Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolly v backpack on a trolly

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This is what I want to see before I spend more money. I only have a berlingo but it's only 1 year old so don't want to swap unless I have too. 

I have friends who do wfp from van and some from trolly. Think I need to find out for myself but appreciate where you are coming from ?
As I say I got the Gardiner backpack, 2 25ltr jerry cans to get practicing with. You could also use on some of your customers properties, which will give you feedback on how they feel etc. Experience on how a trolley will get you round some of the properties you work on etc.Then go from there ,if you need a tank etc in your van. 

Thanks for info... I've got a trolly, getting clx22 as a trial pole but plan on having it for spare/chemical and replace with slx22, still haven't made mind up on fitting n brush. Someone sujusted a fitting that stopped water coming out of BP when disconnected. 
That fitting stops water coming out, nice n easy to plug hose in. As I say I fitted hoseless system in my pole so I disconnect that also, just roll up the hose n store.

As I say I got the Gardiner backpack, 2 25ltr jerry cans to get practicing with. You could also use on some of your customers properties, which will give you feedback on how they feel etc. Experience on how a trolley will get you round some of the properties you work on etc.Then go from there ,if you need a tank etc in your van. 
That's exactly the plan, even been mentioning it to customers and so far all good feed back.... A lot trust me to make right decision and do good job after 30years ?

That's exactly the plan, even been mentioning it to customers and so far all good feed back.... A lot trust me to make right decision and do good job after 30years ?
I've been using mine on my own house family and neighbours. Had a few enquiries whilst using  so a couple of customers lined up. I went for the longest hose that comes with the pole, also I've been using the medium/soft universal sill brush. I need to get used to the swivel gooseneck (practice,practice n more practice)

I've been using mine on my own house family and neighbours. Had a few enquiries whilst using  so a couple of customers lined up. I went for the longest hose that comes with the pole, also I've been using the medium/soft universal sill brush. I need to get used to the swivel gooseneck (practice,practice n more practice)
How long hose, been sujested that 20m longest? I might get both swivel n normal neck... Are you using brush head bumper? They seem like a good idea

How long hose, been sujested that 20m longest? I might get both swivel n normal neck... Are you using brush head bumper? They seem like a good idea
Just checked on the site.

I got 11.5 m with valve fitted. Still not used fully extended, as I move the trolley along as I go. I have both swivel n non swivel. Not got brush head number, the bristles on sill brush stick out at the sides, so I just go carefully,  I got 1.4 mm pencil jets , not tried the fan jets yet. 

Ian Docksey said:

I got 11.5 m with valve fitted. Still not used fully extended, as I move the trolley along as I go. I have both swivel n non swivel. Not got brush head number, the bristles on sill brush stick out at the sides, so I just go carefully,  I got 1.4 mm pencil jets , not tried the fan jets yet. 
Bumper *

Bumper *
I think in reality using a trolley. Is set it down ,do the front , then wrap it up a bit, wheel it round the back and do there. Not going to go round the whole house using just the hose. Also before going round the back, top up the backpack.  

Bumper *
Bumper stops side of brush making marks on frames... Only£4

I think in reality using a trolley. Is set it down ,do the front , then wrap it up a bit, wheel it round the back and do there. Not going to go round the whole house using just the hose. Also before going round the back, top up the backpack.  
Was hoping to do 3 houses on one fill. If using 1 1/2bp or 30L I do 25 houses a day so would use 750L per day minimum.... I wouldn't need a bigger van I'd need a truck! ??

Was hoping to do 3 houses on one fill. If using 1 1/2bp or 30L I do 25 houses a day so would use 750L per day minimum.... I wouldn't need a bigger van I'd need a truck! ??
I think others on here with experience can give you an idea of how much water you will use doing x amount of houses. 

I said on another post, I used roughly 75 litres doing my house with a conny. But it hadn't been cleaned for a couple of years. Got the conny roof to do b4 xmas. Lol

I think others on here with experience can give you an idea of how much water you will use doing x amount of houses. 

I said on another post, I used roughly 75 litres doing my house with a conny. But it hadn't been cleaned for a couple of years. Got the conny roof to do b4 xmas. Lol
Yeah been told u use at least double water on 1st clean and that's when your pro

Back