Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whirlaway rotary surface cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They look the right nozzle size if your pressure washer is 250 bar 15 lpm. If you have different max pressure then check the chart but remember it's 7.5lpm as you have flow split between nozzles!!!

The other think to double check is the screw thread on your fsc - it's probably 1/4" bsp but double check. 

As for fan width I believe 15-degree nozzles or 25 degree nozzles are ok - I believe it's a bit of a personal thing??? 

First think I would do is see what came fitted as if they are 'bigger' nozzles then that's probably the issue as if not enough pressure/flow is coming out of a nozzle it wont allow the fsc to rotate very well and it will leave 'tiger stripes' . 

Hope that helps?

Let us know how you get on.
Cheers for the information ched plenty of flow is coming out but very slow rotation so im thinking the jets installed are to big I'll have a look at what came fitted and take it from there thanks again ??I'll let you know if it works like a dream or I chucked it at the nearest wall ?

Cheers for the information ched plenty of flow is coming out but very slow rotation so im thinking the jets installed are to big I'll have a look at what came fitted and take it from there thanks again ??I'll let you know if it works like a dream or I chucked it at the nearest wall ?
Other think to check is that the centre bearings are greased. There is usually a grease nipple on the top. They usually come greased, I guess you can see how easy it is to spin by hand. It should spin easy even without water pushing it round. Lastly check that the nozzles are pointing back wards with ref to direction of travel by about 15 degrees, too much angle and water can't 'push' against ground, too vertical and it will just try and lift fsc up of ground.

Good luck.

Other think to check is that the centre bearings are greased. There is usually a grease nipple on the top. They usually come greased, I guess you can see how easy it is to spin by hand. It should spin easy even without water pushing it round. Lastly check that the nozzles are pointing back wards with ref to direction of travel by about 15 degrees, too much angle and water can't 'push' against ground, too vertical and it will just try and lift fvsc up of ground.

Good luck.
Checked all and everything seems ok it spins effortlessly by hand i just think it needs tweaking to get it right ??

Other think to check is that the centre bearings are greased. There is usually a grease nipple on the top. They usually come greased, I guess you can see how easy it is to spin by hand. It should spin easy even without water pushing it round. Lastly check that the nozzles are pointing back wards with ref to direction of travel by about 15 degrees, too much angle and water can't 'push' against ground, too vertical and it will just try and lift fsc up of ground.

Good luck.
Yes this is very true , quite often the old grease needs to be removed as it goes hard I disolved  mine as it wouldn’t push out it had gone that hard , then re greased it and it was fine .

Yes this is very true , quite often the old grease needs to be removed as it goes hard I disolved  mine as it wouldn’t push out it had gone that hard , then re greased it and it was fine .
I've only used it hand full of times though it spins effortlessly without the water going through ? just watched a video on YouTube mine is spinning at  1/2 of the speed of the one I have just  watched 

I've only used it hand full of times though it spins effortlessly without the water going through ? just watched a video on YouTube mine is spinning at  1/2 of the speed of the one I have just  watched 
The grease goes solid with age , I took out the grease nipple and stuck a WD40 nozzle in the hole and squirted loads of it in there left it  over night then pumped new grease in until it pushed out the old grease , it worked fine then .

Just used my fsc for first time on my concrete drive worked very well defo faster only thing ide say is u gota run it on full throttle it wasn't as powerful as i thault it was guna be ide not even dream of using it on block paving no were near enough power turbo nosel every time for that my machine is 

Lincon 

15lpm

250bar

3600 psi 

Jetted to my machine buy rutland pumps 

Just used my fsc for first time on my concrete drive worked very well defo faster only thing ide say is u gota run it on full throttle it wasn't as powerful as i thault it was guna be ide not even dream of using it on block paving no were near enough power turbo nosel every time for that my machine is 

Lincon 

15lpm

250bar

3600 psi 

Jetted to my machine buy rutland pumps 
21 ltr machine makes all the difference to cleaning speed and quality of clean 

I would like a 350bar PW now if I was cleaning driveways all the time. Have to do a few test patches with hypo and Q-Clear tomorrow and go and price a patio clean. The PW is now firmly fitted into my van and will probably stay there till October. The roof clean yesterday went well and looks like a new roof and the scaffold made all the difference.roof one.jpg 

Back