Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Do You Think To These Prices?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Whilst I'm on a quote I have won loads of work just by doing a gutter camera survey as some like to see how bad they are. I'm a pro dont you know :Image13:

However the camera survey is done mostly for me to find out what issues I will face so can price accordingly like width of gap between the tiles & gutter, How badly blocked the gutter are, any blocked downspouts etc. Also to show the potential customers how good or bad they are.

Not to mention gaining more work with shared gutter runs with others next door.

Pics & videos are a powerful sales tool you know - A picture paints a thousand words and all that

Be it taken by a camera on a stick or up a ladder :Image10:
Brilliant Idea Smurf!

Reason why I asked Donny I've got one to do latter today front only pair of semi's approx 12m of guttering & unblock one downspout for 100 squid.

Should take no longer than an hour to do that job properly including travel time, setting up and packing away. Ching Ching

I would also not want the hassle to charge customers by the hour myself as like you say 61 mins would cost them £70 and a lot of resentment from a customer who is expecting the job done in under an hour for only £35.

Think £35/ hour is good, if job takes 15 minutes its £35, it it takes 61 minutes its £70, etc lol

Most customers resent handing over £100 for less than an hours work anyway lol , ye see what you mean by the neighbours , I usually knock the door and tell em anyway, some I get some I don't, I always work with the 2 off us on gutter jobs, normally we manage 2 houses an hour easy.

If anyone owns a go pro, ge the wireless backpack, stick a mount on the end of a pole and away you go! £80!

If you already have one:L

Take pics next time Donny of next door aswell as then you can simply show them the proof they need doing and you’re not making it up as some would do just to try and make a fast few bucks .

Its then upto you how you go about pricing the work up as is better to do the shared gutter runs in one go. :Image9:

Nice idea Shiny :Image9:

I've not used a gopro before so can you play back the vid on the camera or pause frames (ie pic) or does it have to be uploaded to a pc first?

If anyone owns a go pro, ge the wireless backpack, stick a mount on the end of a pole and away you go! £80!

If you already have one:L

No, you need to use your ipad or iphone and the picture will go to it, you can record via it and that, it would allow you to let the customer see the gutters in 1080p!

For survey work to record vid clips mounted on a pole and take pics from a ladder etc I just use me old canon g7 camera.

It has a big lcd screen on the back so is easy for ppl to see the stills or clips there and then.

All the pics I have taken and uploaded in this post has been taken by that g7 camera.

Works well for me :Image9:

I've acualty dropped me g7 from 2 storey gutter height that landed on concreate. Being metal cased also with a metal lens adaper to protect the telscopic lens it still worked fine. Go figure

Now where did I put me camera wrist strap :Image3:

Indeed Andy... So that’s another good reason why I always ask customers to move their cars off their drive as I can be a clumsy old devil at times.

Oops! :Image13:

Latest Posts

Back