Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wind up reel doing me nut ? in fellas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Who remembers these cheap and nasty wind powered ornaments from the late 80's? 

The 2022 design revival 

Windy wind winder 

View attachment 26297
I remember them we used to have one in garden in the 80s I thought they were brilliant when wind got on them ? 

Got me a electric reel thanks to a good man on here for sorting me out power up reel ???

If lifting the reel in and out the van and bending over reeling, then yes it’s a pain.

However my reels are bolted chest high on my tank and go through well oiled grippa rollers.

Certain inexperienced people  saying electric reels save time, not in my scenario they wouldn’t. I showed an interest in them and watched many  u tube videos of most of the electric reels in action. After watching them and knowing how quickly I can reel in 100 metres of microbore, they are definitely not quicker than my set up.

Just giving my two pennies worth ?
I’ve always liked your set up, next van I’m looking to do similar. No matter what side of the road what way your facing open either door way to go! 

ELECTRIC REEL ALL THE WAY GUYS 

pjj sorted me a 3d power up got it set up and used it for the first time yesterday and believe me it’s an absolute game changer it reel neatly from side to side and it’s shaved around 25 minutes of my round with messing around with kincks and tangled up pipe wouldn’t be without out one so fortunate to have have one 4 months in to my business with everything set up now and a fully set window cleaning business with a 112 customers looking at my spreadsheet there’s massive holes to fill in days of the month it’s getting a doddle now plus won’t be going back to the factory too no more 12 hours shifts or weekends or nights and I’m £200 short of my take home of £1600 from it to all this done in the winter months believe in urself take a deep breath and go for it ?

C542C35F-C966-4067-BB5D-D90B062F16BC.jpeg

ELECTRIC REEL ALL THE WAY GUYS 

pjj sorted me a 3d power up got it set up and used it for the first time yesterday and believe me it’s an absolute game changer it reel neatly from side to side and it’s shaved around 25 minutes of my round with messing around with kincks and tangled up pipe wouldn’t be without out one so fortunate to have have one 4 months in to my business with everything set up now and a fully set window cleaning business with a 112 customers looking at my spreadsheet there’s massive holes to fill in days of the month it’s getting a doddle now plus won’t be going back to the factory too no more 12 hours shifts or weekends or nights and I’m £200 short of my take home of £1600 from it to all this done in the winter months believe in urself take a deep breath and go for it ?

View attachment 26321
Advertising helps enormously when starting up. I have picked up 2 customers near me because they seen my advert in local council book that goes through all the houses in their area. In the end I'm letting work come to me and should have done it when I began. I'm even getting inquires for roof cleaning and its only January. This means I'll be busy March April time if its picking up now. I think I'm getting a new customer ever week now aswell as rejecting some due to location.

Advertising helps enormously when starting up. I have picked up 2 customers near me because they seen my advert in local council book that goes through all the houses in their area. In the end I'm letting work come to me and should have done it when I began. I'm even getting inquires for roof cleaning and its only January. This means I'll be busy March April time if its picking up now. I think I'm getting a new customer ever week now aswell as rejecting some due to location.
The thread is about reels, not you 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back