Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve versions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have paid close attention to all comments, both positive and negative, and disappointed in mixed views of why and why not I have made the spring out of Zinc/galvanised Metal.

The truth is these wont last as long as stainless, but should last about two years.

The reason for change from stainless, is stainless 316 Marine grade is around half as hard as Zinc/Galvanised.

Any stiff operating univalves are actually due to grease running out so should be lubricated only.

This being the case when you pull the hose to operate the univalve, the stainless hardly has the strength to pull the

hose back up the pole, especially at height, (30ft) let alone when the grease starts to run dry!

I have had complaints the the valve was not switching off so found the next closest metal, Called J500.

I want you guys to get good use out the Uni-valve, but at the same time, even if the spring lasted the rubber would eventually wear anyway.

They cant last years and years anyway as its not a big enough market for a one hit wonder.

I have uploaded a service kit for univalve on our site.

New stem, spring, O-ring and new cap.

No need to cut hose off old Uni-valve, as all parts supplied

Sorry for any confusion, or seeming lack of response but customer feedback, it is always best to wait patiently and see common issues complaints ect.

Regards

Steven, 

Ex-ceed innovation Ltd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for putting your side across, however I still feel that your threats to someone who was, at the time, offering a solution to a problem that wasn't available elsewhere is very poor.

Thanks for your efforts to improve the WFP users experience but your next invention would have to be exceptional for me to put my hand in my pocket again. I'm fairly certain you won't lose any sleep over it though.

I have John Guest push fittings around 6 inches either side of the univalves, so I assume I don’t need to remove the hose off the univalve barbs to service it?

Before anyone says use the search bar, I can’t be ar5ed  :coffee:

I have John Guest push fittings around 6 inches either side of the univalves, so I assume I don’t need to remove the hose off the univalve barbs to service it?

Before anyone says use the search bar, I can’t be ar5ed  :coffee:
If the spring does go, then yes you will need to remove the hose.

However I'm suppling the parts so you pull the old insides out and push new parts in.

There's a new cap as well incase the one that's fitted might get damaged on remove. 

Sake of simplicity and ease.

If the spring does go, then yes you will need to remove the hose.

However I'm suppling the parts so you pull the old insides out and push new parts in.

There's a new cap as well incase the one that's fitted might get damaged on remove. 

Sake of simplicity and ease.
Thanks Steve. Surprised by that as the pole hose isn’t connected to the spring ?

Thanks Steve. Surprised by that as the pole hose isn’t connected to the spring ?
The problem is Steve, is you can't get the spring off without removing the hose.

Often the barb breaks off and then your snookered.

This is why if its complete, any old parts that may break, or get damaged, doesn't cause concern as you have got new full replacements.

I have paid close attention to all comments, both positive and negative, and disappointed in mixed views of why and why not I have made the spring out of Zinc/galvanised Metal.

The truth is these wont last as long as stainless, but should last about two years.

The reason for change from stainless, is stainless 316 Marine grade is around half as hard as Zinc/Galvanised.

Any stiff operating univalves are actually due to grease running out so should be lubricated only.

This being the case when you pull the hose to operate the univalve, the stainless hardly has the strength to pull the

hose back up the pole, especially at height, (30ft) let alone when the grease starts to run dry!

I have had complaints the the valve was not switching off so found the next closest metal, Called J500.

I want you guys to get good use out the Uni-valve, but at the same time, even if the spring lasted the rubber would eventually wear anyway.

They cant last years and years anyway as its not a big enough market for a one hit wonder.

I have uploaded a service kit for univalve on our site.

New stem, spring, O-ring and new cap.

No need to cut hose off old Uni-valve, as all parts supplied

Sorry for any confusion, or seeming lack of response but customer feedback, it is always best to wait patiently and see common issues complaints ect.

Regards

Steven, 

Ex-ceed innovation Ltd.
I think that was a very reasonable response and another good option available for Univalve users. 

Both options are good. @Skxawngyou design some very good things. Made my job easier and saved a bit of money over the past year. 
Your univalve repair kit was an instant fix so I appreciated it. I think your are very fair with your comments too. All the best to both guys @steve jones both seem decent chaps. ?
I will continue to support @Skxawngas I think his products are great, very useful. 

It appears that Mr Univalve Jones needs to move away from his keyboard.

Just had a 5hitty reply to my video on fitting a univalve to a phantom pole 

Saying I'm doing it all wrong etc. I'll do what i want. You've had your money and no more. Jog on 
Sorry it came across rude, to the point.

But i said "why Are you fitting the hose from the top, just feed the hose from the bottom till it comes through the top of the pole."

However never intended to offend.

It's evident that he has an issue with his communicational skills with pre & existing customers.

You buy a univalve not a licensed installation process you have to use 

I did what I did in my video because the latter option wouldn't work 

I deleted my video because I can't be ar5ed to deal with those with poor grammar, mannerisms & attitude 
You know, I never thought of doing a phantom uni-valve installation, because I thought you fit the univalve to all poles the same, from the bottom. 

Will make sure this is addressed, I have  been ignorant to this.

It's evident that he has an issue with his communicational skills with pre & existing customers.

You buy a univalve not a licensed installation process you have to use 

I did what I did in my video because the latter option wouldn't work 

I deleted my video because I can't be ar5ed to deal with those with poor grammar, mannerisms & attitude 
I noticed I said "has" and not "as"

Your right!

Stupid predict phone.

I ordered a Univalve repair kit from Exceed when they became available and it arrived the other day.
It's has everything we could possibly need to repair one.
For £15 (+ vat and postage) I believe it's good value for money.IMG_20220303_150301.jpg

One thing I am not keen on is changing products and not supporting the old ones - i.e. the new hoseless system has replaced the old type - not found any spares listed for the old system! OK I see he can't support the old version indefinitely but to cut customers off without notice with a non compatible new system isn't great.
@ched999uk i found the parts i needed here Unger Professional Window Cleaning Equipment and Supplies in I only bought the protector sleeve, the bung which I needed to add insulation tape as it's for their pole, and the hose stay. But I changed the hose stay as I cut down a JG 3way coupler, as in this thread. Something useful if you use hoseless

Latest Posts

Back