Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who's on tier 4?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think we're all focusing on the odd ?️end that doesn't wear a mask, or goes to a protest, or doesn't believe its real. I just think everyone is behaving normally in large parts of the country, businesses are open, people are going out when they feel like. With regards to martial law, I think they've left it too late to put any extra controls. In France and Italy, when they lock down, you need to carry a piece of paper to leave your house saying when you left and why you're leaving. The only people really being affected are the 'non-essential shops' and the licensed trade. I also think it's quite clear that infection is being spread in schools and universities, not down the pub. I understand closing nightclubs and maybe bars with dance floors, but walking into a pub wearing a mask, sitting in a booth with your mate and going home surely cant be as bad as how close kids get, or uni students having parties and sh@gging each other ?‍♂️

I know Leicester has been in lockdown for Months and infection rates  are still high.........so why are most in the city not dead?. And surely all those tested positive all over the country are now immune as they have had it?
They reckon, but don't know,  the antibodies generated in the body to fight the virus only last 3 to 6 months. Therefore anyone that had the virus in March, Apr and May are now susceptible again.

Now I'm no scientist but this must mean the vaccine will only last as long. We will therefore need to have it up to 4 times a year. The cost of this is frightening.

They reckon, but don't know,  the antibodies generated in the body to fight the virus only last 3 to 6 months. Therefore anyone that had the virus in March, Apr and May are now susceptible again.

Now I'm no scientist but this must mean the vaccine will only last as long. We will therefore need to have it up to 4 times a year. The cost of this is frightening.
Every time the virus enters a human and goes on to another human it changes slightly. They call it mutating into a different strain. After reading "The Great Influenza" by John Barry the world is fairly lucky with this strain because its not the same as 1918 strain. If it was or mutates to that strain then we could be looking at 400 million deaths. The virus usually lasts 3 years and then it disappears so history tells us. I'm not sure if this new strain is worse or a mild form of the March virus. ? 

I can’t see next year being a lot different to this year. Shame.

Whenever this is all over, I hope the then prime minister gives the whole country a 5 day (Friday-Tuesday) bank holiday. Double pay to those who have to work over the bank holiday, and 80% to those who take it off. Then we have a 5 day party ? ?

What am I saying lol, more like tax & utilities to go up and more social unrest haha

Whenever this is all over, I hope the then prime minister gives the whole country a 5 day (Friday-Tuesday) bank holiday. Double pay to those who have to work over the bank holiday, and 80% to those who take it off. Then we have a 5 day party ? ?

What am I saying lol, more like tax & utilities to go up and more social unrest haha
? Never going to happen. 

I think the real key workers, NHS and care workers should be awarded a financial payment, my wife gets 5 weeks holiday a year as of now she still has 4 weeks holidays to take and no sign of her or others been able to take them in the foreseeable future. 

There are way too many people doing exactly as they wish with no regard for the rules. I have spoken to relatives and most are just making excuses why they are breaking the rules. One who is a plumber says it's fine to visit relatives as if he gets asked he will say he is looking at the boiler!! Another who has a friend who is a taxi driver so that's ok to see him as he has passengers in the cab anyway....

I live opposite a school and the pupils times are staggered so half an hour between each half arriving and departing. Then the teachers gather in non socially distance groups 'supervising' the pupils exit and chatting away, no masks!!! 

They should have made wearing masks outdoors compulsory in tier 4, unless medical exemption. That way it's obvious who is breaking the rules. 

Somehow too many people just think 'I'm OK so I will be fine' and it's up to everyone else to protect themselves!!!

While the Gov, IMHO are acting way too slowly they are trying to balance things. Just look at the rest of Europe, they are all having rising figures, none of them have a handle on things.

Sorry rant over ? 

Absolutely gutted. I love Christmas over my local. We all pile over there Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and I where my Brussel sprout suit.

Not into drinking indoors, find it boring. Much prefer the social aspect of pubs.

Got customers who chirp up with ‘oh they shouldn’t of re opened the pubs’.

These are always the boring gits who never use their local, so have nothing to lose if it did shut.

Cannot wait for the jabs and normality. I’m going to make George Best and Oliver Reed look like saints ?

Well I'm currently still in Tier 2 but work in Tier 4. I'm currently sat at home waiting for results of a covid test... day one of isolation and i'm climbing the walls!! I'm praying for a negative test and to be able to get back to work! 

Absolutely gutted. I love Christmas over my local. We all pile over there Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and I where my Brussel sprout suit.

Not into drinking indoors, find it boring. Much prefer the social aspect of pubs.

Got customers who chirp up with ‘oh they shouldn’t of re opened the pubs’.

These are always the boring gits who never use their local, so have nothing to lose if it did shut.

Cannot wait for the jabs and normality. I’m going to make George Best and Oliver Reed look like saints ?
Yeah you did cross my mind when the announcement came out last night.! Tbh I’m not even enjoying tier 2, so you’re not missing out on much. 

We Should do a big forum meet up one day. Then we can find out why they call you: two lager Steve ?

You'll have to go some, Oliver Reed was a legend, well known (and loved) in the local pubs, especially the Jamaica Inn, well known to plod as well. ? I met him once, it was the morning after and he definitely hadn't spent the night at home.

The Country is living off borrowed money now, wait till the furlough ends ( and why do you think they kept extending it) The Country will be revolting then about the way this Government has mishandled it from after the first "wave".

? Never going to happen. 

I think the real key workers, NHS and care workers should be awarded a financial payment, my wife gets 5 weeks holiday a year as of now she still has 4 weeks holidays to take and no sign of her or others been able to take them in the foreseeable future. 
And the NHS will be sold off because of this....the big businesses will have got their way.

There are way too many people doing exactly as they wish with no regard for the rules. I have spoken to relatives and most are just making excuses why they are breaking the rules. One who is a plumber says it's fine to visit relatives as if he gets asked he will say he is looking at the boiler!! Another who has a friend who is a taxi driver so that's ok to see him as he has passengers in the cab anyway....

I live opposite a school and the pupils times are staggered so half an hour between each half arriving and departing. Then the teachers gather in non socially distance groups 'supervising' the pupils exit and chatting away, no masks!!! 

They should have made wearing masks outdoors compulsory in tier 4, unless medical exemption. That way it's obvious who is breaking the rules. 

Somehow too many people just think 'I'm OK so I will be fine' and it's up to everyone else to protect themselves!!!

While the Gov, IMHO are acting way too slowly they are trying to balance things. Just look at the rest of Europe, they are all having rising figures, none of them have a handle on things.

Sorry rant over ? 
We as a human race need social interaction ,touch, friendship ,love and freedom. Being denied or having these curtailed is not living with any quality of life.And are millions were dying from this pandemic in this Country......No.

Yup, tier 4 here in Kent and it's still the same as last lockdown. Traffic everywhere, shops (that are open) mega busy but still picking up lots of new customers.

Have 3 to look at, at some point today. Wonder if they'll ask if I can do it before Xmas? ?

on Monday we noticed two of those big overhead illuminated motorway signs were bent right over near us -apparently a guy with a tractor had tugged them over cos they Had said "border with France is closed ,go home and stay there"  seems that got his back up lol 
It's funny really, we've all spent hundreds of years trying to keep the French out. ??⛔?

Latest Posts

Back