Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

xtreme sill brush - Gardiners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I know...I shouldn't really as I already have a 14" hybrid extreme, a 10" hybrid extreme, a 10" stiff extreme, a 10" DIY extreme with unger boars hair in it and a new taper tec extreme.

I have the tucker dual trim and the boars hair which I'll try not to use unless needed, and a Gardiner ultimate flocked for lead. I did have a couple of X-Line flocked but the bristles are just too long and bouncy over lead. So all my X-Line brushes have ended up here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-line-Water-Fed-Pole-Cleaning-Brush-Bundle-X4-Gardiners-Rinse-Bar/133145881752?hash=item1f001cec98:g:F0cAAOSwFmtdWaAx
You should be on a shopping channel with a well laid out display like that ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi just wondering if we have a release date for the brush yet, I was tired of waiting so I brought the universal brush a few weeks back, its definitely different but growing to like it, the blue bristles on the sides are really tough and great at getting those yellow splats off the glass. However I will still buy an xtreme sill brush to add to the collection.
Hi Viggers

The Xtreme Sill Medium Soft version has just been released on the website - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/xtreme-brushes/xtremetm-sill-brush-medium-soft.html

The Stiff version will be released on Monday and the Flocked version should be arriving on Thursday ?

I’ll try, but just back from the pub as I’m up early tomorrow for fishing, so this might not be great.

I’ve used the medium mixed sill brush for years, so when this turned up in the box I thought the box was empty!

It’s beautifully light. I chose the DuPont version as I work in affluent areas so clean a lot of leaded windows and find DuPonts glide over the leads better.

The brush took a bit to getting  used too as the bristles are quite short (to save weight I guess).

I had a supreme recently, so going back to a sill brush made me realise how much i’d missed it. To stand exactly where you are and clean the sills without having to move backwards (sometimes not possible) and not having to lift the pole at awkward angles to stop the stock scratching the sills is a relief.

After using the brush for a good 8 weeks, it’s not showing hardly any wear at all.

The one little thing that would improve it is if it had some bristles at each end of the brush. Because the bristles are short, when you have a deep recessed window, you sometimes (rarely) have to angle the brush to get to the edges.

It comes with stock bumpers at the ends of the brush. I took mine of as I found they rubbed up against the UPVC and caused friction.

Overall, if you like sill brushes, you’ll like this I reckon ?

If I think of anything else, I’ll post on Monday ?

I have to say I am tempted, I would be interested to know what the splay is like, has it changed at all and I am guessing the orange bristles will clean the front edge of the sill 

I only use extreme brushes apart from leaded then I use ultimate flock.

The reason for using extreme brushes for me is the lightness you can work longer and at a faster pace without the fatigue.

Alex sent me the medium version of the extreme sill brush a while back couple of months plus now and it as been used by myself and son everyday still in great shape.

If your not used to using extreme brushes they feel very different to start with but as soon as you get used to them you really do notice the time saving and ease of use.

The extreme sill brush is brilliant for 4 storey cleaning as The tips of the bristles do the work and you get no splay, another time I love using it is when you have large extensions and you have to clean the windows above, with other brushes you have to angle them forward and it’s normally a little more difficult to clean the sill this brush doesn’t splay which makes cleaning so much easier. 

the Extreme sill brush medium is rinse-bar compatible and can honestly say you can have the rinse-bar down on the stock the flow clears the bristles perfectly and without a shadow of a doubt the best 26cm brush I have used with the rinse-bar if you are a rinse-bar user this brush is highly recommended. 

The extra bristles, there is an extra row of white bristles compared to the original extreme which also helps clean the glass and sill but the fourth row (orange bristles) is where the sill cleaning help, the position of the bristles sit at a straight angle which is great for flicking a backwards motion the debris off the sill. 

Personally I alway use brush bumpers on every brush, I have pick up work from various cleaner for either marking or scratching clients sills, this brush is so well designed it doesn’t need a full bumpers as the top and bottom of the stock it will never come in contact with the sills, I have left my side bumpers on as a precaution but can’t really see it causing any damage without them. 

My verdict is it’s a great brush and truly hope Alex and his team add a 35cm version. 

Well done one to Gardiner pole systems for another great product.

I have to say I am tempted, I would be interested to know what the splay is like, has it changed at all and I am guessing the orange bristles will clean the front edge of the sill 
The Orange bristles flick the debris off the sills with ease and as cleans the fronts ? the medium holds its integrity brilliants and don’t splay much this is what I like about this brush so no drag. 

There isn’t much splay mate, however, the sill brush works differently from standard brushes so I find a lot of splay isn’t necessary ?

steve garwood said:
There isn’t much splay mate, however, the sill brush works differently from standard brushes so I find a lot of splay isn’t necessary ?
Another thing to add, this is the first time I’ve used the new type of easy to remove jets.

