Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What a bad run of weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Take it easy lads with storm Dennis this week. 
Holiday time, have a great week fellow windies. ????

Scottish did two post not about himself. This has confused me.

Doe’s anyone know what he’s up to on Friday? ?
You too dude sunbrella out?...more like umbrellas here ☔☔

What arrows do you throw boss? 
22g Robbie Greens. Had them for about 3 years now and can put in a good shift with them. 

Yup, Super Ted Evetts, good player. Shame he had the crowd against him whilst playing Fallon. I played Rob Cross in super league about 3 years ago. Beat me 4-0 but I managed to leave tops every leg. He checked out before I had a shot at the double though lol

22g Robbie Greens. Had them for about 3 years now and can put in a good shift with them. 

Yup, Super Ted Evetts, good player. Shame he had the crowd against him whilst playing Fallon. I played Rob Cross in super league about 3 years ago. Beat me 4-0 but I managed to leave tops every leg. He checked out before I had a shot at the double though lol
Yeah that’s it isn’t it. If you can’t get a shot at double there’s not a lot you can do about it. Still good effort though! 
i‘m in the early stages been through 6 sets of darts before finding what suits me. I now alternate between 21G & 19G darts (john lowe type bomber barrels) they’re called bully darts) as i can’t get on with straight barrels as all my darts go in wonky angles no matter what the weight so i ditched straight darts altogether now

Last edited by a moderator:

My pal has a Baby Styles franchise, they sponsored Rob Cross for £5k. When he won the Championship the price went up to £50k.

My pal has a Baby Styles franchise, they sponsored Rob Cross for £5k. When he won the Championship the price went up to £50k.

Wow, that's a big jump.

Not surprising though. We had Adrian Lewis down for an exhibition, he was charging a grand. He won his first world title and his price went up to £3k. He's a good lad though and honoured his previous price of £1k.

Again, forecast last night was fine for today, now I’ve been sat in Morrissons cafe for 45 minutes as some really heavy & windy showers are coming across! 

I was quite lucky with the weather today as I was on a roof powerwashing away. Don't really notice the rain when one is head to toe in waterproofs. Only really notice the rain when I was tidying up which takes just as long.

It’s getting beyond a joke now. The weather is looking atrocious for this week. Cleaned my windows today when I got home and stinking already 

North East winter 2011/12.

Never did much apart from a couple of shops for 6 weeks. The roads onto the estates were full of snow and as slippery as anything. Just not worth the drama of having an accident. Parked outside the shops we did clean and got the van stuck on the main road.
Got away with that lost a few days. I bet you still had your shorts on. 

Been non stop rain here for god knows how long.  Today was the first day that it's stopped raining for more than 6 hours.  This morning and all of last night is was non stop rain though.  Sick and tired of it, just one days break from the bloody wind and rain would be good.  It's affecting getting new customers, the phone is very quiet, nobody is thinking about getting them cleaned while its raining all the time.  Just starting raining again now, must be going into the 4th week of it being like this.

You should try and do a first clean, 18 months, at 50+ foot in 40mph winds 250 miles from home.
That's the thing, with the weather like it is you just can't put off the work, have to crack on.  Don't know what I'd do on a big job booked in advance.

Seriously thinking of making it every 6 or 8 weeks next winter.  Don't know how I'd cope with a full diary.

At this very week last year I was delivering leaflets in 17 degree sunshine with no wind.  I made notes of it for future reference.  How different a year can be.
Yes but that February last year a freak year. I’m afraid that you take on what the weather throws at you in this job.

I’m just about to get my waterproofs out the van now as it’s raining here again. 
Monday to Friday is work, sod the weather. The only way to catch up if you have time off during the week is to work weekends and there’s no way I’m doing that. So the correct clothing on, and crack on for me ?

At this very week last year I was delivering leaflets in 17 degree sunshine with no wind.  I made notes of it for future reference.  How different a year can be.
A customer told me yesterday that this time last year it was 21 degrees with some freak weather we had. I can’t remember it to be fair 

At least with these stormy westerlys  I havent had to leave a heater in the van this year. Dont miss that. Do feel for those getting flooded though, hard to imagine just what a nightmare that must be.

A customer told me yesterday that this time last year it was 21 degrees with some freak weather we had. I can’t remember it to be fair 
I remember it, I had just started out and was in my shorts and t-shirt, with suncream and a two litre bottle of drinking water, I was sweating doing my first fascia and window clean on a detached.  It was freak weather but then it rained all March.  Just hope March isn't the same as last year as that will mean 8 solid weeks of rain.

Rains stopped now anyway, it's now hail, doh.

I remember 2011 I think it was when it was -13 down here at night as I was helping a mate out driving a grit lorry at night and window cleaning during the day.

Still got all my work done in the day lol.

Weather is weather but still have windows to clean.

I was trad then so just used trad pole and a litre of ipa in my bucket .

Don't let the weather stop you as the bills don't stop.

Rain just helps with rinsing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back