P4dstar

WCW for RO Filters?

P4dstar
3 hours ago, spruce said:

In October 1964 Northern Rhodesia became independant from Britain and became Zambia.

I was under the impression that all of Rhodesia is now modern day Zimbabwe, named after the ruins?

As for miles I seem to remember from School that they had several different distances for a mile and Queen Elizabeth I decided to just use one, reportedly in an argument with an advisor as the different measurements made her angry... When you decide something 500 years ago, might be a good idea to look them over now and again!

spruce
16 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I was under the impression that all of Rhodesia is now modern day Zimbabwe, named after the ruins?

As for miles I seem to remember from School that they had several different distances for a mile and Queen Elizabeth I decided to just use one, reportedly in an argument with an advisor as the different measurements made her angry... When you decide something 500 years ago, might be a good idea to look them over now and again!

I think it extends to the whole continent of Africa sadly although sometimes it could extend to every country in the world.

P4dstar
28 minutes ago, spruce said:

I think it extends to the whole continent of Africa sadly although sometimes it could extend to every country in the world.

You've lost me Spruce 🤯 Sorry 

Part Timer
3 hours ago, spruce said:

Sorry. I've just dug deep into the archives and it was a 25cwt Bedford. So that's 1 &1/4 ton which I presume is its payload.

200 stone :delusional:

P4dstar
4 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

200 stone :delusional:

Both mine and your fat ar5es will fit in there PT, road trip!! 😂

Part Timer
19 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Both mine and your fat ar5es will fit in there PT, road trip!! 😂

Would love to organise a Saturday night p!ss up somewhere for members on here. Something possibly @Gavcould put a poll up to see if other members are up for. 

P4dstar
8 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Would love to organise a Saturday night p!ss up somewhere for members on here. Something possibly @Gavcould put a poll up to see if other members are up for. 

Yeah man. Possibly not an open invite to all, could get a bit messy 😂

steve garwood

Wow, you lot really know how to spend your Saturday night, talking about metric and imperial 😳

Rock n roll 😂😂

Edited by steve garwood

P4dstar
6 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Wow, you lot really know how to spend your Saturday night, talking about metric and imperial 😳

Rock n roll 😂😂

I didn't even notice it was Saturday 😂🤣😆

Iron Giant
16 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Like a Jolly Boys  Outing
🤪

Edited by Iron Giant

Part Timer
Just now, Iron Giant said:

Like a Jolly Boys Day Outing
🤪

How jolly it would be at the end could be interesting 🤢

steve garwood
4 hours ago, P4dstar said:

I didn't even notice it was Saturday 😂🤣😆

Phew, thank god your ok. I thought something bad had happened to you.

You went four hours without posting on here, I thought you was dead 😘😂

P4dstar
1 minute ago, steve garwood said:

Phew, thank god your ok. I thought something bad had happened to you.

You went four hours without posting on here, I thought you was dead 😘😂

I know you miss me Ginge, i'll try not to leave it so long next time 😂

steve garwood
19 hours ago, Part Timer said:

No thanks. You just know that as you’re getting going on the lash, some boring ba5tard will start talking about a univalve or new pole 😩

Just now, P4dstar said:

I know you miss me Ginge, i'll try not to leave it so long next time 😂

Point proven, you responded in two minutes 😂😂😂😂😂

Part Timer
3 hours ago, steve garwood said:

No thanks. You just know that as you’re getting going on the lash, some boring ba5tard will start talking about a univalve or new pole 😩<span><span><span><span>

Or Millwall and Pie, mash and liquor

P4dstar
On 04/01/2019 at 16:43, P4dstar said:

WCW very kindly sent filters, delivered this morning. Sent me 6 x 10'' filters instead of the 6 20'' filters I ordered. In fairness I called them and they are arranging collection and delivery of the correct ones for Monday and only took a few seconds to sort out, not ideal though!

Replacement filters arrived today, delivery and collection... Sent me another 6 10'' filters 😫

Once again very friendly and helpful about it but that doesn't change the fact that I will have to wait until Wednesday to get the filters and ideally my sediment filter needed changing 1000 litres ago!

P4dstar

I've finally got the sediment filters, don't look right to me... Anyone seen these before? They look like they're made out of wool, not like the usual ones I get. The pic of the spectrum one is the 10'' one they sent, this is what the ones i've always used look like.

nXvdVLfvSI2oBL4Cp5nmyw.jpg

lCT69VWOTK6R2GxAx0XGAA.jpg

jBhcjAv9RHuDHP5g+6T2WQ.jpg

spruce
2 hours ago, P4dstar said:

I've finally got the sediment filters, don't look right to me... Anyone seen these before? They look like they're made out of wool, not like the usual ones I get. The pic of the spectrum one is the 10'' one they sent, this is what the ones i've always used look like.

nXvdVLfvSI2oBL4Cp5nmyw.jpg

lCT69VWOTK6R2GxAx0XGAA.jpg

jBhcjAv9RHuDHP5g+6T2WQ.jpg

IMHO those are fine. They are 5 micron so that's what you want. You don't need to get to hung up about sediment filters; the most important filter is your carbon block. There's a third filter around that looks like they used wound string to make it.

If the sediment filter isn't exactly to spec then the carbon block at 5 micron should trap and stray particles. Interestly, Grippa Tank are now specing the Fiberdyne at 5 to 10 micro. I wonder what's changed as Gardiners only speced the same filter at 5 micron.

I see they have also put the price up since I last looked when answering another post about a week ago. The boys aren't shy when it comes to pricing!

Edited by spruce

P4dstar
42 minutes ago, spruce said:

IMHO those are fine. They are 5 micron so that's what you want. You don't need to get to hung up about sediment filters; the most important filter is your carbon block. There's a third filter around that looks like they used wound string to make it.

If the sediment filter isn't exactly to spec then the carbon block at 5 micron should trap and stray particles. Interestly, Grippa Tank are now specing the Fiberdyne at 5 to 10 micro. I wonder what's changed as Gardiners only speced the same filter at 5 micron.

I see they have also put the price up since I last looked when answering another post about a week ago. The boys aren't shy when it comes to pricing!

Just seems wrong mate. If I ask for a dairy milk and the cashier gives me a Sainsburys own chocolate bar I wouldn't have it. After the comedy of errors this time I think i'll order elsewhere next time. Where do you get your sediment filters mate?

I spotted that when I ordered but I didn't think it was an issue as its still advertised as 5M Fiberdyne... Sure it will be the same as the ones I used to get from Gardiners, seems the same.