Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who's on tier 4?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's funny really, we've all spent hundreds of years trying to keep the French out. ??⛔?
The funny think is I bet 80% of the people wanting to travel to France are non UK people. So in reality Macron is hurting his 'friends' in the EU. Evan when the EU told him to open up boarder still took him over 24hrs to setup conditions! So just reiterates how 'good' France are at sticking to rules.

Did you see some of the truckers food stash? Lots of food, I am sure I read the other day that taking dairy and meat products into EU after 1st Jan was banned!!! Hopefully we will reciprocate. 

One the one hand I hope we don't get a deal but I do feel for all the businesses that will lose out. 

New tier announcements, sorry for those who have been put up to 4 today, we’ve stayed at 2 in Bournemouth, but the new forest (Hampshire) but only 20 minutes from me is now in 3. I think alot of the country will be 3 or 4 by mid January. 

New tier announcements, sorry for those who have been put up to 4 today, we’ve stayed at 2 in Bournemouth, but the new forest (Hampshire) but only 20 minutes from me is now in 3. I think alot of the country will be 3 or 4 by mid January. 
Tier 3 takes about 8 weeks to get numbers down. With the newly identified strain I think you are right everyone will be moving to 3 or 4. 

They say the infection rate is 70% higher than the original so why don't they enforce masks in tier 4 for going outside your home? Seems most sensible and simple to me?

Tier 3 takes about 8 weeks to get numbers down. With the newly identified strain I think you are right everyone will be moving to 3 or 4. 

They say the infection rate is 70% higher than the original so why don't they enforce masks in tier 4 for going outside your home? Seems most sensible and simple to me?
Agreed.

Is there a difference?

Can't remember what rules each tier are. Been stuck indoors since March.

Only been out 3 times and that was to dog groomers - don't ask!
Yes we will not be allowed to have anyone come into the house after Christmas Day , I know it’s difficult to keep up with all the changes ??? my wife is having to work very late tonight cancelling peoples holidays with all the changes things have totally changed for most people ???

You’re stuffed!!! 
Na tbh I think (guess) 70% of the country will get to tier 4, and the rest tier 3 with the odd tier 2 by mid/end January. 
We have 60 infections per 100,000 population so that’s still very low , but I think stricter rules are needed trouble is to many are blatantly ignoring the advice and the legal restrictions with I will do what I want attitude that’s why we are in the situation we are as a country 

I’m now in tier 4. Might be easier to close for a month and claim the third grant?  Thoughts?
Not sure that's quite how it works. I don't think you can decide to close and claim the 3rd grant. I think you have to be able to prove that your income has reduced 'significantly' due to covid - not due to your personal decision.

Do a bit of googling and find .gov site with rules for 3rd grant. That should make rules clearer as I may have things wrong.

Not sure that's quite how it works. I don't think you can decide to close and claim the 3rd grant. I think you have to be able to prove that your income has reduced 'significantly' due to covid - not due to your personal decision.

Do a bit of googling and find .gov site with rules for 3rd grant. That should make rules clearer as I may have things wrong.
I think you are right to a certain degree. However I do clean quite a few shops. And half of them are non essential. And a pub that’s still closed. 

Is that grounds to claim? 
We don’t qualify for the grants so I haven’t bothered to really look into it , but if you read the .gov site it says there has to be a reduced demand and you should be trying to gain more work to replace what’s lost , it’s wirth a read if you might be able to claim , there is apparently a webinar that you can go on and that will explain it in more detail a mate of mine was talking about that a week or so ago .

We don’t qualify for the grants so I haven’t bothered to really look into it , but if you read the .gov site it says there has to be a reduced demand and you should be trying to gain more work to replace what’s lost , it’s wirth a read if you might be able to claim , there is apparently a webinar that you can go on and that will explain it in more detail a mate of mine was talking about that a week or so ago .
Ok. Thanks mate. Will have a read 

Just read that NatWest have decided not to allow self employed who claimed any of the grants to have their income accepted for mortgages or remortgages !!!!!

We have 60 infections per 100,000 population so that’s still very low , but I think stricter rules are needed trouble is to many are blatantly ignoring the advice and the legal restrictions with I will do what I want attitude that’s why we are in the situation we are as a country 
You cannot isolate people indefinatley!!!. The lockdowns do not work.

Latest Posts

Back