Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lock down until next year?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

New Zealand has just reported that they have completely eliminated the virus from their country. It's gone - completely.

The UK seems to have this attitude of "many will die, many will suffer but tough luck". It's the typical attitude the elite of this country have enforced on those at the bottom for years. With that said, Boris has experienced it himself and he seems to have some genuine concern for us all. Not enough but he does have some.
New Zealand is 10% larger than the UK and there population is 10 times smaller than ours no point making comparisons with countries with such big differences it's almost like comparing apples with pears. population density plays it's part far less contact and chance for the virus to spread. 

Oz has virtually done it. Probably half the size population of the UK. But they have been a lot more proactive. I.e. they booted out non citizens and government placed Aussie nationals into two week isolation upon return to OZ in city centre hotels. Plus army check points around cities backed up with thorough testing.

When you go to a doctor and say you have an illness then they usually send you for a test to confirm it. The opposite happens with this virus, they tell you to self isolate for a few weeks. No one is any the wiser and we are left in limbo. There was no procedure set up, maybe we will have one in the future.

When you go to a doctor and say you have an illness then they usually send you for a test to confirm it. The opposite happens with this virus, they tell you to self isolate for a few weeks. No one is any the wiser and we are left in limbo. There was no procedure set up, maybe we will have one in the future.
Also, with me that would mean I'd have to be isolated continuously. I get hay fever, and its bad this year so those symptoms are similar to covids. Also after a weekend binge, as Ive smoked heavier etc, often end up with a rough throat/heavier than usual smokers cough. So I have to politely ignore the advise. Ideally we'd all be able to be tested, but would need to be tested every week, not just once.

New Zealand is 10% larger than the UK and there population is 10 times smaller than ours no point making comparisons with countries with such big differences it's almost like comparing apples with pears. population density plays it's part far less contact and chance for the virus to spread. 
Which means that their number of health care staff will be proportionately smaller too.

Either way, at 10% of 65million, 6.5million is STILL a lot of people to control, test, isolate etc and yet they've done it.

Our well established country of many centuries still can't do basic things right. The only thing we seem to be able to do is build big expensive aircraft carriers that nobody seems to have asked for - all so we look big on the world stage. Shame they didn't manage to build an emergency healthcare system on that scale.

Cash doesn't scare me. Hold arms out at full length (I'd be wearing a mask anyway), take cash in glove, peel glove off over my fingers, cash is now trapped inside the glove. This is what i've been doing at petrol station etc.

Head back to vehicle and treat cash as you like - empty into a bucket / zip seal bag of disinfectant, take it home and stick in the washing machine... etc.

The polymer notes are brilliant. I've been washing all of mine by hand in the sink (along with coins obviously). Best thing the bank of england did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do all that?? Just dont handle it for four hours and covivid is dead...
Don't know about that, the research is a bit up and down.  This below is taken from the WHO website

'The most important thing to know about coronavirus on surfaces is that they can easily be cleaned with common household disinfectants that will kill the virus. Studies have shown that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, less than 4 hours on copper and less than 24 hours on cardboard.

As, always clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.'

It's only old people who still want to use cash I see no point in the use of it for going to a shop or for fuel, oldies that pay cash are asked to leave it on the window sill, I spray my gloved hands with bleach spray then the money and it goes into a zip tie bag gets another quick spray and bag is closed and money doesn't get touched for 3 days or when I remember about it, I had a custy wanting to hand me cash on Monday I told him to place down and I would pick it up after he seemed a little taken aback by this. 

Which means that their number of health care staff will be proportionately smaller too.

Either way, at 10% of 65million, 6.5million is STILL a lot of people to control, test, isolate etc and yet they've done it.

Our well established country of many centuries still can't do basic things right. The only thing we seem to be able to do is build big expensive aircraft carriers that nobody seems to have asked for - all so we look big on the world stage. Shame they didn't manage to build an emergency healthcare system on that scale.
The UK is flying the old flag of Great Britain fact is we ain't so great anymore as every government for the last 20 years or so has ballsed things up and got us into massive debt the reality is we are a small nation saddled with debt we will never pay off and each government is just bumbling it's way through. 

I still have a number of people who prefer cash payment and there not just old. Some people just don't trust online banking or handing out their bank details. 

Don't know about that, the research is a bit up and down.  This below is taken from the WHO website

'The most important thing to know about coronavirus on surfaces is that they can easily be cleaned with common household disinfectants that will kill the virus. Studies have shown that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, less than 4 hours on copper and less than 24 hours on cardboard.

As, always clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.'
I take what the (Chinese/ Bill Gates - funded) WHO - with a pinch of salt. Doctors from obscure nations.... 

It's only old people who still want to use cash I see no point in the use of it for going to a shop or for fuel, oldies that pay cash are asked to leave it on the window sill, I spray my gloved hands with bleach spray then the money and it goes into a zip tie bag gets another quick spray and bag is closed and money doesn't get touched for 3 days or when I remember about it, I had a custy wanting to hand me cash on Monday I told him to place down and I would pick it up after he seemed a little taken aback by this. 
This is where I'm using my card machine more and more for contactless payment...a lot of old people have a card....I leave my card machine on window sill,wheelie bin or garden table and they just have to hover it over the top of the machine for the transaction to go through.....?

I can't help feeling that I won't catch the virus because I had the Sars virus in 2008 when I was in bed for a week with what I thought was Spanish flu.

Last night I watched a documentary with Michael Mosley (Doctor, I think) about Small Pox. A woman farmer said she wouldn't catch Small Pox because she had caught Cow Pox and was now immune to the Pox virus. A doctor decided to believe her and gave an 8 year old boy the Cow Pox virus. After he recovered he gave him the Small Pox virus and nothing happened because he was immune to it, his body had made an antidote to fight it. The cow was called vacine of something so the doctor decided to call his antidote vaccine and that's where the word vaccinate comes from. It was pretty interesting and the same should happen with connavirus in the future. fwiw

Contactless payment is the way to go with these types of customers......
Some of my customers are adamant they won't do any form of contactless or bank transfer type of payment. Yet I am sure they pay loads of direct debits for the bills...

Tends to be the ones in really nice houses as well.

I'm certainly not gonna push them on it, so long as they keep paying cash that is fine. 

I am not like thae majority living in fear or touching or breathing in Corona.. If I catch it I will recover. 

Some of my customers are adamant they won't do any form of contactless or bank transfer type of payment. Yet I am sure they pay loads of direct debits for the bills...

I'm certainly not gonna push them on it, so long as they keep paying cash that is fine. 

I am not like thae majority living in fear or touching or breathing in Corona.. If I catch it I will recover. 
But you and @Iron Giant live in the land that time forgot ?

What a stupid thing to say. The top doctors in the world cannot save some of the young, fit people, but you ‘know’ you will recover? Stop putting cooking sherry on your coco pops ?

What fit young people? I don't know that have died do you?

The care home by me in Stanley Co Durham where 15 died the other day, on ITN news last night they now stated it MAY have been Covid....

Back