Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Do You Think To These Prices?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cheap, and it records too which is good, only problem is I bet the picture quality is nowhere near as good as it shows on fleabay,

We Baught a video monitor for my wee man, and on the box it showed the monitor screen in pristine hd quality video, when we got it all up and running it was absolutely shyt quality

Can hardly even make out my lad properly on it,

Lol nooooooo, I don't think my woman would be to happy with that, plus it doesn't have the built in battery.

But yea good shout I think they work a lot better in daylight.

China make most of the wireless dvr's a rechargable cameras for mainly the baby monitor market. Then some bright spark decided they would solve the issues how to see what is in guttering whilst clearing them out with a guttervac. Simples

Now suppliers call them wireless guttercam's and sell them may I add at inflated prices too :Image16:

Why do youse bother offering customers videos and pictures off there gutters??, when you put a car too your garage do they offer you pictures off the repairs etc, nah course not, is the customers blind or summat,im sure they can see you doing the job and if there not home im sure they can hear/ see that there gutters are flowing again and not over flowing, ive never offered it and never been asked for it, if they do ill stand aside and offer them a shot up the ladder haha, bet they don't bother.

Good shout Donny. Anyone know what I can do with a shed load of wet pine needles? Did a job today and the lady wouldn't let me put the in her recycling bin. Can't put them in mine as I use it for sumat else ;-)

Whilst I'm on a quote I have won loads of work just by doing a gutter camera survey as some like to see how bad they are. I'm a pro dont you know :Image13:

However the camera survey is done mostly for me to find out what issues I will face so can price accordingly like width of gap between the tiles & gutter, How badly blocked the gutter are, any blocked downspouts etc. Also to show the potential customers how good or bad they are.

Not to mention gaining more work with shared gutter runs with others next door.

Pics & videos are a powerful sales tool you know - A picture paints a thousand words and all that

Be it taken by a camera on a stick or up a ladder :Image10:

Why do youse bother offering customers videos and pictures off there gutters??, when you put a car too your garage do they offer you pictures off the repairs etc, nah course not, is the customers blind or summat,im sure they can see you doing the job and if there not home im sure they can hear/ see that there gutters are flowing again and not over flowing, ive never offered it and never been asked for it, if they do ill stand aside and offer them a shot up the ladder haha, bet they don't bother.

Whilst I'm on a quote I have won loads of work just by doing a gutter camera survey as some like to see how bad they are. I'm a pro dont you know :Image13:

However the camera survey is done mostly for me to find out what issues I will face so can price accordingly like width of gap between the tiles & gutter, How badly blocked the gutter are, any blocked downspouts etc. Also to show the potential customers how good or bad they are.

Not to mention gaining more work with shared gutter runs with others next door.

Pics & videos are a powerful sales tool you know - A picture paints a thousand words and all that

Be it taken by a camera on a stick or up a ladder :Image10:
+1 on that,

one I did today I used a camera to check all gutters and found out that there was only 3 sections that was blocked in total about 1.5m's of gutter out of all the house, showed the customer, only charged for clearing that section out,

its a lot easier to get the pole out and walk round the house to look than get the ladder out!!! lol

you never know who the customer is these days! ROUGE TRADERS from the tv! lol

some guys go up the ladder, see there's nothing there, spend a while on site then charge customer for doing nothing,

Talking of pics RC what kit are you selling... post a pic and spec so we can all see.

Must have some different kinds off customers doon there, up here peeps phone you about there gutters cos they can see there blocked or see weeds growin outa thenm so they don't need a picture or a quote, ive never been asked fpr a quote for gutters just asked tae sort the problem lol

On RC point off just charging for the bit that's clogged , that too me is crazy, ,,so your gonna go tae a hoose do a survey show em pictures then give em a price , stuff that, I don't even go too price gutter cleans, if a punter phones for gutters its , sorry don't do quotes for them , its £35 per hour, take it or leave it.

If it is a terreced property then no point in doing one part of the shared gutter run if it falls to the next door downspout that their guttering is still full of **** and/or the downspout is blocked. Likewise now point in just clearing that part of the gutter run either with still **** in next door gutter as the first heavy rainfall the **** will wash down to the part that has just been cleared out. :Image13:

Having a pic to show to the customer and neughbour/s wins me work all the time. Go figure :Image3:

I like the take it or leave it bit Donny but 35 squid an hour aren’t you selling yourself a wee bit short? :Image16:

On RC point off just charging for the bit that's clogged , that too me is crazy, ,,so your gonna go tae a hoose do a survey show em pictures then give em a price , stuff that, I don't even go too price gutter cleans, if a punter phones for gutters its , sorry don't do quotes for them , its £35 per hour, take it or leave it.

I only charge for what I clean, no point charging the customer for cleaning out an empty gutter, waste of my time to pretend to clean.

got to this job, got gutter vac out, cleaned on the areas that needed to be cleaned, packed up, 20 minutes £15, then come away with another £25 job from them to do next week!

Good shout Donny. Anyone know what I can do with a shed load of wet pine needles? Did a job today and the lady wouldn't let me put the in her recycling bin. Can't put them in mine as I use it for sumat else ;-)
Stick the in the back of a car (not a company van) then take the to the recycle yard and bung them in the garden waste skip.

OR, if they are clean enough and not full of all sots of other horrible stuff. You can use them as a top mulch on your Rhododendrons or other other ericaceous plants (acid loving) such as Acers, Forest Flame, Camellia etc

Latest Posts

Back