Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

17ft pole sizing.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Morning all downsizing pole to try and maintain sholder pains I keep getting.

Looking at going from a 25ft to a 17ft pole as my everyday pole.

Will this comfortably get first floor house windows?

Morning all downsizing pole to try and maintain sholder pains I keep getting.

Looking at going from a 25ft to a 17ft pole as my everyday pole.

Will this comfortably get first floor house windows?
Yes although some windows above conservatory's may be a issue. I use a 22 as my daily pole. As I can do all windows over conservatory's on my round

Yes although some windows above conservatory's may be a issue. I use a 22 as my daily pole. As I can do all windows over conservatory's on my round
Good point there.
After a month I will figure out what I will need bigger pole on but difference in weight is 335 grams. Which I'm hoping will help.ease these burning pains in the sholder

Good point there.
After a month I will figure out what I will need bigger pole on but difference in weight is 335 grams. Which I'm hoping will help.ease these burning pains in the sholder
My work partner uses the clx 18 as his daily pole, and just swaps out to the bigger pole as needed. He has ms so the light pole has made a huge difference. He also prefers the clx 18 over the slx as at that length the flex is actually helpful for some windows and the weight difference is not that much.

Also the reduced diameter of the clx 18 make gripping it much easier which helps with firearms and his shoulders.

If you don't already I recommend going tubeless as you can swap between poles extremely fast

My work partner uses the clx 18 as his daily pole, and just swaps out to the bigger pole as needed. He has ms so the light pole has made a huge difference. He also prefers the clx 18 over the slx as at that length the flex is actually helpful for some windows and the weight difference is not that much.

Also the reduced diameter of the clx 18 make gripping it much easier which helps with firearms and his shoulders.

If you don't already I recommend going tubeless as you can swap between poles extremely fast
Thanks mate already tubeless good tip though. I think it just makes sense why carry the extra weight round daily if I have other poles for the job

This is where I struggle I do have Light weight gardiner brushes but I do like the wfp king brush I've bought difference in weight around 40 g heavier but doing what I'm doing will make a difference. Just about maintaining and keeping the body from breaking down more.

This is where I struggle I do have Light weight gardiner brushes but I do like the wfp king brush I've bought difference in weight around 40 g heavier but doing what I'm doing will make a difference. Just about maintaining and keeping the body from breaking down more.
Do u use long or short gooseneck?

I love the long one as it makes cills and other things easier to access, however iv found it puts more strain on me so iv swapped to the short. It also helps with heavery brushes

Remember that although it's only 40grams heavier all that weight is acting as a lever as it's 17ft away from you. So 40 gms will be magnified, I just used a basic fulcrum calculator and a 40gram extra brush weigh on a 17ft pole held at the bottom 2ft gives an extra load of 250gms! It's a very basic and rough calculation but it gives you an idea of the real extra load an extra 40gms on the end of your pole actually makes.

Reducing the pole weight is a factor but the reduced weight is all along the pole, mainly at the bottom as you wouldn't be extending the sections when at 17ft on a longer pole. As @Part Timer says use a light brush to make more difference on your body.

Remember that although it's only 40grams heavier all that weight is acting as a lever as it's 17ft away from you. So 40 gms will be magnified, I just used a basic fulcrum calculator and a 40gram extra brush weigh on a 17ft pole held at the bottom 2ft gives an extra load of 250gms! It's a very basic and rough calculation but it gives you an idea of the real extra load an extra 40gms on the end of your pole actually makes.

Reducing the pole weight is a factor but the reduced weight is all along the pole, mainly at the bottom as you wouldn't be extending the sections when at 17ft on a longer pole. As @Part Timer says use a light brush to make more difference on your body.
Good man thank you between you and spruce your my google to wfp ?

I'm a short a$$ 5ft and shrinking so a 22ft SLX is my daily pole I can reach the vast majority of my work even some townhouses without dormer windows, I've had shoulder issues on and off for years, sticking a brick of brush on the end of a lightweight pole doesn't help at all I will now only ever use a 26cm Xtreme sill brush.

I'm not tubless, but I will swap out my 40' pole for my SLX27 at the earliest opportunity. They say that you lose 3 to 5% of your strength a year after you reach 30 years of age. I lost 50% of mine last year. :cry:

Latest Posts

Back