Jump to content

Extending Phantom Hi-Mod pole for Solar Panel cleaning


Recommended Posts

Hi, I've got a 30ft hi-mod pole which I've used for window cleaning for a about a year. 

I want to extend it to 45ft so I can do solar panels from the ground, so I think I need to buy section 6,7 & 8 to make it 45ft - but the base cap only goes up to section 7?

Looked around but can't seem to find one that will fit.

 

Whilst I'm on the subject, are the Unger nLite® Radius Solar Brush Head any good for Solar Panel cleaning over say an Xline?

 

Any help appreciated

Edited by Cleanz
Link to post

I use an xtreme 47 for solar panel cleaning.....I use a 90degree carbon gooseneck and xtreme brush with fan jets so the brush is flat on the panels....

  • Like 2
Link to post

Tried phoning them several times but not been able to get through, does anyone know if a base for section 7 will fit section 8?

You don't seem to be able to buy them anywhere....

Link to post
12 minutes ago, Cleanz said:

Tried phoning them several times but not been able to get through, does anyone know if a base for section 7 will fit section 8?

You don't seem to be able to buy them anywhere....

Have a look at https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/end-cap-for-all-gardiner-poles.html

They list end caps up to #14 with diameters. So you should find one that fits. Also I believe if you email them they will use 2nd class royal mail at reduced cost for small purchases.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Have a look at https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/end-cap-for-all-gardiner-poles.html

They list end caps up to #14 with diameters. So you should find one that fits. Also I believe if you email them they will use 2nd class royal mail at reduced cost for small purchases.

Do Gardiners end caps fit phantom poles ??? Wouldn’t have thought so ??

you don’t want to put a quality end cap on a rubbish pole either 😂😂😂🤪🤪

Edited by Pjj
  • Haha 3
Link to post
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

Do Gardiners end caps fit phantom poles ??? Wouldn’t have thought so ??

you don’t want to put a quality end cap on a rubbish pole either 😂😂😂🤪🤪

Gardiner quote the diameter of pole they fit so there should be one close enough to fit 🙂  The go up in 3mm increments.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Do Gardiners end caps fit phantom poles ??? Wouldn’t have thought so ??

you don’t want to put a quality end cap on a rubbish pole either 😂😂😂🤪🤪

I think they copied the specs of Gardiners poles years ago, so they might just fit 

Link to post

Thanks for the suggestions on the base caps

Surprised at the hate directed towards the Phantom's, not had any problems with them personally and the poles seem exactly the same as Gardiners but with better clamps....

My last Gardiner pole (an Slx-35), one clamp came off within 2 weeks of owning and Gardiners just sent me some glue, then another clamp about a month later and they refused to send me a new pole.  

I had owed Slx's before that, that I had no problems with and lasted a long time - so I'm not sure if something changed along the way??

  • Like 1
Link to post
9 minutes ago, Cleanz said:

Thanks for the suggestions on the base caps

Surprised at the hate directed towards the Phantom's, not had any problems with them personally and the poles seem exactly the same as Gardiners but with better clamps....

My last Gardiner pole (an Slx-35), one clamp came off within 2 weeks of owning and Gardiners just sent me some glue, then another clamp about a month later and they refused to send me a new pole.  

I had owed Slx's before that, that I had no problems with and lasted a long time - so I'm not sure if something changed along the way??

I don't think there is any hate, just banter.

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
1 minute ago, Martyn said:

I don't think there is any hate, just banter.

 

Just a turn of phrase, wondered if there was any substance in it is all.  I'm looking some new poles before the  tax comes in, not sure what the latest and greatest are?  I keep hearing good things about Boss poles?  I wouldn't go back to Gardiners myself

Link to post
5 minutes ago, Cleanz said:

Just a turn of phrase, wondered if there was any substance in it is all.  I'm looking some new poles before the  tax comes in, not sure what the latest and greatest are?  I keep hearing good things about Boss poles?  I wouldn't go back to Gardiners myself

I have a extreme 25’ with extreme extensions to 35’ plus slx 8 and 9 extensions to take me to 44’ I know that’s not what you don’t to hear but what I’m trying to say is If you not prepared to buy gardiner poles again completely your choice I fully respect that 👍 and you can’t get extensions for your pole of choice the only other option I should to buy a 44’ pole I personally can’t see another alternative. 

Try out the boss poles then maybe you could do a review I have read a couple of people say they are good on FB I would like to know how their HIMOD poles compare to the Gardiner extreme pole. 

