Top Posters In This Topic

• scottish cleaning service

• Tango

• NoName

• THL4KEL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please make sure you carry on letting us know every detail of your day 👍🤪

What is essential? Someone stuck at home who suffers from depression for example who can go to shop and buy diy stuff and plants etc to do the garden and take their mind off it is in my opinion e

Having had today off, I decided to get the bike out. Found my old cycling shorts, and after ten years they still fit me! I’ll take a photo 👍

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Amazin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/22/uk-will-need-social-distancing-until-at-least-end-of-year-says-whitty

According to whitty, this is got to be a joke right? People will go mad by then. 

Unfortunately not, officially 135k people have had the virus. We all know the number will be a lot higher so let's call it 3 million. This is circa 5% of the population so there's still a lot more people to catch it yet.

Without a vaccine this will go on for a lot longer, hope I'm wrong but when Germany, a country that has avoided the worst of it, have already cancelled Oktoberfest, that starts mid September, we aren't going to be doing anything till after this.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Better get used to the social distancing as I think itll go on for at least the next year IMO...

I dont think itll be long before they open non essential shops and garden centres and barbers/hairdressers though.....

Most pubs and clubs will go out of business and football clubs too I reckon.....

• Agree 2

That doesn’t mean we will be in the type of lockdown we are in now until then. But there will be social distancing measures we need to adhere to. What will be interesting is seeing what happens in countries like Austria and Italy now they’re opening certain things up. 

I really feel for owners and employees of restaurants, pubs and gyms as I imagine they will be the very last places able to open again. 

Daniel Perkins

I don't think it will be "lockdown" as such but more like forms of restrictions which as the article suggest "social distancing" that will gradually be phased out as time goes on and the figures are assessed. 

I really feel for owners and employees of restaurants, pubs and gyms as I imagine they will be the very last places able to open again. 

Honestly, i think i might just end my own life if I was the owner of a pub or restaurant. I'll be so depressed and frustrated.

Better get used to the social distancing as I think itll go on for at least the next year IMO...

I dont think itll be long before they open non essential shops and garden centres and barbers/hairdressers though.....

what about meeting with friends and families? Surely they can't keep people from seeing them for another 12 months!

scottish cleaning service

Airlines, Insurance, Investment & Oil companies are all bankrupt. None of my customers will go on a plane this year in case they catch the virus from recirculating air. I'm lucky most of my customers are elderly and have a state pension. Our prices may take a hit when folk out of work become handymen and women, gardeners and window cleaners. Can't see home prices staying at these levels and could drop 25%. Anyone will be able to pick up a cheap nearly new van. fwiw

Met some other windy cleaner up here and he was telling me he bumped into Labour's Diane Abbott and she asked him where Loch Down was? 🤣😂🤣

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

I have to clean windows today and they want the ingos & sills painted white again. This is a first for me, will be asking a score a window.

Got another windy customer when I was painting and cleaning the customer's windows, everyone out walking makes a difference.

steve garwood
5 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Got another windy customer when I was painting and cleaning the customer's windows, everyone out walking makes a difference.

1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

Cheers Steve, I thought you had stopped biting. 🤣

There was a lot more drivers on the road today. I have seen a number of local business owners who had shut up shop who started back today. They also opened the local parks by me, to walk around. A few of my customers who are office based have started going back to work, they have to do the social distancing in work...

On 23/04/2020 at 08:50, Amazin said:

what about meeting with friends and families? Surely they can't keep people from seeing them for another 12 months!

The current lock down as it is hasn't stopped a lot of people from meeting up and going to visit family, plus the supermarkets and so on are a joke people aren't social distancing as they should be 🤬

• Agree 2

There is a new rule coming. We're allowed to have ten nominated friends.. Was mentioned in the news last night. Not sure who is going to track who your nominated friends are....

And those 10 nominated friends will have 10 nominated friends.. and they'll have 10 nominated friends.. and they'll ..

So basically just the government trying to setup a web of infection routes that they can monitor. Then will come the vaccines they can monitor.. or other treatments..

Yes Covid is dangerous. Yes Lockdown was the right thing, Yes social distancing needed to happen and Yes we've all needed to minimise the risk of us spreading it but 10 nominated friends is stupid and a government route to direct interference and control of our lives.

More annoying though is the number of people going out for non-essential shopping - and the number of retailers encouraging it to happen. They should be ashamed but they aren't. They seem to think it's all a big joke / not real and it won't affect them or be spread by them.

It's gone nuts.

24 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

There is no scientific proof keeping 2m away from each other has any benefit at all.

This is true, there is actually no scientific proof of anything, the experts don't know where the virus came from, how it's spread or how to stop it.  Everything they have tried has not worked and if anything the countries that have tried lock down measures have just prolonged it.  It's about time that they faced up to the wider problems that this lock down is creating and decide if it's worth it.  

For me I really don't think it's worth it.  They were never supposed to be trying to stop it, it was supposed to be slowing it down so the hospitals can cope, well the hospitals are 50 percent down on patient numbers due to people not wanting to go and then on top of this we've got huge hospitals sat empty ready for covid patients.  They need to just get it over with, if we wait then it will be worse in the long run.

Was talking to a doctor yesterday and he was saying the virus can get carried along in pollution particles in the air. The only thing that's not getting the blame is climate change because the sun can kill it.