Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wash & reach in pouring rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We find the pole gets really warm and keeps us warm all over we rarely wear a coat unless it’s raining ,but guess you get far more colder weather than us ???
A hot pole warms you all over and you rarely need a coat?

You never told me this when you mentioned the benefits of a hot water system. ?

It was bloody freezing today, 13:00 and the sills were freezing after I had cleaned them, freezing fog most of the day.  My hands were freezing, tried about 5 different types of gloves with liners, in the end the best were ski gloves with liners, with nitriles underneath that.  All day I was thinking 'I want hot water... ahh ******* ******* freezing... I want hot water... ahh *******... give me a break... I need hot water'  horrible day, lol.

On Wednesday it was chucking it down, but not freezing rain but still cold.  I started off doing a car port roof clean and filled two of my barrels with red hot tap water before I went out.  It definitely keeps you warm, I was sweating in the rain.  Dead easy to clean the roof as well.  

We find the pole gets really warm and keeps us warm all over we rarely wear a coat unless it’s raining ,but guess you get far more colder weather than us ???
Sound like your in a good spot to be! ??

It was bloody freezing today, 13:00 and the sills were freezing after I had cleaned them, freezing fog most of the day.  My hands were freezing, tried about 5 different types of gloves with liners, in the end the best were ski gloves with liners, with nitriles underneath that.  All day I was thinking 'I want hot water... ahh ******* ******* freezing... I want hot water... ahh *******... give me a break... I need hot water'  horrible day, lol.

On Wednesday it was chucking it down, but not freezing rain but still cold.  I started off doing a car port roof clean and filled two of my barrels with red hot tap water before I went out.  It definitely keeps you warm, I was sweating in the rain.  Dead easy to clean the roof as well.  
Dear me we had +8 today ??

i worked today as i had monday off(van in garage for MOT).....although i reckon i was pushing it a bit as its been heavy rain virtually non stop ALL DAY!...i came home at lunchtime for a dry set of clothes and boots as even my waterproofs/boots leaked.....

strangely i picked up a new job too......glad to be home and dry now though!

Last edited by a moderator:
i worked today as i had monday off(van in garage for MOT).....although i reckon i was pushing it a bit as its been heavy rain virtually non stop ALL DAY!...i came home at lunchtime for a dry set of clothes and boots as even my waterproofs/boots leaked.....

I looked out of the window at 7:45 this morning and the trees were horizontal with the wind and rain so went back to bed and had a lazy day ?? hopefully things will be better tomorrow all the work we have to do is costal so need the wind to stop ??

I looked out of the window at 7:45 this morning and the trees were horizontal with the wind and rain so went back to bed and had a lazy day ?? hopefully things will be better tomorrow all the work we have to do is costal so need the wind to stop ??
The wind is a windys thorn in the side ?

I walked our dog in the pouring rain for an hour, bit disappointed my waterproofs I've had about 7 years and never washed or reproofed started letting water in, feet were bone dry wearing wellies, 

I'll have my wellies on for work tomorrow as after weeks of rain and snow the ground is sodden and those new build gardens are like ponds

Took today off and yesterday as the forecast was for non stop rain, yesterday they got it wrong could have worked it fine.  Today they've got it right and now we're bracing ourselves for floods everywhere, it's still belting it down.  Tomorrow I'm back out but hopefully it will have stopped.

I can take a bit of rain but there is that much for the last few weeks now that SAD is really getting to me, I need to see some bright light, it's just dark all the time.

Next year I'm buggering off for January, going to find some bright hot sunshine for a month.

Lovely day at the care home today and only took me a few hours because I wasn't talking much nor venturing inside for cleans. Out in afternoon sealing a conny roof and got the garage roof to repair where a massive tree branch came down. The insurers sent in the builders who repaired it but didn't replace the broken missing roof sarking boards and its leaking like a sieve. I need to get into that insurance repair racket, they seem to be full of brass necks. ? 

I have both reels going with hot water so I put a towel round the bottom reel. I wear trutouch gloves and sometimes need to dry my hands with the hot towel. Its hard to work in the cold and can make you accident prone. I don't think hot water is a luxury but a necessary if one is in this game full-time. My customers have begun to ask if its smoke coming from my brush head but I reassure them its only steam because I have both reels recirculating hot water when I arrive. Starting to get the water up to temperature now but its only took me 18 months. ?  

Took today off and yesterday as the forecast was for non stop rain, yesterday they got it wrong could have worked it fine.  Today they've got it right and now we're bracing ourselves for floods everywhere, it's still belting it down.  Tomorrow I'm back out but hopefully it will have stopped.

I can take a bit of rain but there is that much for the last few weeks now that SAD is really getting to me, I need to see some bright light, it's just dark all the time.

Next year I'm buggering off for January, going to find some bright hot sunshine for a month.
If Id of sacked the 2 rainy days off we had last week and today I would be at least £750 down this month already so I cracked on...

Beware of weather forecasts.....they are often wrong and the weather is often completely workable....if it's raining first thing just go out anyway...it usually stops or eases by the time I've drove to my first job(9 times out of 10)..it didnt today though but still carried on....glad I did....

If Id of sacked the 2 rainy days off we had last week and today I would be at least £750 down this month already so I cracked on...

Beware of weather forecasts.....they are often wrong and the weather is often completely workable....if it's raining first thing just go out anyway...it usually stops or eases by the time I've drove to my first job(9 times out of 10)..it didnt today though but still carried on....glad I did....
I crack on but on days like today I'd have just been fed up.  Luckily didn't have a busy week so might be ok but still could be bad tomorrow and Friday.  

Last week wasn't like today, it's still raining now.  It's not just about me working in it, it floods around here and although I think my place would be ok, both neighbours have flooded in the past so I'd rather keep an eye on things than be out working, ****** off because I'm soaked and then come back to a flooded garage, then I really would be well and truly ****** off, lol.

I have both reels going with hot water so I put a towel round the bottom reel. I wear trutouch gloves and sometimes need to dry my hands with the hot towel. Its hard to work in the cold and can make you accident prone. I don't think hot water is a luxury but a necessary if one is in this game full-time. My customers have begun to ask if its smoke coming from my brush head but I reassure them its only steam because I have both reels recirculating hot water when I arrive. Starting to get the water up to temperature now but its only took me 18 months. ?  
Why haven’t you mentioned you have hot water before? ?

That’s what I normally do in January.

Week in the canaries with the wife and neighbours, come back for a week, then back out there with the lads. It makes winter feel shorter ?

Back