Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wind up reel doing me nut ? in fellas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

the purefreedom ones should be bloody good at £945 for the hot water stainless version delivered...not being funny thats ALOT more than the power up3d, whether i have the money or not, i couldnt justify paying that much for that reel sorry
I understand what you are saying and I felt the same didn’t want to pay  that kind of money although I could afford to mine cost best part of 2k and I cringe when I think about it , but it’s just money and a legitimate business expense I wish I had gone electric reels earlier to be honest , if you want a 3D brand new never been out the box PM me I have a couple in the garage that I could do with getting rid of as taking up valuable space  .

So they've been alright since they were fixed, and how long did you wait for it ?
With all his other jobs I doubt they get that much use ????

So they've been alright since they were fixed, and how long did you wait for it ?
Waited 6 months but Received SS reels instead of metal, upgraded brass elbows, remote control upgraded motors inside reels and a few bits and pieces. I understood they were going through a tough patch so I never complained and they came good in the end. Best £10k I have ever spent and its a money making machine. Out for a few hours today with my 35 foot pole and came back with a ton, don't know any other job quite like it, bar a lawyer. ?

Waited 6 months but Received SS reels instead of metal, upgraded brass elbows, remote control upgraded motors inside reels and a few bits and pieces. I understood they were going through a tough patch so I never complained and they came good in the end. Best £10k I have ever spent and its a money making machine. Out for a few hours today with my 35 foot pole and came back with a ton, don't know any other job quite like it, bar a lawyer. ?
I couldn’t wait 6 months and don’t know anyone who would either , we run a very busy business not a hobby , that’s totally unacceptable in my book . 

I understand what you are saying and I felt the same didn’t want to pay  that kind of money although I could afford to mine cost best part of 2k and I cringe when I think about it , but it’s just money and a legitimate business expense I wish I had gone electric reels earlier to be honest , if you want a 3D brand new never been out the box PM me I have a couple in the garage that I could do with getting rid of as taking up valuable space  .

With all his other jobs I doubt they get that much use ????
I've just look at the price of my reels now, over a grand each. Just got them at the right time. ?

I couldn’t wait 6 months and don’t know anyone who would either , we run a very busy business not a hobby , that’s totally unacceptable in my book . 
It worked out well for me but I understand what you are saying. Looking at today's prices and they seem to keep going up. Think everyone will be looking at raising prices by a pound or two from April.

I really smile reading these. I’m into fitness and work out every night after work. 
I see reeling in as part of my daily fitness regime. The absolute best advice I can give is to completely focus on the breath (long & deep rhythmic breaths) as you reel in, and see how much less knackered you feel afterwards. Sometimes I feel no different to when started reeling in till when I’m done. 
I even acquired an electric reel that’s been sitting in my garage for 2 years now. I really don’t feel the need for it. 
if you’re anywhere near London I’d be happy to sell it. It’s a Waterworks one. 

I really smile reading these. I’m into fitness and work out every night after work. 
I see reeling in as part of my daily fitness regime. The absolute best advice I can give is to completely focus on the breath (long & deep rhythmic breaths) as you reel in, and see how much less knackered you feel afterwards. Sometimes I feel no different to when started reeling in till when I’m done. 
I even acquired an electric reel that’s been sitting in my garage for 2 years now. I really don’t feel the need for it. 
Exercise is good but reeling in with the same motion numerous times a day 5 days a week risks getting an RSI injury my arms are a lot better since we went over to electric reels all my guys have commented the same . 

You won't be saying that when you reach 50 with 29 years of window cleaning behind you!?

Electric reels are ace.....I wouldn't be without one now...

If lifting the reel in and out the van and bending over reeling, then yes it’s a pain.

However my reels are bolted chest high on my tank and go through well oiled grippa rollers.

Certain inexperienced people  saying electric reels save time, not in my scenario they wouldn’t. I showed an interest in them and watched many  u tube videos of most of the electric reels in action. After watching them and knowing how quickly I can reel in 100 metres of microbore, they are definitely not quicker than my set up.

Just giving my two pennies worth ?

Is it a good idea to drill and fasten an electric reel onto the top of your tank? I have a basic 500L tank and currently lifting in and out of the van each time, my manual one. Looking to upgrade in the future but as I'm exterior cleaning I don't have tons of extra space. 

If lifting the reel in and out the van and bending over reeling, then yes it’s a pain.

However my reels are bolted chest high on my tank and go through well oiled grippa rollers.

Certain inexperienced people  saying electric reels save time, not in my scenario they wouldn’t. I showed an interest in them and watched many  u tube videos of most of the electric reels in action. After watching them and knowing how quickly I can reel in 100 metres of microbore, they are definitely not quicker than my set up.

Just giving my two pennies worth ?
We don't have any issues with manual reels either. Fast free running well set up clover reels, lightly tethered. We work one from the left side door (top of tank) one from the back doors. Doors open while we work, so no need for us to have rollers. Most of our work is kept on the left as it suits us.

No mains charging, no bulky, heavy expensive electric reels, no electrical problems, no chains failing. No waiting for parts. No third party needed for repairs. No repairs ever needed.

Each to their own of course.

Exercise is good but reeling in with the same motion numerous times a day 5 days a week risks getting an RSI injury my arms are a lot better since we went over to electric reels all my guys have commented the same . 
Gotta be honest I totally agree, working out is fine but but worn joints aren't, besides your gonna end up like a one sided popeye ???

Is it a good idea to drill and fasten an electric reel onto the top of your tank? I have a basic 500L tank and currently lifting in and out of the van each time, my manual one. Looking to upgrade in the future but as I'm exterior cleaning I don't have tons of extra space. 
Know the feeling, with my 650l tank. In hindsight I would have went with a 350l tank to give me more room. It would only take a few hours to fill it and I could do it at lunchtime each day.

Latest Posts

Back