Phumble

WFP explained in simple terms.

Phumble

Hi Guys, I'm relatively new to the game, been going at it for about 4 or 5 months, so far I have only been doing traditional cleans and its served me well but as things are growing I'm considering a WFP system, I have been doing my research but I'm still left with a few questions. 

Are they all that?

If so, can someone explain simply how they work, and what exactly I will need to get started?

Cheers

PH

Joshyouare

Very simply, you need to use pure water and pump it up into a pole via a hose. You get pure water by polishing it and removing Ions from the water (I think 😂). And you can do this by either putting it through a DI Vessel or if you live in an area where the water has a high TDS then you can put an RO system before the DI Vessel. If you live near a spotless water location this may be the easiest method to get pure water when starting out.

A typical system in a van would be a tank (water storage) with a pump (to pump the water up the pole), a battery to power it, and a flow controller to adjust the flow. Then you have your hose reel, poles, brushes etc in there too.

spruce
Posted (edited)

As per @Joshyouare as he replied first. 🙂

A water fed pole system consists of a pump that pumps pure water up to a brush on the end of a telescopic pole so we can wash and rinse the window we are cleaning.

The pure water we use is deionized using reverse osmosis. A reverse osmosis membrane is like a fine filter that removes most of the dissolved minerals from the water supply. It doesn't remove all the minerals as some particles are so small they can pass through the membrane. We remove those particles by 'polishing' that water off by passing it through resin beads.

It may not be pure according to laboratory standards but its good enough to leave the window clean and not leave mineral spots behind on the glass when the droplets of water remaining after the clean have dried.

Edited by spruce

Part Timer
24 minutes ago, Phumble said:

Hi Guys, I'm relatively new to the game, been going at it for about 4 or 5 months, so far I have only been doing traditional cleans and its served me well but as things are growing I'm considering a WFP system, I have been doing my research but I'm still left with a few questions. 

Are they all that?

If so, can someone explain simply how they work, and what exactly I will need to get started?

Cheers

PH

Well to answer your question, they are like any tool, they are only as good as the person using them. The previous 2 posts have explained the other part of your post.

Phumble

Brill answers guys, very helpful.

So I will need a RO system and a DI vessel. 

When you buy a system, does it consist of a RO system, a DI vessel, a tank and pump? 

spruce
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Phumble said:

When you buy a system, does it consist of a RO system, a DI vessel, a tank and pump? 

No. You buy what you need.

Edited by spruce

Pjj
8 minutes ago, Phumble said:

You really need to know the TDS of your water before doing anything, go to a reputable window cleaning supply firm or google one near you I have no idear who’s in Ireland??? There are some guys in the forum from Ireland and they might be able to offer advice on a supplier ,and buy a TDS meter they cost  around £15-20 

Apw1210
11 hours ago, Phumble said:

Are they all that?

Cheers

PH

Long waggling stick with a brush that pumps out wet stuff when you press a button lol 

Apw1210

And if your TDS is high and you think of RO systems knowing your home mains water pressure may be the next best step 

Heres a cheap yet great pressure test gauge 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-482913-Mains-Water-Pressure/dp/B06XY8WPYS/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=garden+tap+water+pressure&qid=1596321452&sprefix=garden+tap+water+p&sr=8-12

Crystalalan
On 01/08/2020 at 12:11, Joshyouare said:

Very simply, you need to use pure water and pump it up into a pole via a hose. You get pure water by polishing it and removing Ions from the water (I think 😂). And you can do this by either putting it through a DI Vessel or if you live in an area where the water has a high TDS then you can put an RO system before the DI Vessel. If you live near a spotless water location this may be the easiest method to get pure water when starting out.

A typical system in a van would be a tank (water storage) with a pump (to pump the water up the pole), a battery to power it, and a flow controller to adjust the flow. Then you have your hose reel, poles, brushes etc in there too.

Couldnt have put it better myself.