Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who's on tier 4?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tier 4 now, could make it tier 20 as the idiots that don't follow common sense won't change their ways.
Totally agree with you, I bet there will be plenty of house parties tomorrow night with mixed households. Those lovely people you see in the shops with their nose poking out of their face masks because they think the virus only goes in the mouth 

I'm glad your island of circa 60,000 people has stayed safe. A customer of mine went to see her first grandchild and did the self isolation and was also at a big street party, turning the Christmas lights on! However keeping a very small island Covid free is a damn site easier then keeping a country that probably has 30 cities with a bigger population and a total population a 1000 times higher.

What we should have done was imposed significant, means tested, fines on those caught breaking the rules. This chance has long gone and you can see the countries around the world whose citizens have ignored the rules.

Blaming the government, with hindsight, is very easy.
Clear leadership and a willingness from the population are key factors, we have had that at a level that you have not.

Hopefully these vaccines are the key to getting the World sorted out and Boris even got a Brexit deal done, 2021 might turn out alright.

Clear leadership and a willingness from the population are key factors, we have had that at a level that you have not.

Hopefully these vaccines are the key to getting the World sorted out and Boris even got a Brexit deal done, 2021 might turn out alright.
And the crime level in Guernsey? We, unfortunately, live in a much different society then you do.

Gonna be doing elderflower gin next in spring.

Only takes a few days to make that and then gooseberry gin end of summer.
Wife likes Rhubarb and Ginger Gin if you're feeling adventurous.

My next door neighbours who are late 70s and the husband has copd and asthma yet still stands in the garden smoking saw me on the driveway yesterday.. told me they had gone to daughters house xmas eve until yesterday as they weren't going to miss Christmas. 

The daughter has kids etc and had other siblings there also for Christmas. 

Yet it seems to be just the youngsters who are getting the blame.

My son is 20 tomorrow and his missus was 22 3 days ago yet they've not seen each other since before Christmas as her brother is vulnerable and if she stayed here for xmas she wouldn't then be able to see her own family.

Winds me up when other idiots who should know better take the ****.

And the crime level in Guernsey? We, unfortunately, live in a much different society then you do.

Wife likes Rhubarb and Ginger Gin if you're feeling adventurous.
Was thinking of doing some rhubarb but have none on the allotment. 

Will have to ask a mate on there to force some of his for me for an early batch.

Usually I make wines from fruit but got the gin bug this year.

Been making chilli,garlic and rosemary oil today.

I just enjoy making stuff.

Chillis are home grown and dried and the rosemary is home grown also. 

20201230_221757.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you make alcohol out of cherries? We have a cherry tree in the garden but never know what to do with them. Be good if I could make something nice to drink???

Can you make alcohol out of cherries? We have a cherry tree in the garden but never know what to do with them. Be good if I could make something nice to drink???
You can make wine from any fruit with sugar in.

Gin infused with cherries is nice.

Sour cherries need more sugar but taste nicer.

Would only take a couple of weeks.

Just don't smash them up as the stones contain cyanide same as sloes do.

Just pr1ck the skins and use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear what you are saying but we cannot permanently stay in doors this could go on for years evan with the vaccines they don’t know how long they will provide immunity for  it might have to be had each year , provided ones keep there distance and don’t go inside houses etc and wash hands the risk is far less , trouble is the vast majority cannot seam to grasp or follow basic instructions that’s why we are in the situation we are in . We have had no end of issues down hear with holiday makers refusing to abide by the rules , going into shops refusing to wear masks etc , I would personally give them heavy fines and take away there homes maybe then they would act a bit more responsible. 
And why not make those that disobey the Leader wear stars like the Nazis did to the Jews in Germany in the 30s and war years.

Totally agree with you, I bet there will be plenty of house parties tomorrow night with mixed households. Those lovely people you see in the shops with their nose poking out of their face masks because they think the virus only goes in the mouth 
Also the ones who walk up the street with a mask on there chin, then will pull it up when they go in one shop then down again so if they have the virus they breathing it all over the outside of the mask both lots if they have the virus are breathing it out into the atmosphere.|

The Gov should have brought in much stricter mandatory rules for small stores and supermarkets to limit numbers in shops and also made it law to wear a mask as they have in Scotland including the staff who are the worst offenders, Face coverings need to be dropped for masks, too many wearing thin cotton neck warmers that they most likely wear most days without washing.

You make a good point, we do have crime but not the same.
Bergerac solved most of it

My kids had to self-isolate for two weeks before Christmas as someone in their bubble in school was confirmed with covid.  Now they have announced schools are closed until at least 18 January!

As a single parent, this business is preventing me from growing my customer base because I'm having to home school my kids when they are in my care, which is shared 50/50 with my ex.
For the vast,vast majority who get infected, they will not know they have had it and if they get it bad it will be like getting the flu. It is not as deadly as the mainstream media would like to make out. We all on here have a customer base. Have any of us had 5 or 10 or perhaps 50% of our customers die from this?.

For the vast,vast majority who get infected, they will not know they have had it and if they get it bad it will be like getting the flu. It is not as deadly as the mainstream media would like to make out. We all on here have a customer base. Have any of us had 5 or 10 or perhaps 50% of our customers die from this?.
It's not just about that, do you really want people to die from it who you know to make it valid or to get long covid again also not just about that, if you spend 1 day in a care home like where my wife works where they are understaffed and working tirelessly seeing people depressed because they are confined to their flats for weeks to months I am sure the reality in the NHS is much worse with people dying and having too see and experience that, people that don't see the real effect on family who work in care settings have absolutely no clue what wider impact is. 

It's not just about that, do you really want people to die from it who you know to make it valid or to get long covid again also not just about that, if you spend 1 day in a care home like where my wife works where they are understaffed and working tirelessly seeing people depressed because they are confined to their flats for weeks to months I am sure the reality in the NHS is much worse with people dying and having too see and experience that, people that don't see the real effect on family who work in care settings have absolutely no clue what wider impact is. 
I do not want people to die of the Flu either.....but they DO, every year the NHS is under strain due to  respitory illnesses. This understaffing is due to poor investment in the NHS for years....and from the first shutdown the Government did nothing to improve that...what good did the Nightingales do...they were not used!. Our job is not to protect the NHS, it is there for when we need it.

And why not make those that disobey the Leader wear stars like the Nazis did to the Jews in Germany in the 30s and war years.
Spain, and therefore others will follow, are going to inform other countries which of their citizens have refused the vaccine, now that is disgraceful. Basically they are branding people that don't follow instruction the same as dangerous criminals. I'm no fan of the likes of Liberty but I'd hope this is challenged in Court.

True fact regarding me, so far:

I don’t know anyone who’s died from It, nor know of anyone who knows anyone who’s died of it. 

True fact regarding me, so far:

I don’t know anyone who’s died from It, nor know of anyone who knows anyone who’s died of it. 
But I guess that’s not the point.
I wonder what the government would do differently if they had a time machine and went back to say, March the 1st.?

Latest Posts

Back