Chris33

My canvassing blog!

HALTON
I believe in the mix. You got to have a bit of everything IMO. Online presence in the form of a website so you're found on Google, @boarcity says it matters not how good your fliers look they aren't doing you any good sat in the box at home. I have just had 5000 new ones printed and last week managed to drop 2500 of them so far and am on target to get the rest done this week. I have had 16 sign ups so far and have another 4 on the note pad to go and quote.

Canvass: Still my personal fav but now incorporated with leaflet drop. If I can see they are a minger I will knock and dish out the patter. Straight to the point. 'Hi, sorry to disturb you, I clean the windows for some of your neighbors and see you don't currently seem to have a regular window cleaner, can I add you to our rounds?' I get around 60% of what I knock.

When knocking and no answer I note the mingers on my pad so when I am back on that street I know who to knock right away.

A side note on leaflets: I have a 'menu' on mine,

Prices from:

Semi - £12

Detached 3 bed - £15

Town house - £18

Conservatory add - £5

Garage door add - £2

(Just a sample for you not extensive)

What I have found this run is that people already know roughly how much when calling up - you don't get the messers expecting a £4 clean.

Van and shirts - I have been approached in the supermarket and pub even just in the street for having a tshirt that says 'Window Cleaner' big and bold on the back. I reckon 2 or 3 per month from the T-Shirt. I ordered signage off ebay for £45 at Christmas for my van. Since then it has paid for itself ten times over already.

Freebies? HELL YES! I do freebies every single month for my customers, I include the frames sills and doors for FREE and make sure they know it. It even says so on my flyers. Many are still of the old school trad mind set where the frames and sills never got touched.

It is not as simple as advertise and you're done, it is (if you want success) a relentless ongoing war. Every possible second you're not cleaning glass needs to be taken up with promotions.

8am till 4pm like any other job. Only got jobs booked in till 12 noon today? Well then it's two hours leaflet drops followed by two hours internet promoting. If you got the discipline the success will follow.

Good luck.

As for those mentioned in this post.... yep even I can still be taught the odd trick :))

What sort of communities groups do you post in I post in buy sell but never thought about community but what sort of pages am I looking for ? Cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Chris33

These Facebook selling groups are handy,this has given me maybe 10 /15 customers in a week.

Spread over a very large area granted,but it helps me highlight gaps (ie three of these new customers have indicated there is no windy in their area at all-as I'm always asking if they have seen any at the point of them pming me, to then get a feel for areas worth checking first)

HALTON

The only problem I can see with these buy sell pages are what if its a dog ruff area they are asking for you to clean do you accept it as its work or avoid

Chris33

Aye true,I've been getting their address and then google map the area. See what it looks like that way. Also can check crime statistics for area (using post code) online if you really wanted to get ocd with it!. Lol

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Round here you have multi million pound houses opposite 60k terraces. Litteraly.

I have found that the 'dog rough' areas as you put it can be lucrative as no one else wants to clean there.

However they are told from the off Direct Debits or no play.

HALTON
Round here you have multi million pound houses opposite 60k terraces. Litteraly.

I have found that the 'dog rough' areas as you put it can be lucrative as no one else wants to clean there.

However they are told from the off Direct Debits or no play.

What sort of community groups do you post in ?

Chris33

I'm now sitting at 400 a month in customers, average prices are six pounds to 6.50 but have some larger ones. Most of these are from buy and sell online sites and so trying my best to leaflet drop when doing each house (ten to each side)

Made a week 1,2,3,4 customer profile sheet up as finding it hard to keep track with a diary to be honest.

Have some time to chap doors and canvas this next while, so here's hoping.

Using waterfed backpack for first time tomorrow and bit worried about how that'll go,but hay ho.

Chris33

Hitting 25 of them twice a day mate,first posting 8am second one 6pm. Some are all regional pages however (others towns),so probably have a 25 mile radius of work due to this.

Chris33

Two houses that I'd stupidly pre posted free first clean fliers to,pulled me up on that deal when canvassing area again yesterday. Felt inclined to offer it still,but they r getting left I've decided

Both big houses after a service for nothing and doubt they'd stick about anyway.

peter rogers

Be weary mate. Big mouths etc u shud go and be like oh it's free or the first lean of front but can do the whole house monthly for xxx

HALTON
Hitting 25 of them twice a day mate,first posting 8am second one 6pm. Some are all regional pages however (others towns),so probably have a 25 mile radius of work due to this.

You posting manually or you got a programming etc to post for you?

Chris33

Copy and pasting them mate,save this into my email drafts and paste them in.

Fife window cleaning services provide a regular and reliable window-cleaning service in Fife.

I am able to offer an insured and licenced service, which is important should any accidental damage occur (you would be covered for Windows cracking, fallen ladders etc)

See me at https://m.facebook.com/fifewindowcleaningservices/ where all reviews are positive and there are details of what I offer.

I use traditional cleaning methods (ladders and soapy water) but can use a 30 foot waterfed pole for high rise buildings and hard to reach windows.

Payment options include PayPal,bacs or old school cash on collection. Cleans can be one offs,regular 2 weekly, 4 weekly or 8 weekly etc. Whatever suits,but most people go for 4 weekly as a pointer.

Prices start at 6 pounds,and all prices are within the pound of that unless you own a very large house!

www.fifewindowcleaningservices.co.uk

Feel free to drop me a like chaps!

peter rogers

Sparkle cleaning contracts

Check mine out

Look at the add with the wee minion.

It catches people's eye in the buy and sell.

If u use laptop it's faster to share them

Use the share button note bottom of the post

Chris33

So after being banned from forums for two week ha, I've been chapping doors and trying to compact what I have.

Had three in a small village,and tonight that turned into 13! Really chuffed with that, as another windy does some for 3 pound in this area.Got my new ones at 6.50 and 7 pounds

Going to my local town tomorrow for a few jobs,and there seems to be a need for windys in a certain part. Going to canvas as I do two on this street,see how it goes.

Trying to use the big boy backpack was a fail of epic proportions however, dirty marks everywhere!

Chris33

Method,it must be Jim. I spent about a minute per window in sheer enthusiasm to get onto the next haha.

I have zero technique here and will need to watch some videos and stuff.