Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What are your most painful problems? I might be able to help.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use routexl at the moment, it’s a lot more efficient than squeegees software which seems to send you on weird routes and also doesn’t pick up your current location more often than not so updating the route on the fly (if you add other jobs in etc) doesn’t work...
sometimes just using your  common sense is more effective than relying on route planners........

sometimes just using your  common sense is more effective than relying on route planners........
Sometimes I agree, but if you have a day of one off jobs in a new area or new jobs to slot into a round there’s absolutely nothing wrong with using a route planner to confirm if what you’re planning is the most efficient.

I find a combination of the two makes the best route as you have local knowledge but may have your blinkers on and actually miss a better way round. 

Better to have the option and not need it than need it and not have it.

Sometimes I agree, but if you have a day of one off jobs in a new area or new jobs to slot into a round there’s absolutely nothing wrong with using a route planner to confirm if what you’re planning is the most efficient.

I find a combination of the two makes the best route as you have local knowledge but may have your blinkers on and actually miss a better way round. 

Better to have the option and not need it than need it and not have it.
it doesnt matter to me as nearly all my work (300+ jobs)are within a 3 mile affluent area so i just move a few jobs around here and there to suit me when needed......

it doesnt matter to me as nearly all my work (300+ jobs)are within a 3 mile affluent area so i just move a few jobs around here and there to suit me when needed......
Well I applaud you, you’re very lucky, but not everyone Is in that position so a decent route planner may help others. 

Just had a thought. Don't know if it's been mentioned or you have it in hand but to convert people who use some of your competitors apps you will need to have a good import mechanism. Otherwise people won't try as they are too 'invested' in their current app.

Just had a thought. Don't know if it's been mentioned or you have it in hand but to convert people who use some of your competitors apps you will need to have a good import mechanism. Otherwise people won't try as they are too 'invested' in their current app.
Hey @ched999uk yeah this is a great point and I chatted about it earlier as a feature, not so much thinking about migrating data but more in terms of retaining ownership of your data. My intention here is to allow users to schedule an automated backup of all their data exported into a spreadsheet for safekeeping. This would be perfect to enable data migrations to a new App as well.

Hey @ched999uk yeah this is a great point and I chatted about it earlier as a feature, not so much thinking about migrating data but more in terms of retaining ownership of your data. My intention here is to allow users to schedule an automated backup of all their data exported into a spreadsheet for safekeeping. This would be perfect to enable data migrations to a new App as well.
It might be worth looking at the other apps and how they export/backup data as your import would have to work with their formatting otherwise there is a huge amount of work to do to switch apps! Remember you have past history inc payments and debts that have to be imported! 

It might be worth looking at the other apps and how they export/backup data as your import would have to work with their formatting otherwise there is a huge amount of work to do to switch apps! Remember you have past history inc payments and debts that have to be imported! 
I think any good software vendors should be allowing their data to be exported using an open standard in a machine readable format. I certainly will be taking this approach with our data exports. For those vendors who don't do this, you are right, some investigation and development would be needed for each. I've added this to our feature RoadMap, I think it will become really important. 

Latest Posts

Back