Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner 100 degree fan jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use the slx18 for 97% for my work and still don't fully extend for a large percentage of that, I also have a Slx22 and Slx25 really dont like Slx25 as I find it bendy compared to the Slx22 with an extension.

if funds are available try and get a slx18 as it's really light work and another pole like the Slx22 or Slx25 for the other windows that require a longer pole. Also I have a few really well paid jobs that require a couple of extensions for the odd velux window 3rd floor windows etc the extensions takes seconds to had on and paid for them self many times over and because they hardly get used probably last me a life time. 

I had my van/gear stolen so had to buy everything new again...my bro recommended the 100 degree fan jets and have used them for last couple of weeks, i used to be on the normal 50 fan jets prior.
The new 100s are great for regular monthly work, and save me roughly 1/3 of water daily than what i used to! I have my flow controller set to 20-30 and thats more than enough pressure.

My set up is a 500L tank a 25L backpack and 2x 30L jerry cans. I had 535L in van start of day, end of 7.5 work day still got roughly 400L left!

Only minor down side to it is it struggles to rinse some bigger dirt bits off so make sure u have a good eye and rinse more or literally brush it off. Other than that fully recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
I love the pole , the brush and the fan jets, effortless cleaning. I've dropped the flow rate and that seems to have done the job

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I swap between fans and pencils like both but lately been using pencils more again.
I rinse on the glass which is ok for fan jets if rinsing off the glass I personally wouldnt use Fan jets.

Last edited:
Totally agree
The other thing I like about pencil jets is the the ability to finish rinsing a window while moving towards the next window. ??

Also they will rinse off bigger bits of dirt quicker than fans.
Perhaps others might disagree but that's my findings anyway.

I used pencil jets for years initially 2mm as that's all that was sold years ago then switched to 1mm welding tips then 1.2mm pencil jets then in the last few years 100-degree fan jets are far better than pencils for rinsing IMO

I think it might come down to your set up, how you rinse, what you use and your personal preference.

My advice to you is throw some dirt on a wet window then see which jets rinses best for you ?

I deal with a lot of minging windows in far north and absolutely hate wasting time trying to get silly bits of dirt off. ?

Totally different for well maintained windows that almost look clean to start with lol.

I don't think anyone can insist their way is the answer for you mate you just need to experiment ?

I think it might come down to your set up, how you rinse, what you use and your personal preference.

My advice to you is throw some dirt on a wet window then see which jets rinses best for you ?

I deal with a lot of minging windows in far north and absolutely hate wasting time trying to get silly bits of dirt off. ?

Totally different for well maintained windows that almost look clean to start with lol.

I don't think anyone can insist their way is the answer for you mate you just need to experiment ?
I find it easier to rinse bits of the glass with Fans, I may rinse on the glass with some and then lift the brush off for a second pass, with recent storms I've done quite a few jobs that have had those tiny bits of cr-ap on the windows off flat roofs, etc which have needed an extra rinse to get everything off.

I have some jobs with really big bay windows on a main road and each of them has a neighbouring felt flat and these nearly always have those tiny bits all over the glass this has been an ongoing issue for 15 years on these ones and some others defo easier with fans for me.

Personally, I hated fan jets.
Then, when we went hot, I decided that fan jets would distribute the heat over a wider area, so decided fans were the way to go to achieve that. (This was when some were warning about hot water and cracking glass.) I still have old brushes with both jets and fan jets installed next to each other. I alternate between both these days. My SLX40 had pencil jets for years. I swapped the brush head yesterday to one with fan jets, but I didn't get on with fan jets at height. I like to see a concentrated stream of rinse water running down the glass at 40' high. I'm going to swap the brush head back.

Personally, and many will disagree, I don't like fan jets as the water goes everywhere and we do a lot of 3 and 4 floor work with vents. We have found that 4 x 1.4mm pencil jets, using 8mm hose reel gives us the best flow and uses less water.
I dont like them for the same reason, but use the 2 standard 2mm pencils, started out with sprayjets though, not for me. But everyone i know uses them.

I used pencil jets for years initially 2mm as that's all that was sold years ago then switched to 1mm welding tips then 1.2mm pencil jets then in the last few years 100-degree fan jets are far better than pencils for rinsing IMO
Oh really ? Would they suit 350 litre tank? And is fan jets quicker for rinsing off the glass?

They good for rinsing off? I just want to be off through the rounds as quick as possible and I feel I'm spending ages rinsing on huge Bay windows or huge Connie's with just pencil

Latest Posts

Back