probbo86

Gardiner 100 degree fan jets

probbo86

Anyone else using these?? I used my new slx today and it pretty much drained my tank. Normally I have half a tank left using pencil jets. Just wondered if I'm doing something wrong. I kept the psi the same.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Tuffers
15 minutes ago, probbo86 said:

Anyone else using these?? I used my new slx today and it pretty much drained my tank. Normally I have half a tank left using pencil jets. Just wondered if I'm doing something wrong. I kept the psi the same.

You fell in love with your new pole ❤️

Den

Yes I love them, don't use any more water than pencils I rinse on the glass. 

probbo86

You fell in love with your new pole [emoji173]️

I won't lie, it was pretty good, I've been using a streamline xr70 (which is more rigid) but that's the only pro, I just don't understand why I used so much more water

probbo86
Yes I love them, don't use any more water than pencils I rinse on the glass. 

Rinsing seemed so much quicker and easier, that's why I was so shocked when I checked my tank and had used so much water.

Den

Maybe try turning your flow down and experiment with different flow settings I personally turned my flowup slightly but found myself working quicker with the fan jets only being using them a few weeks but now much prefer them. 

probbo86
Maybe try turning your flow down and experiment with different flow settings I personally turned my flowup slightly but found myself working quicker with the fan jets only being using them a few weeks but now much prefer them. 

Il try that tomorrow thanks [emoji1303]

Marko067

I've been using the black fans for some time now and love them. Oddly enough though, I've used considerably less water than with pencils right from the get go.

Master Jedi Alejandro

What do you have you flow set too? I used my fan jets for the first time today and actually thought they saved me water, though I’ve paired them with a lighter brush, so that could explain it. 

Den

I have mine set at 14 on my facelift controller and 16 on my PF nano trolley.

Master Jedi Alejandro
1 minute ago, Den said:

I have mine set at 14 on my facelift controller and 16 on my PF nano trolley.

Is that PSI? I’ve got mine set at 40 on my flow control and I always assumed that meant 40 PSI. 

probbo86
What do you have you flow set too? I used my fan jets for the first time today and actually thought they saved me water, though I’ve paired them with a lighter brush, so that could explain it. 

Set it to 40 to start, now I've dropped it to 35 seems better to be fair. I've got an ultimate brush so it's pretty light, Time will tell

Den
53 minutes ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Is that PSI? I’ve got mine set at 40 on my flow control and I always assumed that meant 40 PSI. 

Honestly haven’t a clue that’s the numbers on my controllers, the purefreedom controller calibration was preset set when I got it, and remember recrabrationing my facelift controller by the instruction manual when I first bought my compact 325 these are what work for me, sorry wished I could be more informative. 

Marko067

The numbers on the controllers are just refference points to help you find a setting that works for you, whether it's your 'Flow' setting or your 'CAL' setting.  Thet are meant to represent the points between 0 and 100%. So some controllers will read 0-10 while others will read 0-100. The latter will give you more presise control is all.

My flow controller has a scale of 0-10 and I have it set to 8 mostly which means I am running it at 80% of full flow.

TimsScrims

I had my van/gear stolen so had to buy everything new again...my bro recommended the 100 degree fan jets and have used them for last couple of weeks, i used to be on the normal 50 fan jets prior.
The new 100s are great for regular monthly work, and save me roughly 1/3 of water daily than what i used to! I have my flow controller set to 20-30 and thats more than enough pressure.

My set up is a 500L tank a 25L backpack and 2x 30L jerry cans. I had 535L in van start of day, end of 7.5 work day still got roughly 400L left!

Only minor down side to it is it struggles to rinse some bigger dirt bits off so make sure u have a good eye and rinse more or literally brush it off. Other than that fully recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

scottish cleaning service

a lot of my customers leave their top windows slightly open, how do you overcome this with the pole if they aren't in?

Den
40 minutes ago, TimsScrims said:

I had my van/gear stolen so had to buy everything new again...my bro recommended the 100 degree fan jets and have used them for last couple of weeks, i used to be on the normal 50 fan jets prior.
The new 100s are great for regular monthly work, and save me roughly 1/3 of water daily than what i used to! I have my flow controller set to 20-30 and thats more than enough pressure.

My set up is a 500L tank a 25L backpack and 2x 30L jerry cans. I had 535L in van start of day, end of 7.5 work day still got roughly 400L left!

Only minor down side to it is it struggles to rinse some bigger dirt bits off so make sure u have a good eye and rinse more or literally brush it off. Other than that fully recommended!

I have startd using the ultimate medium orange brush and now rinsing on the glass I found it saves time also.

Den
5 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

a lot of my customers leave their top windows slightly open, how do you overcome this with the pole if they aren't in?

Either push shut or if slightly open clean but be careful not to spray water inside.

Got to watch one doesn't damage pole, that's when a stronger pole is required. Could be the reason why the top section of an extreme pole eventually breaks.

Den

Don't fully extend 1st and 2nd section so the pole is much more rigid.

Good idea, when I go to eventually buy one, I'll buy a larger one than I need for that very reason. 27 minimum, Thx m

Den

I use the slx18 for 97% for my work and still don't fully extend for a large percentage of that, I also have a Slx22 and Slx25 really dont like Slx25 as I find it bendy compared to the Slx22 with an extension.

if funds are available try and get a slx18 as it's really light work and another pole like the Slx22 or Slx25 for the other windows that require a longer pole. Also I have a few really well paid jobs that require a couple of extensions for the odd velux window 3rd floor windows etc the extensions takes seconds to had on and paid for them self many times over and because they hardly get used probably last me a life time. 

probbo86

I love the pole , the brush and the fan jets, effortless cleaning. I've dropped the flow rate and that seems to have done the job

gwindows

I used the fan jets the day and was well impressed with them might change the others to them :1f44d::1f44d: