Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's happened with Tulsion resin?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’m curious about this also. @doug atkinson, any truth to this?
MB-151 is not a higher spec than Tulsion MB 115. I have been informed by a few people they were only getting 2 fills ( 11 litre DI Vessel ) so seems there is less.  

These claims often come from Vyair but I personally know the manufacturer and they do not claim it.

Dow MB 19 is their lower spec not as good as their MB 40 but that is very pricy.

Our supply of Tulsion is QC check to high standards as we have manufacturers who use this with high ppm. Other cheaper brands do not bring ppm down to 000 ppm with high ppm input.  

Plenty of stock in for the moment.

I was going to say £20 but @Iron Giant has edited the price list ?
Talking of resin I phoned Varitech before Christmas for a bag of tulison mb115 resin with delivery they wanted £135 I told them what they could do with it , they are right rip of merchants , then they had the cheek to ask why I don’t buy stuff off them , I got the resin from another supplier and paid £85 delivered and that came from a firm hundreds of miles away .

So what’s the difference?????
Basically if u use di then u want to be making sure u use 151 as it lasts longer and if u use RO then u need to make sure u use 115 - if anyone uses them the oppoisite way round then they are not getting 100% efficiency from there resin.

Basically if u use di then u want to be making sure u use 151 as it lasts longer and if u use RO then u need to make sure u use 115 - if anyone uses them the oppoisite way round then they are not getting 100% efficiency from there resin.

Just not to avoid confusion the MB 115 you are referring to is Indion not Tulsion. Cheers

Just not to avoid confusion the MB 115 you are referring to is Indion not Tulsion. Cheers
Yes Indion , i used to use Tulsion for 5-6 years and they were the best and then about 2 year ago they ran out of stock at one point and no one could get hold of tulsion resin  ... a few months later they returned with stock available but ther resin was no where as good as what was before that shortage of resin issue we all had , the resin they used to get was the best resin ever , used to last for ages lol

Unger is good resin and so Indion  , Never tried Ionics resin

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok we use ros so it wouldn’t be suitable then 
The MB-115 is designed to be used with an reverse osmosis system or water softening system.  MB-151 resin is designed for hard water and best to be used with out any other water system.

would be interested in any science info anyone has on this 
He is referring to Indion MB 115 and I wish he would mention that and be honest in his wording.

Indion MB151 is cheaper but having spoken to those who have used it they found they were short changed in how many litres were in the bag. They did not find it lsuperior to Tulsion MB-115.

Now the specifications Indion MB-115 and Indion MB151 are the same resin beads. Indion MB-115 is a 60/40 mix and MB 151 is a 50/50.

UK water is more designed for 60/40 mix however some areas very few more suited to 50/50 mix.

I have a good relationship with Indion and have advised them a few times of the miscommunication of their products being sold here in the UK. What is being stated is not fact. They are aware of that.

If you measured performance per litre produced Tulsion MB 115 would still be at the top.

He is referring to Indion MB 115 and I wish he would mention that and be honest in his wording.

Indion MB151 is cheaper but having spoken to those who have used it they found they were short changed in how many litres were in the bag. They did not find it lsuperior to Tulsion MB-115.

Now the specifications Indion MB-115 and Indion MB151 are the same resin beads. Indion MB-115 is a 60/40 mix and MB 151 is a 50/50.

UK water is more designed for 60/40 mix however some areas very few more suited to 50/50 mix.

I have a good relationship with Indion and have advised them a few times of the miscommunication of their products being sold here in the UK. What is being stated is not fact. They are aware of that.

If you measured performance per litre produced Tulsion MB 115 would still be at the top.
?@doug atkinson Ive never been short quantity in the litre size which is stange ? sounds like scaremongering to me ?

So what your saying is from your experience  from " having spoken to people" ,  okay fair enough... the difference in judging this resin between u and me is i can see for myself i use it everyday... i dont need to speak to people to judge the resin.  

I work with this resin every day and know resin very well,  i used mb-115 all my life until a few months ago i got some mb-151 and i can say it lasts longer and saves me money.  i use over 25,000 litres of pure water per week made by resin so i clearly do have a clue what im talking about mate ? 

Indion MB-151 i can say beats any MB-115 on the market ONLY FOR WHEN USED WITH DOUBLE DI VESSELS ONLY - it works for me and the resin lasts more longer.  If any DI only user orders a bag of indion mb-151 they would never look at a bag of MB-115 again, thats what happened to me ?  People will eventually swtich over from 115 to 151 , its a no brainer.

@doug atkinsonu dont even use the resin mate so stop talking like u work with it everyday ? i deal with this stuff everyday i have 8 di vessels with some beautiful indion1-151 de-ionising pure water so i can go and lick some windows ? I have high knowledge in this field of the window cleaning trade mate, the difference between u and me is that your a salesman selling window cleaning gear mate and im just a window cleaner , its upto people who they choose to trust  (Y)  but i can say that i had 2 window cleaners already tell me 151 lasts way longer then 115 last week. they are now addicted to the new drug (mb-151) ?? OI OIIIIII

@Pjj

Always bought from Doug. Extremely helpful, will always buy from Doug. Never ever had a problem with my resin. 
He does know what he is talking about. 
I can honestly say he is no pushy salesman. Just a nice fella with a good reputation and genuinely helps you by talking things through. That’s why I like to buy from him. 

Always bought from Doug. Extremely helpful, will always buy from Doug. Never ever had a problem with my resin. 
He does know what he is talking about. 
I can honestly say he is no pushy salesman. Just a nice fella with a good reputation and genuinely helps you by talking things through. That’s why I like to buy from him. 

But how can he say   "If you measured performance per litre produced Tulsion MB 115 would still be at the top."

Ive tried both and i can tell u that mb-151 is well more value for money , ive saved a lot through it man  , go on the vyair website and try a bag and u will never look back... and i dont work for vyair or anything mate but im just saying mb-151 is better for double DI bottles lol , its a money saver ?

Back