Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who's on tier 4?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Why we can work perfectly safely we rarely see a customer, and if we do then we are outside and more than 2 meters away from them anyway , there’s no issues there .
Less people out the better. If we’re out it increases the risk. It’s higher than if we stay at home. Still have to go buy fuel for the van etc. We need a proper lockdown 

Would you be saying that if you had a big mortgage and young kids to feed?
I have got a mortgage and bills to pay. Also got a little bit saved for a rainy day 

Less people out the better. If we’re out it increases the risk. It’s higher than if we stay at home. Still have to go buy fuel for the van etc. We need a proper lockdown 

I have got a mortgage and bills to pay. Also got a little bit saved for a rainy day 
I hear what you are saying but we cannot permanently stay in doors this could go on for years evan with the vaccines they don’t know how long they will provide immunity for  it might have to be had each year , provided ones keep there distance and don’t go inside houses etc and wash hands the risk is far less , trouble is the vast majority cannot seam to grasp or follow basic instructions that’s why we are in the situation we are in . We have had no end of issues down hear with holiday makers refusing to abide by the rules , going into shops refusing to wear masks etc , I would personally give them heavy fines and take away there homes maybe then they would act a bit more responsible. 

My kids had to self-isolate for two weeks before Christmas as someone in their bubble in school was confirmed with covid.  Now they have announced schools are closed until at least 18 January!

As a single parent, this business is preventing me from growing my customer base because I'm having to home school my kids when they are in my care, which is shared 50/50 with my ex.

Would you be saying that if you had a big mortgage and young kids to feed?
That's exactly the position I was in at the beginning of March when we locked down properly, everything was shut down except the most essential, health, food shops, petrol stations etc, a lot of office workers found themselves working from home. I was very unhappy for about three days when I realised it was out of my control so not worth fretting about. Six weeks later people like us were allowed to go back to work but the majority still weren't.

By the end of May we were well clear of the virus and life in the Island was back to normal, including the pubs!

People coming into the Island have to self isolate for fourteen days, twenty one if they refuse to take a test. Some people arriving have had the virus but because they were in isolation it has not (fingers firmly crossed) spread into the community.

Tackled properly it can be beaten but half baked lockdowns that go on and on and on just wreck the economy.

It's a war , but not one you fight with guns.

That's exactly the position I was in at the beginning of March when we locked down properly, everything was shut down except the most essential, health, food shops, petrol stations etc, a lot of office workers found themselves working from home. I was very unhappy for about three days when I realised it was out of my control so not worth fretting about. Six weeks later people like us were allowed to go back to work but the majority still weren't.

By the end of May we were well clear of the virus and life in the Island was back to normal, including the pubs!

People coming into the Island have to self isolate for fourteen days, twenty one if they refuse to take a test. Some people arriving have had the virus but because they were in isolation it has not (fingers firmly crossed) spread into the community.

Tackled properly it can be beaten but half baked lockdowns that go on and on and on just wreck the economy.

It's a war , but not one you fight with guns.
I'm glad your island of circa 60,000 people has stayed safe. A customer of mine went to see her first grandchild and did the self isolation and was also at a big street party, turning the Christmas lights on! However keeping a very small island Covid free is a damn site easier then keeping a country that probably has 30 cities with a bigger population and a total population a 1000 times higher.

What we should have done was imposed significant, means tested, fines on those caught breaking the rules. This chance has long gone and you can see the countries around the world whose citizens have ignored the rules.

Blaming the government, with hindsight, is very easy.

Latest Posts

Back