They are the dogs lower regions ?

The reason for using extreme brushes for me is the lightness you can work longer and at a faster pace without the fatigue.

Alex sent me the medium version of the extreme sill brush a while back couple of months plus now and it as been used by myself and son everyday still in great shape.

If your not used to using extreme brushes they feel very different to start with but as soon as you get used to them you really do notice the time saving and ease of use.

The extreme sill brush is brilliant for 4 storey cleaning as The tips of the bristles do the work and you get no splay, another time I love using it is when you have large extensions and you have to clean the windows above, with other brushes you have to angle them forward and it’s normally a little more difficult to clean the sill this brush doesn’t splay which makes cleaning so much easier. 

the Extreme sill brush medium is rinse-bar compatible and can honestly say you can have the rinse-bar down on the stock the flow clears the bristles perfectly and without a shadow of a doubt the best 26cm brush I have used with the rinse-bar if you are a rinse-bar user this brush is highly recommended. 

The extra bristles, there is an extra row of white bristles compared to the original extreme which also helps clean the glass and sill but the fourth row (orange bristles) is where the sill cleaning help, the position of the bristles sit at a straight angle which is great for flicking a backwards motion the debris off the sill. 

Personally I alway use brush bumpers on every brush, I have pick up work from various cleaner for either marking or scratching clients sills, this brush is so well designed it doesn’t need a full bumpers as the top and bottom of the stock it will never come in contact with the sills, I have left my side bumpers on as a precaution but can’t really see it causing any damage without them. 

My verdict is it’s a great brush and truly hope Alex and his team add a 35cm version. 

The Orange bristles flick the debris off the sills with ease and as cleans the fronts ? the medium holds its integrity brilliants and don’t splay much this is what I like about this brush so no drag. 

Thanks Den, I have used Xtremes before I used to go through them in around 12 weeks, just looking for a lighter brush as they I have have now ditched the Supreme on weight and havent been using a well used ultimate for the past 2-3 weeks 

It lasted 25 minutes this morning and got slung in the reject bin along with the others and the Raggy Dolls, back to my Ultimate DuPont, I think I am way to used to the softer bristles and just didn't feel at all that I was making enough bristle contact with the glass with the Xtreme and my shoulders were aching after 15 minutes as it just seemed harder to use, Oh well it's tax deductible 

It lasted 25 minutes this morning and got slung in the reject bin along with the others and the Raggy Dolls, back to my Ultimate DuPont, I think I am way to used to the softer bristles and just didn't feel at all that I was making enough bristle contact with the glass with the Xtreme and my shoulders were aching after 15 minutes as it just seemed harder to use, Oh well it's tax deductible 
I do like the DuPont bristle brushes but I also Like the medium soft and medium hybrid Extreme bristles don’t splay as much and I think are perfect for maintenance cleans now I’m used to the extreme I find them brilliant and the best brushes out there for maintenance cleans. 

I will swap you for ultimate medium or ultimate medium soft if you like ?

I do like the DuPont bristle brushes but I also Like the medium soft and medium hybrid Extreme bristles don’t splay as much and I think are perfect for maintenance cleans now I’m used to the extreme I find them brilliant and the best brushes out there for maintenance cleans. 

I got the sill extreme soft medium and love it, it does work well with the rinse bar too.

I've only just bought some of the new TaperTec extremes, and now waiting for the flocked extreme.

I think Gardiners need to set-up a help line for people like me, new brush addiction.

I got the sill extreme soft medium and love it, it does work well with the rinse bar too.

I've only just bought some of the new TaperTec extremes, and now waiting for the flocked extreme.

I think Gardiners need to set-up a help line for people like me, new brush addiction.
Haha I have enough brush to last me 10 life times haha, I’m just as bad lol

The tapertec extreme will be great for the Juliet bars ?

If you had a DuPont Ultimate I would have swapped, I find that the Dupont bristles are good balance between a medium and a soft/flocked brush, I bought the Xtreme 35cm when it first came out I think it was and it lasted 2hrs and has sat collecting dust in my garage ever since. 

If you had a DuPont Ultimate I would have swapped, I find that the Dupont bristles are good balance between a medium and a soft/flocked brush, I bought the Xtreme 35cm when it first came out I think it was and it lasted 2hrs and has sat collecting dust in my garage ever since. 
If you want to sell let me know. I've had my 14" extreme for around a year or more and its still in great nick, a spare wont hurt.

I do have a ultimate DuPont that I Use on my bungelow pole and also on a few houses that have deep frames. 

i also have a couple of superlite compact flock brushes that I bought when gardiner’s discontinued them. 

Shame me as I would have had a trade with them also for your extreme brushes. 

As I love the 35cm extreme brush also.

Latest Posts

Back