P4dstar

WCW for RO Filters?

Jango
6 hours ago, doug atkinson said:

Having what you have gone through and you're still window cleaning have to say well done and keep it up.

Thank you Doug. It's been tough but I'm still going.  

Rickadoo
On 05/01/2019 at 16:52, P4dstar said:

The meter I bought had 1/2'' BSP so I added the 1/2'' BSP to 1/2'' push fit adapters you can see in the pic. Gardiners have since stopped selling these. They recommended I buy the 3/8'' BSP ones and a reducer. All of these thread sizes, metric & imperial etc confuse the hell out of me and i've never managed to find the same sort of thing elsewhere but I won't need any until I add a second pump to the van.

I have a Hozelock size connection with a 1/2'' push fit on the other side, goes into the shut off valve first, then the flow meter then a singular TDS meter so I can see the tap TDS and finally into the pre-filters and RO.

Coming out the RO I have the usual waste pipe, just some cheap hose. For the pure I have gone with John guest again, and installed a splitter so I can dump the first bit of water that comes out and beat the TDS creep.Got a dual TDS Meter too so I can measure in and out of the DI. 

IMG_9377.JPG

Oh yeah and since that pic i've gone double DI.... Maximum savings and all that.

Hi mate. Do you know what size tube you have going to your DI. I’m asking as I’m planning to get a inline TDS meter and they all seem to have 1/4 inch JG fittings as standard.

P4dstar
On 12/02/2019 at 20:45, Rickadoo said:

Hi mate. Do you know what size tube you have going to your DI. I’m asking as I’m planning to get a inline TDS meter and they all seem to have 1/4 inch JG fittings as standard.

So sorry mate, I must not have spotted this at the time. It is 1/2 inch JG tubing. Daqua sell the Murlock connections for the in line system. Would be worth giving Doug a call to check these are correct but they look like the right ones.

https://www.daqua.co.uk/johnguest.htm

Rickadoo
1 hour ago, P4dstar said:

So sorry mate, I must not have spotted this at the time. It is 1/2 inch JG tubing. Daqua sell the Murlock connections for the in line system. Would be worth giving Doug a call to check these are correct but they look like the right ones.

https://www.daqua.co.uk/johnguest.htm

Cheers man. No worries. 

Iron Giant
On 10/01/2019 at 18:23, Iron Giant said:

The 10" CFBC high-performance carbon filters I bought from Grippa have gone up £3.00 in price from £21.00 plus vat to £24.17  but their service life is 75,000 litres which I calculated will last me 19 weeks but what I can't work out is the published data on their site still not sure if its a carbon and sediment filter or why they recommend a 10 micron sediment filter https://www.grippatank.co.uk/fibredyne-cfbc-sediment-carbon-pre-filter-10 I emailed them and why they recommend 10 micron sediment filters when I had always bought 5 microns from Gardiners previously they said Gardiners had never sold 5" sediment filters I emailed again and got no response their customer service ain't great on the whole. 

Just to update on my purchase these don't last for 75,000 litres as stated the carbon filter should have seen me through for till May 23rd and have only lasted 9-10 weeks and processed approximately 37,000 litres of combined waste and pure, my production had been slowing down a bit I thought and after 8 hours my R/O hadn't even produced 200ltrs when I got back home last night so I checked the carbon filter and it was knackered, I have had to put another one in which is the same again. 

P4dstar
17 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Just to update on my purchase these don't last for 75,000 litres as stated the carbon filter should have seen me through for till May 23rd and have only lasted 9-10 weeks and processed approximately 37,000 litres of combined waste and pure, my production had been slowing down a bit I thought and after 8 hours my R/O hadn't even produced 200ltrs when I got back home last night so I checked the carbon filter and it was knackered, I have had to put another one in which is the same again. 

How do you identify it is knackered mate? Mine seem to last the full 75k and still look as good as new.

Iron Giant
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, P4dstar said:

How do you identify it is knackered mate? Mine seem to last the full 75k and still look as good as new.

The mesh gets wrinkled up a bit like Noras stockings 

Nora Batty.jpeg

Edited by Iron Giant
grammar

Rickadoo
Posted (edited)
On 20/03/2019 at 06:27, Iron Giant said:

Maybe it depends on your tap TDS or the level of chlorine in your water. I’ve got the 10” one and it’s lasted the stated 37500 litres. But my Tap TDS is only 120. 

Edited by Rickadoo

Iron Giant
1 hour ago, Rickadoo said:

Maybe it depends on your tap TDS or the level of chlorine in your water. I’ve got the 10” one and it’s lasted the stated 37500 litres. But my Tap TDS is only 120. 

My tap tds is around 75ppm at its highest and has been under 60ppm so I wouldn't have thought chlorine content would be that high either.