Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wash & reach in pouring rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When I use WFP I have never worked with TDS higher than 3 or 4, usually it is 0. Seem to remember checking the TDS on rain water the other year and it showed a reading of 14. Would never dream of using that High a TDS on windows.
Neither would I, but let's say you cleaned the windows in the dry beautiful sunshine, then that night it absolutely poured it down all night, would you worry about all that rain that fell after you cleaned?  The rain falls nearly every day around here, if you didn't clean in the rain you would only work 2 to 3 days a week until March, and even in March it would be 3 to 4 days a week.  So you would rarely work 20 days a month if you didn't work weekends, probably more like 15 days a month.

Like I say though, when I go to clean my windows they still look clean, some even after 8 weeks, they need doing but only the most picky of people would say they needed doing.  It's more of a subtle difference after cleaning them, not a night and day difference, but rain won't make them filthy.  

Just look at your own windows, I did mine on Christmas Eve, Wednesday night it was non stop raining all night, I seriously thought we would have flooding, on top of that we've had a couple of inches of snow twice, gale force winds and tonnes more rain.  My windows still look completely clear.

I was wondering how I manage to get by each month when the weather is bad. I can work 7 days a week so if the weather is better at weekends then I go out then and I only have 8 days a month window cleaning.

It's freezing fog here, really thick, I'll have two pairs of gloves on, thermal waterproof socks, wind proof coat with thermal top, cap... but still in my shorts ?.  No way could I not wear gloves though, fingers still freeze with 2 pairs on.
I’ve never worn gloves for work. My hands are always ok. 

The key is the wind.if its heavy rain AND very windy then I usually sack it off....

The last 2 days have been continuous light rain ALL day with virtually no wind so I cracked on...

Dry today but -2 here.....better than rain though!??
Very true. 

It was -2 here even after 11am but I managed to crack a good bit of work off even with cold water, back at it tomorrow weather permitting for a few hours just to catch up after bad snow last week and this. 

The people who dont work in the rain/snow means they have no mortgage to pay.... they living the easy life ? hope to be in there shoes 1 day
Not necessarily. Jumping to conclusions. Like @Part Timersaid some have no debt. Lots of things factor into it. If you have 8 vans working for you you must be coining it in, you should have no mortgage?. People have debt, divorce, kids to pay for, flash lifestyle always wanting the latest. Some live a modest lifestyle with no debt. Everybody is different and that’s their choices. Hence some work in rain and others don’t. I know some who work in heavy rain and when it’s nice they take the day off, all choices. Each to their own. ???

So on the first job your pole is warm? The pole warms up after 30 minutes or so. The pole and reel hose warms up quickly but not the pole.
yes......you cant compare an immersion heater to a proper 9kw hot water system....by the time i got to my first job(20 mins)my water was scalding hot with all my hose on my reel......

I have a 9kg hot water system but not circulating back into the tank. I warm hose reel before starting but it still takes time for pole to warm but you wear gloves as well.
sorry mate i thought you had an immersion...i must be getting you mixed up with someone else....your heater will be circulating back to the tank before the first job of the day though mate....like i say by the time i get to my first job my hose is red hot because my heater has been on for 20 mins.....i had the burner and glow pin changed just before xmas(after 3 years)and its firing on all cylinders now.......

Not necessarily. Jumping to conclusions. Like @Part Timersaid some have no debt. Lots of things factor into it. If you have 8 vans working for you you must be coining it in, you should have no mortgage?. People have debt, divorce, kids to pay for, flash lifestyle always wanting the latest. Some live a modest lifestyle with no debt. Everybody is different and that’s their choices. Hence some work in rain and others don’t. I know some who work in heavy rain and when it’s nice they take the day off, all choices. Each to their own. ???
Not meaning to boast, but I have no depts or mortgage and a wife that probably earns well over double the top earners on here, but I still work in moderate rain to get me out the house and means never having to work weekends. ?

Have a great weekend fellow windies, pub time....???????????

Not meaning to boast, but I have no depts or mortgage and a wife that probably earns well over double the top earners on here, but I still work in moderate rain to get me out the house and means never having to work weekends. ?

so your missus earns well over £100k a year?....she must pay a lot of tax!.....

Karen Brady is your wife ?

The drinks should be on him then???

Back