Gardner backpack hose

Nick Mitton

22 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Question to all those who use Gardner backpack. What's the longest hose you use with it on a regular basis. Also what couplings do you prefer? 

Thanks in advance 

As listed by gardiner 20m and rectus 21. Its all on the website 

24 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Question to all those who use Gardner backpack. What's the longest hose you use with it on a regular basis. Also what couplings do you prefer? 

Thanks in advance 

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/gardiner-pure-water-backpack-v3-22-litre.html

1 minute ago, Apw1210 said:

As listed by gardiner 20m and rectus 21. Its all on the website 

Yeah seen on website but some have suggested that some use longer hose.... Just checking 

7 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Yeah seen on website but some have suggested that some use longer hose.... Just checking 

Forget what everyone else does and stick to the spec. If you use longer and your pump fails you can only blame yourself. It's only a backpack at the end of the day. Tiny diaphragm pump piddly battery and flow control 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

The more you stress your tools the faster they fail! The BP is a tool to enable you to earn money, so it's critical. For the sake of walking a few meters don't go over 20m.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Little Confused, is it 20m plus hose in pole or includeing? 

9 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Little Confused, is it 20m plus hose in pole or includeing? 

If you look at the techy info on the link above this is the statement:

'Pump not warrantied if used with extension hose longer than 20m (not including pole hose length)' 

5 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

If you look at the techy info on the link above this is the statement:

'Pump not warrantied if used with extension hose longer than 20m (not including pole hose length)' 

Thanks, that clears it up for me👍

56 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

20m is 20m if a backpack has 3 foot of hose you'd expect a pole to have 60 feet 

Pole is sold with 10m of hose, BP doesn't come with any (no option) was looking at buying 20m hose? 

40 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Pole is sold with 10m of hose, BP doesn't come with any (no option) was looking at buying 20m hose? 

I'd say 10m of hose, as you say pole comes with 10m

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

If you are buying a Gardiners backpack it's sold with a few feet of hose as standard. The more hose you had the less flow you get 

• Like 1

I've used one with 100m of 6mm hose in the past and was fine for about 9 months then the pump couldn't handle it anymore. 

A pump is about 20 quid max on amazon though so is doable.

Edited by Dave B
  • Agree 2
17 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

If you are buying a Gardiners backpack it's sold with a few feet of hose as standard. The more hose you had the less flow you get 

OK, doesn't mention anything about hose so thanks for heads up. 

7 minutes ago, Dave B said:

I've used one with 109m of 6mm hose in the past and was fine for about 9 months then the pump couldn't handle it anymore. 

A pump is about 20 quid max on amazon though so is doable.

Thanks Dave, was it easy to swap? 

29 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

I'd like to think they have been pressure tested from the brush back to the unit, and there's ya 20m maximum they advise. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

I'd like to think they have been pressure tested from the brush back to the unit, and there's ya 20m maximum they advise. 

I think he wants a mile of hose Ian. Have left sufficient advice and warnings 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, Apw1210 said:

I think he wants a mile of hose Ian. Have left sufficient advice and warnings 

I been using mine for some practice. As I said to Nick ,I got 11.5 m of pole hose with my pole. I've not even fully extended that. If I need I just move the trolley I've got it on. 

31 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

Think I'll go for the 20m Inc pole 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Nick Mitton said:

OK, doesn't mention anything about hose so thanks for heads up. 

Thanks Dave, was it easy to swap? 

Yes.. piece of pee.

Just need to either fit 2 female spade terminals to the wires to the new pump or just solder them on.

2 minute job.

• Like 1

Alex from Gardiners has stated on here that over 20m hose he won't honour the warranty but for the price of cheap pumps it's up to you.

I changed my pump for a viton seal chemical resistant one for softwashing once mine died and only cost me 25 quid.

To be honest at 105 quid they are a throwaway item anyway if they break.

Just buy 2 and have a spare.

When I used a backpack from my car when I changed to wfp I had about 35m of hose on ot and always dumped it by the side gate and could do the whole house unless it was a real big house.