Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is your go to brush?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’m interested in the xtremes purely because of the light weight but read they aren’t as long lasting as a lot of the other brushes. Would you say that’s right in your experience? 
I now use the Extreme Sill Brush for all my maintenance washes and most of my first washes. I haven't been using them all that long, about four months at a guess. I haven't found any problem with them not lasting. I've seen no significant deterioration or damage so far. The thing is I'm not hard on gear. I allow the bristles to do the work, rather than trying to wear a hole through the glass like I've watched some other operators do. I use heated water, 60-65c in the tank, up to 45c at the brush. 

Even the flocked Xtreme sill brush is noticeably heavier in use compared to the regular ones. I recently switched back to my DuPont Xtreme for a particular job and it was like a breath of fresh air. Ended up leaving it on for the rest of the day. It’s a shame Alex didn’t put it into production.
Judging by what I’ve read from Tapertec brush users I recon DuPont outer bristles and Tapertec inner ones would be a great combination on an Xtreme brush.

How wussy are you lot?

I use the supreme mixed on everything now and no problems.

Not like you are sticking a housebrick on the end.

Just clean the windows lol 
I just find it more enjoyable all round working with light, well balanced kit, as long as it does the job ?

Mine clean windows lol.

Whatever is on it.

I do like my 35cm ultimate though when I'm in the mood

A type of bristle material.
Some work better than others on different substances. Ie: bird muck, egg, snail trails etc.
What's it like compared to Nylon?  

So many different brushes, it gets confusing.  Does anyone else think the naming doesn't help.  Like you have Supreme, Ultimate, Super Lite, Universal, Xtreme.  I think gardners are great but the naming is confusing, I mean what's next the 'Extreme Supreme' , it's confusing.  Be easier if it was like Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, Type 4, boring names but simpler. 

Yeah, I have a 35cm Xtreme that I use on a small round where most of the windows are large panes. It feels much quicker on those large windows. It works well even with the swivel 

The Ultimate DuPont Tapertec is a great all rounder and good on leaded windows also, get the 1.4mm jet capsules, the ultimate brushes are just a lighter version of a SuperLite it feels lighter in use than the Xtreme sill flocked. 
That’s what I will get them! I’m looking forward to trying out a bigger brush with a lighter pole to speed my work up 

That’s what I will get them! I’m looking forward to trying out a bigger brush with a lighter pole to speed my work up 
I do think it's better to have a good all rounder rather than blowing money on multiple brushes that don't get used that much, ultimately it's very much a personal preference, personally I think 2 brushes at an absolute max is more than adequate, says me with about 5 in my garage collecting dust

I do think it's better to have a good all rounder rather than blowing money on multiple brushes that don't get used that much, ultimately it's very much a personal preference, personally I think 2 brushes at an absolute max is more than adequate, says me with about 5 in my garage collecting dust
Oops! I'm another dust collector who now only uses two types. ?

whats your favorite gutter/facia brushes please me hearteys? don't know whether to go for a gardiner universal or an Unger sill. I also fancy a 35" to speed up for my maintenance  work am I right to fancy the extreme tapertech hybrid over the ultimate 35 and save some weight,going from a 26 to a 35 and all?

Last edited by a moderator:
whats your favorite gutter/facia brushes please me hearteys? don't know whether to go for a gardiner universal or an Unger sill cheers
Ahoy! shipmate, our choice for all heavy work is Gardiner Medium Mixed Sill Brush. We only use two types of brush. I use the Extreme Sill Brush with 100 degree fan jets for my window cleans.

My son and I both use only the Gardiner MMSB for all our gfs and conservatories and he uses it for all his work. All our brushes are fitted with 100 degree fan jets. Think I may have mentioned that once, or dozens of times. Pencil jets just don't make sense to us.

I can't comment on any other brushes as I don't have any experience with them. ⚓?

whats your favorite gutter/facia brushes please me hearteys? don't know whether to go for a gardiner universal or an Unger sill. I also fancy a 35" to speed up for my maintenance  work am I right to fancy the extreme tapertech hybrid over the ultimate 35 and save some weight,going from a 26 to a 35 and all?
We put a 35" 4 x 1.4mm Tapertech brush on our 60, pole for weight reasons. Got on with it that well we've now decided to try them on all of our poles.

How wussy are you lot?

I use the supreme mixed on everything now and no problems.

Not like you are sticking a housebrick on the end.

Just clean the windows lol 
Iam thinking of this brush for myself,its got a bit of extra splay Mackintosh was surprised by how good it was to,do you use it on gutters also?

Latest Posts

Back