Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would you like a cup of tea?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I seldom eat at work and never take a hot drink, I work right through without a break and get home/ or do what I want ASAP but that may change when I slow down or take someone on. I get into a rhythm and find if I break it the day seams longer. 
I find the opposite is true. Jake and I have a little breather at 11 and another around half 1. Finds it breaks the day up nicely.

All this ‘oh I’m so busy I don’t have time for breaks’ from some members baffles me.

We enjoy our day and don’t rush around like blue ar5e flies even though we have more work than necessary. Sod em, they can wait 

I find the opposite is true. Jake and I have a little breather at 11 and another around half 1. Finds it breaks the day up nicely.

All this ‘oh I’m so busy I don’t have time for breaks’ from some members baffles me.

We enjoy our day and don’t rush around like blue ar5e flies even though we have more work than necessary. Sod em, they can wait 
11am is that pop master time? , I like my breaks as well, I'm spoilt by my wife with with a decent bate of homemade soup/broths and cake, it's good to chill for a while 

Between your 11am/ 1:30pm breaks two holidays abroad in January, Football trips and nights out on the lash not forgetting the two- tone ska gigs I’m starting to wonder if I’m doing it all wrong ? my New Years resolution, be more Garwood!

11am is that pop master time? , I like my breaks as well, I'm spoilt by my wife with with a decent bate of homemade soup/broths and cake, it's good to chill for a while 
Love my pop master too!

Life's for living ? I always try and have a break when I'm near a Greggs. Last month I bought their Christmas soup £2 and it was the best soup I had had in ages. My 2yrs of working round the clock is over now as I have all the equipment I need. I'm focusing on high paid work and looking at getting into commercial after meeting a softwash guy cleaning units.

Between your 11am/ 1:30pm breaks two holidays abroad in January, Football trips and nights out on the lash not forgetting the two- tone ska gigs I’m starting to wonder if I’m doing it all wrong ? my New Years resolution, be more Garwood!

Love my pop master too!
Life isn’t a rehearsal mate, live it to the full!! 
Last day in Tenerife today ?,

back with the lads in three weeks ?.

Pop master is at half ten. Every day I say to my worker that I’ll apply to go on it as I know my music. I then bottle it ???‍?

Life isn’t a rehearsal mate, live it to the full!! 
Last day in Tenerife today ?,

back with the lads in three weeks ?.

Pop master is at half ten. Every day I say to my worker that I’ll apply to go on it as I know my music. I then bottle it ???‍?
My music knowledge isn’t that good but my day is spoilt if I miss pop master.

three weeks until your next holiday? No wonder you have two breaks a day how will you cope that long without a sun lounger? ?

you cant turn that down!anyone who does is a miserable git!i get my fair share of coffee and a few biscuits,it helps break the day up and gives me a much needed boost esp during a cold wet winters day....some customers are just great!?

I take my flask and sandwiches with me and usually have a  break at 10.30 for Popmaster and then about 1oclock for my dinner plus various "brewstops" along the way. I'm more of a marathon runner than a sprinter these days.

“Everyone’s entitled to a cup of tea Rodney. It’s in the Magna Carta or something.” - Grandad off only fools and horses. And that’s my motto aswell. I rarely turn down hot drinks cos they take literally 2-3 minutes to drink if you allow them to cool a bit while you’re working, and also if you turn a drink down they often don’t offer you one again. Exceptions being. 1 if you know their coffee is Rank. 2 if you are on your last job of the day.  3 if you just had one at the house before ( which rarely happens ) 4 if they expect you to come in and sit down and chat to them while you are drinking it or 5 if you’ve been there half an hour and they come out when you’re finishing and offer you a cuppa.   Interestingly I used to get a coffee and cake or biscuits off one woman. For years she came out with a tray on with my coffee, cake & cash. She didn’t even ask, just brought it automatically. Recently put prices up for the first time in years (by £1) and she grumbled about it and stopped offering me the cuppa. Felt like dumping her. 

Interestingly I used to get a coffee and cake or biscuits off one woman. For years she came out with a tray on with my coffee, cake & cash. She didn’t even ask, just brought it automatically. Recently put prices up for the first time in years (by £1) and she grumbled about it and stopped offering me the cuppa. Felt like dumping her. 
Were doing a price rise in march, the business hasn't done a price rise in 10 years so its over due, and we expect things like this to happen haha. Quite frankly we need to loose some people off some of the rounds so it might do us a favour 

I always accept a brew on a first clean and normally have a chat to try and build some rapport with the customer but apart from that I rarely stop to have any breaks as I find it hard to get going again. 

Plus these days if I have more than three coffees I'm constantly in the back of the van peeing into my Lenor bottle 

Were doing a price rise in march, the business hasn't done a price rise in 10 years so its over due, and we expect things like this to happen haha. Quite frankly we need to loose some people off some of the rounds so it might do us a favour 
Honestly mate. Those that don’t accept a modest price rise ain’t worth keeping. I had a modest price hike last spring lost £47 a month worth of work but I’m better off and I now don’t have to do their windows. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back