Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wash & reach in pouring rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I crack on but on days like today I'd have just been fed up.  Luckily didn't have a busy week so might be ok but still could be bad tomorrow and Friday.  

Last week wasn't like today, it's still raining now.  It's not just about me working in it, it floods around here and although I think my place would be ok, both neighbours have flooded in the past so I'd rather keep an eye on things than be out working, ****** off because I'm soaked and then come back to a flooded garage, then I really would be well and truly ****** off, lol.
I dont live on a flood plain thank god.....listening to music or an audio book helps my working day along(I wear one bluetooth earbud when working)and have 3 goretex jackets in the van to swap around when they get too wet!?.....its all about preparation and organization!

I dont live on a flood plain thank god.....listening to music or an audio book helps my working day along(I wear one bluetooth earbud when working)and have 3 goretex jackets in the van to swap around when they get too wet!?.....its all about preparation and organization!
Neither do I, but I live on a big hill and there are brooks everywhere that fill up and then with ridiculous amounts of rain they can't cope and then spill over and then the road turns into a river.  

It's the same everywhere, have a look at the Manchester Evening News, reports of flooding everywhere.  Seems to happen twice a year now, these so called 1 in a 100 year weather events.  

ched999uk - I hang up all my gear on coat hooks that are above a radiator next to the front door, all nice and toasty warm and dry by the next morning.

Great attitude and advice! ?

Its snowing heavily here now!I'll see what it's like in the morning before I make a decision to work or not...if it turns to slush then that's fine but if the ambient air temperature is very low and its compacted snow and ice itll be a day off....its not worth risking crashing the van or getting stuck down a country lane!

Lol we have 11 degrees and pouring rain ??
That's what we had, until about 2 hours ago, lol.  Everybody was getting ready for flooding then suddenly it turned to snow and some how it stuck despite all the water everywhere.  Really weird evening.  Lots of roads are flooded, lots of others covered in snow and it's still snowing.  

I working tomorrow, don't care if I've got to make some home made ski's, I'm going for it, poxy bloody weather, lol.

Back