Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hard to reach windows !!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ash Smith

Ok guys. Hard to reach windows (above porch or perhaps too high?) .... How do you deal with this as a traditional window cleaner ?? Examples would be great cheers 

Ok guys. Hard to reach windows (above porch or perhaps too high?) .... How do you deal with this as a traditional window cleaner ?? Examples would be great cheers 
Ive been on a learning curve with this issue since starting in April.

Don't put pressure on yourself would be my advice.

One easy option is to explain that it can't be reached and agree a price minus that window, most customers won't mind.

Some are designed so you can do from inside if the customer is in.

I have watched the vids using trad pole. Those guys make it look easy!

I bought one but have found it difficult to master to a point where I am confident of doing a good job consistently.

I have a trolley WFP now for these situations but I generally still trad ground floor as I prefer it.

How much did you pay for your trolley set up Steve? Do you make your own pure water now too? How long did you do traditional and ladder work for and what put you off it? Cheers, Ash

How much did you pay for your trolley set up Steve? Do you make your own pure water now too? How long did you do traditional and ladder work for and what put you off it? Cheers, Ash
I started trad groundfloor only working from my car.

I am part time so in a good position to be choosy lots of bungalows in mid wales.

To grow the business though I needed to invest in equipment to do upper floors as I was getting requests from people in houses.

I'm not anti ladder but try and reduce risk as much as possible.

My wife's great grandfather was killed after a fall from a ladder window cleaning in 1944 which has made me wary. I do use a ladder in some situations though.

I now have a small van and trolley system.

Total cost of my wfp system was about £650

Advised on here to buy best pole you can afford.(After using it this has proved to be good advice) I got gardiner SLX 25 and

Gardiner pack pack. 

I filter water through a DI vessel.

I am lucky as I am in a soft water area. 

TDS levels are 70 from the tap.

You need a more involved system if you are in a hard water area which may make you think again.

Happy to provide full details of what I bought if you require it. 

Somebody did for me and it saved me a lot of hassle. I use my van for other things so didn't want a built in tank and system.

I still trad ground floor as I generally prefer it. But if it's your main job I think if you invest you may well switch completely as wfp is quicker.

Ok Steve thanks, currently im not going to invest in the water fed pole and kit and yes im hardwater area, it measures 200ppm out my taps ! I looked into getting a pole but for now i will persevere on a ladder. Excited and nervous to get started, its been slow so far but i havnt knocked any doors yet plus its winter time which slows things down im led to believe

Ok Steve thanks, currently im not going to invest in the water fed pole and kit and yes im hardwater area, it measures 200ppm out my taps ! I looked into getting a pole but for now i will persevere on a ladder. Excited and nervous to get started, its been slow so far but i havnt knocked any doors yet plus its winter time which slows things down im led to believe
Theres loads of good advice on here for all aspects of the trade.

As said before by Lawrence check out trad man he has loads of informative vids. Even one on canvassing. 

I don't want to be patronising but consider each new ladder pitch carefully. Don't be afraid to say 'I can't do that window'

Winter might be good to start as some 'fair weather ' blokes may have gone missing!

Best of luck.

Latest Posts

Back