Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone working in between Xmas and New year?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I haven't worked the between Christmas and New Year week in over 10 years. But this year I decided to ? did Thursday Friday. Mainly because I'm off for a week the first week in Feb anyway so I thought I'd keep things ticking over this year. All the customers were absolutely fine tbh, lots of cups of tea etc. probably won't do it next year though ?

Well I recommend not working it. Had a great break with darts, football, drinking and quality time with friends and family.
Totally refreshed and don’t mind going back to work on Tuesday ?.

Sod work ?
I've had some quality time with family and our dogs, but a bit too much time with my wife, so I am looking forward to getting back to work on Tuesday then she is to Poland on Thursday for a few nights ?

I've had some quality time with family and our dogs, but a bit too much time with my wife, so I am looking forward to getting back to work on Tuesday then she is to Poland on Thursday for a few nights ?
This is why in my opinion, the secret to a happy marriage is not to be together constantly.
I go fishing with mates which my wife has no interest in. When I go Millwall home games I leave in the morning and don’t get home till the pubs shut. Friday nights is lads night over my local and I generally have two foreign breaks with mates.
She is no wallflower so also has separate holidays, she often goes Charlton home games with friends, and goes to a different pub on Fridays.
We have lots of holidays together, go to lots of ska/skinhead bands with mutual friends, so lead a life where we appreciate the time we have together. ?
So for those who a having a bit of a tough time in their relationship, forget councillors, just become an angling, Millwall supporting skinhead ?

Last edited:
This is why in my opinion, the secret to a happy marriage is not to be together constantly.
I go fishing with mates which my wife has no interest in. When I go Millwall home games I leave in the morning and don’t get home till the pubs shut. Friday nights is lads night over my local and I generally have two foreign breaks with mates.
She is no wallflower so also has separate holidays, she often goes Charlton home games with friends, and goes to a different pub on Fridays.
We have lots of holidays together, go to lots of ska/skinhead bands with mutual friends, so lead a life where we appreciate the time we have together. ?
So for those who a having a bit of a tough time in their relationship, forget councillors, just become an angling, Millwall supporting skinhead ?
Totally agree, got to have our interests and separate time, my wife and I go away almost every weekend in the spring and summer.

I remember the collapsing fence and dog ? ?

Alternatively people could get a dog and just walk out of the door,

when we used to live near a river in the village I grew up in I had a ledger rod in the shed ready to go as soon as my wife started nagging me I'd be straight out the back door and down to the river and go back an hour or so later.

Best thing is don't get married at all and live in separate homes...my missus loves roller skating so goes to the roller rink once or twice a week,she also loves dancing so goes to the local clubbercise classes too.

I love the gym and drumming but we never go on separate holidays.we always go together!
Over 11 years we ve been together.??

Best thing is don't get married at all and live in separate homes...my missus loves roller skating so goes to the roller rink once or twice a week,she also loves dancing so goes to the local clubbercise classes too.

I love the gym and drumming but we never go on separate holidays.we always go together!
Over 11 years we ve been together.??
This is why you've got so much money ?

Hi just wondering if anyone is working in between Christmas and New year, I usually take a week off but I can’t really afford to take time off this year, so was gonna just try and do the 27th 28th and 29th. do customers usually mind if you come then? Was gonna maybe message all jobs due next week with the option to come next week or the first week of January.
Sorry i am late this is no problem i have let my lads work those days and they get back to work on the second day of the year also. hope all goes well Carl

I'm sorry but I think the whole tone of this comment is somewhat unnecessary and unkind. For all you know some people actually are desperate, so why belittle them?
And if you're earning 100 grand a year good luck to you, but that's not a typical income in this industry
Agreed, I don’t recall the word desperate originally being used, I bet he always caught the biggest fish as well !!

I'm sorry but I think the whole tone of this comment is somewhat unnecessary and unkind. For all you know some people actually are desperate, so why belittle them?
And if you're earning 100 grand a year good luck to you, but that's not a typical income in this industry
Agreed, I don’t recall the word desperate being used, I bet he always caught the biggest fish as well !!

I reckon maybe just ask them if they would like their windows cleaned but I definately wouldn`t just turn up.
i
Hi just wondering if anyone is working in between Christmas and New year, I usually take a week off but I can’t really afford to take time off this year, so was gonna just try and do the 27th 28th and 29th. do customers usually mind if you come then? Was gonna maybe message all jobs due next week with the option to come next week or the first week of January.
I know this is a late reply, but many people like to go into the New Year with clean windows, so bear this in mind for next year.

I was going to work last week but ended up not and I'm so glad I didn't haha, first actual break I've had since I started and it was well needed.

i

I know this is a late reply, but many people like to go into the New Year with clean windows, so bear this in mind for next year
i

I know this is a late reply, but many people like to go into the New Year with clean windows, so bear this in mind for next year.
what??
Most people want to lose weight, lead a healthier lifestyle, drink less or give up smoking for the new year.
I’ve never in my lifetime heard someone say ‘The one thing I want for the new year is clean windows’ ?‍♂️

We get the second off aswell up here. Most go back tomorrow while some are off until next Monday. Think il go back Thursday and Friday half days then get back into it on Monday.

For those who are having the time off and watching the darts this afternoon, look out for some Oompa Loompas!
I’ll try to get one of those cards they hold up. I’ll put ‘hello forum’ on it ??
Are you at the Darts final tonight? I saw someone holding a card up with Fu-ck Dry January wrote on it, I thought of you straight away ?

Are you at the Darts final tonight? I saw someone holding a card up with Fu-ck Dry January wrote on it, I thought of you straight away ?
Totally agree with the statement on dry January!
No wasn’t at the final. My mate only joined the PDC last year so could only get 6 tickets for the earlier rounds.
Brilliant but expensive. I pay £4.40 a pint in my local, £5.50 when I go Millwall as I’m then in inner London, but at the Allexander palace it was £8 a pint!!
Still would recommend it though, great atmosphere and a great laugh ?

Latest Posts

Back