Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4040 RO Booster Pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So after 5 years my pump is on its last legs. Thinking of replacing it with this one from water genie….

XLine still sell one. It’s likely the same painted orange. But it’s a little more expensive. Interested to see if anyone else has experience of the one from Water Genie. Particularly interested to know about a shut off as I use a solenoid float valve.

As always any help would be appreciated
I bought the water genie one about 18 months ago and it's been fine, only uses about 300 watts too. I have a Spring fill & flow controller that shuts off the water inlet water supply when my tank is full (float switch and solenoid). I added a 12v dc relay to the water inlet solenoid cables to control the 240v power on the booster pump. I removed the hozeloc type connectors as I wasn't sure they are up to 80psi plus.

I bought the water genie one about 18 months ago and it's been fine, only uses about 300 watts too. I have a Spring fill & flow controller that shuts off the water inlet water supply when my tank is full (float switch and solenoid). I added a 12v dc relay to the water inlet solenoid cables to control the 240v power on the booster pump. I removed the hozeloc type connectors as I wasn't sure they are up to 80psi plus.
That's an interesting option. I have a spare battery knocking around the garage. It's one of the knock off ones Grippa sold me that died pretty quickly. Clearly they're never going to sort out the issue so I may as well make use of it. I don't imagine they use much power? Is the solenoids natural state set to closed?

That's an interesting option. I have a spare battery knocking around the garage. It's one of the knock off ones Grippa sold me that died pretty quickly. Clearly they're never going to sort out the issue so I may as well make use of it. I don't imagine they use much power? Is the solenoids natural state set to closed?
Yes solenoid is normally closed when no power to it. It's best to use 12v to float switch, solenoid, then to a 12v relay to control the 240v booster.
The 12v doesn't have to be a battery it could be a mains 12v adapter.
The wiring is quite simple but 240vac is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing especially if there is water close by.
Basically the 12 power +ve goes 'through' the float switch so when float is up it disconnects the 12v from the solenoid shutting off the flow. Then just 2 cables from the 12v solenoid to a 12v dc relay with that cutting 240vac power to the pump. Obviously all appropriately fused and protected from water etc.

Hope that makes sence?

Yes solenoid is normally closed when no power to it. It's best to use 12v to float switch, solenoid, then to a 12v relay to control the 240v booster.
The 12v doesn't have to be a battery it could be a mains 12v adapter.
The wiring is quite simple but 240vac is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing especially if there is water close by.
Basically the 12 power +ve goes 'through' the float switch so when float is up it disconnects the 12v from the solenoid shutting off the flow. Then just 2 cables from the 12v solenoid to a 12v dc relay with that cutting 240vac power to the pump. Obviously all appropriately fused and protected from water etc.

Hope that makes sence?
Nope, not at all. But I will work it out. Usually do haha.

If you want a diagram I can probably sort that out - won't be pretty but will show you what to do :)
I’ll be honest I don’t know that the diagram will help. I know how to wire the shut off. My issue is the pump shut off. The system I currently have has an add on, sits on top of the pump and helps to shut it down when the solenoid kicks in and the pressure builds if that makes sense.

Latest Posts

Back