Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whirlaway rotary surface cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just had a bit of a search out of curiosity:

https://www.industrial-equipment.co.uk/online-tools-store/pressure-washer-nozzle-size.html

If you look at this site then it says for fsc divide flow by 2 to find jet size on their table. So it looks like 15l/min at 250bar gives 2 jets of 02 = 14.6l/min.

Let us know how you get on.
I'm sure that's what it came fitted with 02 as standard ched999uk when i have used the fsc it looks  like a lot of flow but very little action at the business end that's why I was trying to get some information on what is the best set up before I chuck it in the nearest skip ??

I'm sure that's what it came fitted with 02 as standard ched999uk when i have used the fsc it looks  like a lot of flow but very little action at the business end that's why I was trying to get some information on what is the best set up before I chuck it in the nearest skip ??
In a post on previous page you posted an image the seller sent you and it says 025 jets. So the 020 jets are smaller, not by much but it might be worth a try? 

I think the jets usually have the size stamped on them?

I assume you have checked for blockages and that the spindle is greased and spins easily? I take it the bar can spin freely when it's on the casters, i.e. casters are not set too low somehow and the bar jets are hitting ground?

As has been said, split the single nozzle and divide it to get the two outlets.

How is it on a flat nozzle and turbo nozzle - do you feel like it is performing as it did from new, if it's not then it could be pump and a piston.

To check your 15LPM just stick it into a barrel, without a lance on it and see if you get 15. Might be a pain in the rear to  measure this but at least it will eliminate pump issues.

Sorry to jump on this thread but seeing as you are discussing FSC's and nozzles I thought this would be the best place for it.

I'm looking to change the nozzles on my FSC. I have a 200bar pump running at 21lpm would I be best going for 2 x 03 or 035

The difference is about .9 and .8 lpm either side so is the general rule to go for the smaller or larger nozzle when the machine falls between two nozzle sizes.

Thanks in advance.

As has been said, split the single nozzle and divide it to get the two outlets.

How is it on a flat nozzle and turbo nozzle - do you feel like it is performing as it did from new, if it's not then it could be pump and a piston.

To check your 15LPM just stick it into a barrel, without a lance on it and see if you get 15. Might be a pain in the rear to  measure this but at least it will eliminate pump issues.
Yes it's great with the turbo that's why I was thinking the nozzle size what came pre fitted to the fsc was probably to big and not maximising the potential performance from my set up 

But is it!

A turbo nozzle will give you up to 2000 psi more pressure, up to!

So 3000 psi can create 5000 psi.

You can't for certain say you are at full flow and or PSI.

You could be getting 1000 psi through the FSC and when you put a lance on the machine only gain another 1000 - which is below spec but to you feels like a massive improvement.

Change the nozzles in the FSC and go from there.

Sorry to jump on this thread but seeing as you are discussing FSC's and nozzles I thought this would be the best place for it.

I'm looking to change the nozzles on my FSC. I have a 200bar pump running at 21lpm would I be best going for 2 x 03 or 035

The difference is about .9 and .8 lpm either side so is the general rule to go for the smaller or larger nozzle when the machine falls between two nozzle sizes.

Thanks in advance.
Either or.

But is it!

A turbo nozzle will give you up to 2000 psi more pressure, up to!

So 3000 psi can create 5000 psi.

You can't for certain say you are at full flow and or PSI.

You could be getting 1000 psi through the FSC and when you put a lance on the machine only gain another 1000 - which is below spec but to you feels like a massive improvement.

Change the nozzles in the FSC and go from there.

Either or.
A whirlaway does not increase psi.

A turbo nozzle does not increase psi either.

It will be the psi the machine kicks out but in a pencil jet not a wider fan pattern.

Thin turbo nozzles at half the rating is best from experience as it covers a wider area.

Thanks in advance.
Pass on that one I haven’t got a clue , I would ring Ben at Rutland pumps and ask his advice , he’s always very helpful.

You're correct Dave a FSC cannot increase the given bar/pressure of the machine, that is governed by the pump.

A turbo nozzle however can increase the PSI through the kinetic energy driven onto the surface because it is a different methodology.

You're not changing the PSI off the machine but you are onto the surface but not in the way a flat nozzle works. It's different 

The kinetic energy of an object is the energy that it possesses due to its motion.

The spiralling motion of the water flow has a greater PSI because of how it hits the surface.

Turbo nozzles of half the rating are best - no they aren't.

A turbo nozzle needs exactly the same measured nozzle as any other.

On my machine I have 13's for 41 LPM and 065's and or 7's for 25 LPM

Remember that the machine gives out X litres per min. If that goes through a smaller jet then it has to increase the pressure as the same volume of water should flow out in the same time period. OK so there are losses and other factors but water isn't very compressible. If I remember correctly half the orifice twice the pressure. But if the jet is too small the back pressure on the pump is too great, too big a jet then the pressure drops out of the jet. 

So matching the nozzle size to l per min and max pressure is the way to get best performance. 

You're correct Dave a FSC cannot increase the given bar/pressure of the machine, that is governed by the pump.

A turbo nozzle however can increase the PSI through the kinetic energy driven onto the surface because it is a different methodology.

