Don Logan

What a bad run of weather

ks789

At least with these stormy westerlys  I havent had to leave a heater in the van this year. Dont miss that. Do feel for those getting flooded though, hard to imagine just what a nightmare that must be.

Chris34
4 hours ago, CHWS said:

A customer told me yesterday that this time last year it was 21 degrees with some freak weather we had. I can’t remember it to be fair 

I remember it, I had just started out and was in my shorts and t-shirt, with suncream and a two litre bottle of drinking water, I was sweating doing my first fascia and window clean on a detached.  It was freak weather but then it rained all March.  Just hope March isn't the same as last year as that will mean 8 solid weeks of rain.

Rains stopped now anyway, it's now hail, doh.

Dave B

I remember 2011 I think it was when it was -13 down here at night as I was helping a mate out driving a grit lorry at night and window cleaning during the day.

Still got all my work done in the day lol.

Weather is weather but still have windows to clean.

I was trad then so just used trad pole and a litre of ipa in my bucket .

Don't let the weather stop you as the bills don't stop.

Rain just helps with rinsing🤣

Edited by Dave B

Part Timer

Three of these to do and I think there must have been wind tunnels in between them.

20200225_131752.jpg

Pjj
9 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Three of these to do and I think there must have been wind tunnels in between them.

20200225_131752.jpg

Nice looking job that hold on tight to the pole !!!😂😂😂💨💧💨

Part Timer
2 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Yesterday one side was a no go above 2nd floor, if you went above that and a gust came along it really looked like the pole was going to snap, and that was third floor, God knows how bad the 4th floor would've been.

Today we have had to work on an.angle so that we are pushing into the wind and at 50' that is one tough day. All done in less than 2 days though.

ks789
42 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Cripes, reckon that'd kill me off, especially getting brush inbetween railings? Might be not as bad as it looks but wouldn't rate my chances.

Part Timer
19 minutes ago, ks789 said:

Cripes, reckon that'd kill me off, especially getting brush inbetween railings? Might be not as bad as it looks but wouldn't rate my chances.

You can't get your hand through the railings. Just rinsing above

Pjj
2 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Yesterday one side was a no go above 2nd floor, if you went above that and a gust came along it really looked like the pole was going to snap, and that was third floor, God knows how bad the 4th floor would've been.

Today we have had to work on an.angle so that we are pushing into the wind and at 50' that is one tough day. All done in less than 2 days though.

The windows  look quite set back ?.. nothing worse than trying to di something like that in high wind 😬😬😬

Chris34
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

You can't get your hand through the railings. Just rinsing above

That looks like a right pita, did you just clean the top then and not clean the bit behind the railings?  

Part Timer
19 minutes ago, Pjj said:

The windows  look quite set back ?.. nothing worse than trying to di something like that in high wind 😬😬😬

The wind was ok 800 yards away, wouldn't have blown @Den wig off, but I think as there's a multitude of high buildings in the area it generates really strong wind tunnels.

21 minutes ago, Chris34 said:

That looks like a right pita, did you just clean the top then and not clean the bit behind the railings?  

Yes, ridiculous design as every window, except ground floor, has Juliets on them and you wouldn't be able to get an applicator through let alone a brush. Yet every set of windows has a door that opens fully.

Chris34
35 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

The wind was ok 800 yards away, wouldn't have blown @Den wig off, but I think as there's a multitude of high buildings in the area it generates really strong wind tunnels.

Yes, ridiculous design as every window, except ground floor, has Juliets on them and you wouldn't be able to get an applicator through let alone a brush. Yet every set of windows has a door that opens fully.

Yeah it's ridiculous that, I've always said the designers design these things with little or zero thought into how they will be cleaned.