Oil on brush head

I cleaned a commercial property last week and as I cleaned the side door I got some kind of oil from the hinges on my brush head.Β 

Any ideas on how to clean it off? I have soaked it but hasn't budged.Β 

Thanks in advance. πŸ˜πŸ‘

scottish cleaning service

It sounds like grease and you don't want to clean windows with it or you will streak all the glass, been there. You could try neat degreaser with a cloth and painstakingly go through the brush. IfΒ old toss it and use a new one, you will quickly find that it pays to have plenty of brushes close at hand.

A bit of washing up liquid in a bowl of warm water and run your fingers through the bristles , or Virosol or similar in warm water let it soak if needs be , hopefully will remove it .Β 

I'd drop in a 20% TFR solution and leave it overnight. In the morning give it a good scrub then put a good rinse with warm water. If that doesn't sort it then I'd bin it.

Thanks chaps, will give the degreaser/TFR soak a go πŸ‘

Fortunately its one of my many brush heads, altho it is a dupont supreme and one of my favs. 😒

I have a new super lite dupont I havent tried yet tho so at least tomorrow is sorted πŸ˜πŸ‘

ShropsWindowCleaner
1 hour ago, JBC said:

Thanks chaps, will give the degreaser/TFR soak a go πŸ‘

Fortunately its one of my many brush heads, altho it is a dupont supreme and one of my favs. 😒

I have a new super lite dupont I havent tried yet tho so at least tomorrow is sorted πŸ˜πŸ‘

This happened to me once, with anti vandal grease. However, i cleaned a whole commercial property before i realised 😩 To clean my brush i soaked it for three days, changing the water everyday,Β in a bucketΒ using Citrosol (citrus degreaser) diluted in water. A good strong solution though. Β Worked a treat. Although i used it on my kitchen first to test. πŸ‘πŸ»

A good solution of degrease and soak in warm water the a good rinse should work..my take a couple time to get clean.Β 

At least you got some fall back brushes πŸ˜‰

3 hours ago, swc1 said:

A good solution of degrease and soak in warm water the a good rinse should work..my take a couple time to get clean.Β 

At least you got some fall back brushes πŸ˜‰

Popped it in a bucket of degreaser this morning, will see how it looks tonight πŸ‘

Enjoying the dupont superlite, very fast brush πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜

56 minutes ago, JBC said:

Enjoying the dupont superlite, very fast brush πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜

We use them on all of our poles, especially good when working 40'+

22 hours ago, JBC said:

A couple of days soaking in neat degreaser and the supreme is back in business, thanks for the suggestions chaps πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ»

Β 

That's good, a little soak normally does the trick.Β