Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's the coolest thing a customer has given you?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I regularly get hot drinks with customers but around Christmas time many give me a little bit extra, either a few quid, fiver, tenner or a twenty. Some give me a bottle of wine or some chocolates.

In the other times of the year I occasionally get something else. One time a well off customer was planning on buying some new dining chairs, he offered me the ones he was getting rid of. I had them off him for free. One customer gave me her unused saucepans. I had no idea why she was throwing them away. One customer casually offered me a few bottles of wine. I was surprised. She was going to throw away three bottles of wine, a bottle of pricey champagne and a bottle of M&S Irish cream liqueur. I happily took them. 

DJT i'll see you a 'sit in' one and raise you blast in it! By an ex-racing driver to boot!

I had a customer give me a nice flat panel TV and a high end cigar. With the cigar he said if you don't have a humidor I will only give this to you if you promise to smoke it with the next couple of days. I smoked it on the way home.

I’m new to the game compared to a lot of you but in my 4 months I’ve been overpaid by 4 different customers after first cleans after them seeing the job?! .. and I’m by no means cheap which was great! 

A few things customers have given/offered me that stand out :-

I had a spin (passenger) in a 1930's old classic.

Another Customer let me drive his Toyota GT86 this time as driver. He sat in the passenger seat encouraging me to to let the back end loose on a roundabout while he watched out for the old bill.  That was an interesting & fun coffee break ..... I did tell him i only had third party cover but he didn't seem to care and all ended well lol

I've also been offered a free out of season holiday at a cottage my customers own.  I'm yet to take them up on it yet though.....

There's some lovely people out there........

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things customers have given/offered me that stand out :-

I had a spin (passenger) in a 1930's old classic.

Another Customer let me drive his Toyota GT86 this time as driver. He sat in the passenger seat encouraging me to to let the back end loose on a roundabout while he watched out for the old bill.  That was an interesting & fun coffee break ..... I did tell him i only had third party cover but he didn't seem to care and all ended well lol

I've also been offered a free out of season holiday at a cottage my customers own.  I'm yet to take them up on it yet though.....

There's some lovely people out there........
Ah man. would love a go in a GT86. I have a 2005 celica but its front wheel drive so no drifting for me boo hoo

Now your talking. When my mum phoned up to say she’s just made a fresh batch, I can’t get the car keys quick enough ?
My mother is quite the baker and always home made cakes on every occasion except on my birthday which was her secret bread pudding recepie.  

About 4 years back she is visiting when she decides to teach me and share the receipe with me --- awesome, now I can do it myself I dont need to let her visit anymore!! ?

In all seriousness the best things I have ever gotten from customers are advice.  Business and financial advice mostly, things that have helped me grow. 

Latest Posts

Back