Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working Hours

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wake at 5.30 auto pilot.   Walk the dog. Cup of tea.  Update all BACS and Paypal clients.  Synch work sheets. Fill van. On road for 8am home no later than 4pm. 

Monday to Friday.  This month I have taken back my weekends and will not be surrendering them again. 

I wake at 5.30 auto pilot.   Walk the dog. Cup of tea.  Update all BACS and Paypal clients.  Synch work sheets. Fill van. On road for 8am home no later than 4pm. 

Monday to Friday.  This month I have taken back my weekends and will not be surrendering them again. 
If only all of us could function like that. But that's what it must be like to have a full run so I need to prepare for it. None of this starting 10-11am and early finish, I'll never get far.

I was at my first job at 7.30 this morning

Rare for me but had a load of flats to do and i do them 50/50 with @Adams0211 who likes to start early

7 big blocks done by 12 (didn't actually do any work until 8 though lol)

I work a min of 6 hours give or take inc 20 mins for lunch. All trad & will work in rain if it's not heavy.  Start usually by 8:30 or 9, finished by 3pm (an hour at home til 4 just updating work sheet, getting back to customers & following up on debts etc).  I find I can maintain a fairly good consistent speed all week like that.  Have previously tried longer days but would find that one day I'd be really quick then next day slow so find this pattern works best for me.  Avoid weekends at all costs!

Last edited by a moderator:
 start at the first house for 7-7.30     then in winter first light        

workin long these days as doing alot of one offs   but £££  shows

9am start work till 4. 7am start on shops on a Friday but finish anytime from 2pm. Never work weekends they are for family. Worked retail every weekend for 15 years so just not doing it.

Dont work in the rain found to many customers say just leave it this time. 

Back