Link to post
11 hours ago, Cleanz said:

Thanks for the suggestions on the base caps

Surprised at the hate directed towards the Phantom's, not had any problems with them personally and the poles seem exactly the same as Gardiners but with better clamps....

My last Gardiner pole (an Slx-35), one clamp came off within 2 weeks of owning and Gardiners just sent me some glue, then another clamp about a month later and they refused to send me a new pole.  

I had owed Slx's before that, that I had no problems with and lasted a long time - so I'm not sure if something changed along the way??

Defo not hate at all, I think the way in which a certain person conducted himself online some years ago when the Phoenix or Phantom pole was realised may have put some people off buying from them. 

I have only ever had one clamp come loose on a pole I just went out and bought some super glue and it never budged at all, I wouldn't expect to be given a replacement pole because 2 clamps came loose.

Speaking for myself I am just so use to using Gardiners poles and all the fittings for around 8 years now, I am stuck with what I'm so used to as I don't like change also there customer service has always been very good. 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Defo not hate at all, I think the way in which a certain person conducted himself online some years ago when the Phoenix or Phantom pole was realised may have put some people off buying from them. 

I have only ever had one clamp come loose on a pole I just went out and bought some super glue and it never budged at all, I wouldn't expect to be given a replacement pole because 2 clamps came loose.

Speaking for myself I am just so use to using Gardiners poles and all the fittings for around 8 years now, I am stuck with what I'm so used to as I don't like change also there customer service has always been very good. 

The clamps weren't just loose, they came off entirely - which for a brand new product isn't acceptable.

I've had several poles from Gardiners, over the years - but had many problems with thier poles in the last years I was using them -  that was the icing on the cake.  Seems like somethiing wasn't right after a time, whether or not it was just bad luck or poor quality control, I don't know.

 

Edited by Cleanz
  • Agree 2
Link to post
12 hours ago, Cleanz said:

The clamps weren't just loose, they came off entirely - which for a brand new product isn't acceptable.

I've had several poles from Gardiners, over the years - but had many problems with thier poles in the last years I was using them -  that was the icing on the cake.  Seems like somethiing wasn't right after a time, whether or not it was just bad luck or poor quality control, I don't know.

 

It does appear that if you dare post your own personal experience regarding anything to do with Gardiners you will get shot down. Without doubt they are the best poles but not perfect.

I ordered a load of stuff a few months ago and they sent me the wrong brushes. No apologies just a request what names were on the packing list and was then told to send them back and when they received them they would then send me the 2 brushes I actually ordered. Must have thought I wasn't going to send them back and keep them.

Link to post
12 hours ago, Cleanz said:

The clamps weren't just loose, they came off entirely - which for a brand new product isn't acceptable.

I've had several poles from Gardiners, over the years - but had many problems with thier poles in the last years I was using them -  that was the icing on the cake.  Seems like somethiing wasn't right after a time, whether or not it was just bad luck or poor quality control, I don't know.

 

Fair do's if you've had multiple issues, 

Link to post
21 minutes ago, ksp said:

I’ve had a 22ft hi-mod for roughly 15 months now and can’t fault it. Genuinely, can’t fault it. 

Yes but you haven’t un packed and used it yet 😂😂😂😂

Link to post
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

Yes but you haven’t un packed and used it yet 😂😂😂😂

Hahahaha! No, i’ve had good innings out of it else I wouldn’t have put my 2 pence in. A clamp failed for a reason I can’t precisely recall, something happened when I was tightening it, but the beauty is you can buy a new one to replace it for something like a tenner. Other than that it’s been fantastic.

I use it as you shouldn’t, close windows with it and haven’t been fastidious in cleaning and maintaining it. I break it down to clean and spray it approximately once a month. I’d recommend it. 
 

If I were to get another pole I’d look at the ova-8. I’m sold on the shape stopping you from gripping it too tightly. I’m 34 and plan to be still walking, singing and dancing when I’m in my 70s so something small like that I see having a noticeable benefit for the future me. 

Link to post
11 hours ago, Part Timer said:

It does appear that if you dare post your own personal experience regarding anything to do with Gardiners you will get shot down. Without doubt they are the best poles but not perfect.

I ordered a load of stuff a few months ago and they sent me the wrong brushes. No apologies just a request what names were on the packing list and was then told to send them back and when they received them they would then send me the 2 brushes I actually ordered. Must have thought I wasn't going to send them back and keep them.

I don't think it's that as such, I have not had a bad experience with Gardiners so I can only reply based on my experience.

I think asking you to send them back first before they would send the correct brushes out is bad. especially when they will look at you account and order history and how much you will have spent with them, that should have been enough to immediately send out the correct items as it was completely there fault. 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.