Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which roof scraper would you recommend.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

watch out for those paper cuts on the course ?...you lead a cushy life...

(back on the panes first thing...repeat all week)
Bought a box of black mamba (£18 for 100) true touch gloves. My mate was saying the plumbers and mechanics usually wear them. I would recommend them as they seem a lot thicker than the blue ones. fwiw

Does look all moss free...and a few mm of grit from the tile surface ? 

BTW Scottish have you looked at using a PW telescopic lance and doing it from the ground (would be safer)?

Does look all moss free...and a few mm of grit from the tile surface ? 

BTW Scottish have you looked at using a PW telescopic lance and doing it from the ground (would be safer)?
I use a 1.5m lance with a 90 degree bend on it. I need to fit some lead on it as a counterbalance which would save me holding it down. You don't need much pressure to remove moss and lichen on roof tiles. I would like to make my own fsc for roofs but the wheels are the problem. Doing it from the ground would be no use because you need to be up close and to see the result.

There is a guy on the other forum who has a kercher  fsc on a wfp and does it from the ground he put up pictures several years ago seamed to do a good job 
That roof I did was 3hrs but the cleaning up was 3hrs also. If i had my vac hose up there i could have vacced a lot of the stuff up. the future will be a fsc with vac attachment producing no mess.

Had to source a problem for inaccessible, customer facing supermarket roofs, even after using a MEWP/cherry picker there were still bits we couldn't get to that could be seen from the ground.

A lightweight aluminium golf trolley was used.

The handle was removed down to the top of the bag fitting thingy (not a golfer!), the lance was then run through the length of the remaining cart and a hole drilled out of the base of the bag fitting thingy where the lance was bent at an angle that kept it to the right working height of the turbo nozzle.

In effect a lance on wheels.

From flat roofs on the stores we got on with it, Flat roofs would equate to gutter line and or scaffold. 

It worked for us - there might be something more obvious that someone could use or knock up effectively - we didn't have the time and once it worked it was used regularly.

Pretty confident it was fitted to another made high pressure GF pole so it was heavy but with CF now would be easier to use.

We'd do a section across and down at full height, move across and repeat, collapse the lance a little and repeat till it could be reached from a different selection of lances.

The ones that are lowered down the roof are made by the likes of Mosmatic and if no one else is doing them they can be as expensive as a machine but you still need to be on the roof.

$_86.jpg

Had to source a problem for inaccessible, customer facing supermarket roofs, even after using a MEWP/cherry picker there were still bits we couldn't get to that could be seen from the ground.

A lightweight aluminium golf trolley was used.

The handle was removed down to the top of the bag fitting thingy (not a golfer!), the lance was then run through the length of the remaining cart and a hole drilled out of the base of the bag fitting thingy where the lance was bent at an angle that kept it to the right working height of the turbo nozzle.

In effect a lance on wheels.

From flat roofs on the stores we got on with it, Flat roofs would equate to gutter line and or scaffold. 

It worked for us - there might be something more obvious that someone could use or knock up effectively - we didn't have the time and once it worked it was used regularly.

Pretty confident it was fitted to another made high pressure GF pole so it was heavy but with CF now would be easier to use.

We'd do a section across and down at full height, move across and repeat, collapse the lance a little and repeat till it could be reached from a different selection of lances.

The ones that are lowered down the roof are made by the likes of Mosmatic and if no one else is doing them they can be as expensive as a machine but you still need to be on the roof.

View attachment 22728
I made one from some B&Q wheels i brought which you'd normally find on a ridge ladder hoop

Got some aluminium 25x30 box section. Drilled out and mounted 4 glaber irrigation sprayer nozzles and interconnecting tubing which solved my problem 

Slightly different application 

I made one from some B&Q wheels i brought which you'd normally find on a ridge ladder hoop

Got some aluminium 25x30 box section. Drilled out and mounted 4 glaber irrigation sprayer nozzles and interconnecting tubing which solved my problem 
Slightly different application that one - if you are working from gutter line cleaning a roof, with a pressure washer and turbo nozzle/flat nozzle you need a weight to keep the lance steady and where you need it but I'm originally from Yorkshire, as tight as they come and if it can be made, rather than bought, happy to give it a go.

Anyone saying you shouldn't use a turbo nozzle on a roof because it strips a layer off it - you can if you get the balance of height from the surface with cleaning speed/power.

Back