You're not changing the PSI off the machine but you are onto the surface but not in the way a flat nozzle works. It's different 

The kinetic energy of an object is the energy that it possesses due to its motion.

The spiralling motion of the water flow has a greater PSI because of how it hits the surface.

Turbo nozzles of half the rating are best - no they aren't.

A turbo nozzle needs exactly the same measured nozzle as any other.

On my machine I have 13's for 41 LPM and 065's and or 7's for 25 LPM
If you use the correct red pencil jet on a 3000psi machine the most you will get is 3000psi.

Just because that jet is spinning in a ceramic bearing covering more area it is still gonna be the max psi of the machine.

How it hits the surface makes no difference to pressure.

It's called physics which I do understand well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not here to argue with anyone but you think if you use a thin turbo nozzle at half the rating that is the answer.

I also understand fluid dynamics but a petty argument is not helping anyone.

I'll bow out of this one.

All the best to the original poster.

I'm not here to argue with anyone but you think if you use a thin turbo nozzle at half the rating that is the answer.

I also understand fluid dynamics but a petty argument is not helping anyone.

I'll bow out of this one.

All the best to the original poster.
My post should say twin turbo nozzles not thin turbo nozzles lol.

I use double turbos on mine 

He doesn’t state wether it was bought as a package or separate it sounds separate  to me , also as far as Ime aware the only lim output fir Honda gx390 is either 15 or 21 ltr per muinit , not 18 , the 21 ltr is a bit of a mis homer as talking to a couple of suppliers they admit the 390 Honda isn’t man enough to produce enough power to pump 21 ltr per muinit , having had several Honda ones I would agree with that , I now have a Briggs and Stratton v twin that’s rated at 21 ltr per muinit but on full throttle will produce 23 ltr . Honda is nice but the Briggs is a far superior machine , more power, uses far less fuel , and much quieter 
Hi pjj sorry about the late reply just noticed a few replys  on this post I bought these seperate originally  I've being doing 2 full size tennis courts again far to big an area to do with my gun so no choice but to try again with the whirlaway basically the courts are made from a type of asphalt which is in infestested with moss in every little crevice comes out easy with the turbo but not an option it was the same result with the whirlaway hardly touched the moss  my thinking is plenty of water coming out but very slow spinning so that's saying to me the jets are to big hence poor pressue/performance from the whirlaway any advice on the correct size jets would be much appreciated before I chuck it at the wall ?? cheers (gx390 15 lpm)

Hi pjj sorry about the late reply just noticed a few replys  on this post I bought these seperate originally  I've being doing 2 full size tennis courts again far to big an area to do with my gun so no choice but to try again with the whirlaway basically the courts are made from a type of asphalt which is in infestested with moss in every little crevice comes out easy with the turbo but not an option it was the same result with the whirlaway hardly touched the moss  my thinking is plenty of water coming out but very slow spinning so that's saying to me the jets are to big hence poor pressue/performance from the whirlaway any advice on the correct size jets would be much appreciated before I chuck it at the wall ?? cheers (gx390 15 lpm)
I would give Ben at Rutland pumps a ring with your machines details and he will tell you what jets you need , I think a 15 ltr machine is the smallest that you can use a fsc on ?? , I haven’t a clue how you tell sorry ??? but he will sort you out, I agree sounds like the jets are to big , we regularly do tarmac drives with moss I generally do them with moss killer leave them a couple of weeks then pressure wash but make sure you have plenty of overlap due to the course nature of tarmac hit takes a lot of rinsing to get rid of all the soil left in the pits , just be careful how much pressure you use as it’s easy stuff to damage . 

From what I understand if max pressure is say 250Bar 15 lpm then for a fsc 2 jets of 020  as you half the flow rate for each jet. Info here http://www.pressure-washing.co.uk/nozzle-chart.php 

I would give Ben at Rutland pumps a ring with your machines details and he will tell you what jets you need , I think a 15 ltr machine is the smallest that you can use a fsc on ?? , I haven’t a clue how you tell sorry ??? but he will sort you out, I agree sounds like the jets are to big , we regularly do tarmac drives with moss I generally do them with moss killer leave them a couple of weeks then pressure wash but make sure you have plenty of overlap due to the course nature of tarmac hit takes a lot of rinsing to get rid of all the soil left in the pits , just be careful how much pressure you use as it’s easy stuff to damage . 
Thankyou for the reply pjj I'll give him a call I've been in touch with the dealer who I bought it from about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike they was ? ??

Hi ched is these what i would need in the picture cheers View attachment 23468
They look the right nozzle size if your pressure washer is 250 bar 15 lpm. If you have different max pressure then check the chart but remember it's 7.5lpm as you have flow split between nozzles!!!

The other think to double check is the screw thread on your fsc - it's probably 1/4" bsp but double check. 

As for fan width I believe 15-degree nozzles or 25 degree nozzles are ok - I believe it's a bit of a personal thing??? 

First think I would do is see what came fitted as if they are 'bigger' nozzles then that's probably the issue as if not enough pressure/flow is coming out of a nozzle it wont allow the fsc to rotate very well and it will leave 'tiger stripes' . 

Hope that helps?

Let us know how you get on.

Latest Posts

Back