Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No Van No Work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Will ask my mechanic mate to have a look tomorrow and see if it’s worth sorting out or not as I know nothing about these new fangled engines.

That sucks mate. Whats your plan?

I'm assuming it’s the cam belt as I've not looked under the bonnet yet so you never know it might just be something like the drive belt gone instead fingers crossed.

Sorry to here that @Smurf I have had vehicle trouble since last friday I had a friend drop me off monday and tuesday and then went to the auction picked up a 2003 berlingo Van/Car thing lol for £750 really tidy aswell just needs a service think I got lucky /emoticons/tongue.png. Hope everything goes well.

I lost a costumer for being 4 days late! She said your never late! So I found a more reliable window cleaner - I said good luck and walked away. When she phones me in 3 months asking for me back I will double the price /emoticons/smile.png.

Thanks josh and sounds like you got a good deal on your van :thumbsup:

There is nowt queerer than folk for sure so fare play to you for taking her back.

Ill post a picture up for you soon just waiting for it to upload /emoticons/smile.png.

I hope its not your cam belt! last thing I would want. Definitely getting mine serviced at the end of the month, I had a cam belt go once I found it cheaper just to change the engine depends what van you have thou /emoticons/smile.png.

After having a quick look the good news it's not the cam belt after all but the auxilary drive belt is missing. Should have one by tomorrow as the local motor factor is getting one in for me as dosen't have the one I want in stock. A new drive belt costs only £9.98 plus fitting so hopfully it's just that. Fingers crossed. /emoticons/smile.png

P.s the weather is really bad (heavy rain & gusting winds) so I could not have worked today even if the van was working./emoticons/biggrin.png

They are solid engines :thumbsup: just the rest of the vehicle lol, my grandad has the 1.9d citroen ZX 150,000 miles never skipped a beat and I now have one as well /emoticons/smile.png. Really slow but I'll get used to it /emoticons/unsure.png

Wait till it's fully loaded as sometimes I think it would be quicker to walk instead as it's thats slow especially going up hills./emoticons/biggrin.png

Back