Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone working in between Xmas and New year?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I originally was going to take it off, but I'm working Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday.

I do 4 days a week so it works fine for me, but also I'm going on holiday for a week on the 9th Jan, then at the start of Feb need another week off for my wife having an operation. So I can't really justify having a week off now just for the sake of it lol will end up 3 weeks behind with work within a month lol

I originally was going to take it off, but I'm working Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday.

I do 4 days a week so it works fine for me, but also I'm going on holiday for a week on the 9th Jan, then at the start of Feb need another week off for my wife having an operation. So I can't really justify having a week off now just for the sake of it lol will end up 3 weeks behind with work within a month lol
Doubt your customers will even be bothered if you did have the time off.
I’m coming back home from abroad today, but have no intention of working until the new year.
Then on January 8th I’m abroad again for a week and have no intention on trying to ‘catch up’ when I get back.
I think some on here over worry about gaps between cleans.
I’m always going abroad and have never had anyone moan ?‍♂️

Doubt your customers will even be bothered if you did have the time off.
I’m coming back home from abroad today, but have no intention of working until the new year.
Then on January 8th I’m abroad again for a week and have no intention on trying to ‘catch up’ when I get back.
I think some on here over worry about gaps between cleans.
I’m always going abroad and have never had anyone moan ?‍♂️
Yeah some will winge which did before when I had a week off and 95% won't but I'm not doing anything else and don't really care for days off unless I'm actually doing something.

As much as I don't actually want to work, I'm going to just go in and look forward to holiday

Then you've taken it the wrong way and chose to see an Insult rather than solid advice; but everyone takes offence these days it seems....

The guy was moaning about not being able to take time off over new year. I'm just offering a solution and suggesting that if he still has 5 working days before Christmas he can just work like a trojan and earn good money now rather than drag it out over Christmas. I don't earn anywhere near 100k I'm far too lazy for that only work 20 hours or so a week but if I put in 40 plus like I'm suggesting to this chap then at 50 quid an hour there's no reason he couldn't earn a couple of grand. He must have the work so just pull it forward.
No, I didn't choose to see an insult, it's the way it came across and I clearly wasn't the ony person to think so judging by the numbers agreeing with it.
But you're aying I was wrong to take it that way and I completely accept that. And you're right, far too many people are over sensitive and looking to find offence these days but I'm not one of them and I'm not looking for a row either. Just made an observation

Hi just wondering if anyone is working in between Christmas and New year, I usually take a week off but I can’t really afford to take time off this year, so was gonna just try and do the 27th 28th and 29th. do customers usually mind if you come then? Was gonna maybe message all jobs due next week with the option to come next week or the first week of January.
To cheer you up a bit things change in life. I used to be homeless, sleeping rough in the cold in central London. Now I am on my way to recruit my first employee (part-time). Never give up. Hoping for 2024 to bring you many good things!

To cheer you up a bit things change in life. I used to be homeless, sleeping rough in the cold in central London. Now I am on my way to recruit my first employee (part-time). Never give up. Hoping for 2024 to bring you many good things!
Well done goes to show , hard work and determination and you can do well , good luck with your expansion ?

I’m from w10 originally and unfortunately the amount of people rough sleeping seems to be increasing every year
So glad you got on your feet again
Keep it up
As fletch would say “don’t let the barstewards grind you down”

Hi just wondering if anyone is working in between Christmas and New year, I usually take a week off but I can’t really afford to take time off this year, so was gonna just try and do the 27th 28th and 29th. do customers usually mind if you come then? Was gonna maybe message all jobs due next week with the option to come next week or the first week of January.
I always work straight after Boxing Day. All I get are a few friendly raised eyebrows but no one has ever said no. As long as you’re friendly and say you’re trying to make the most of the weather opportunities no one seems to mind. Most of its in our head.

Latest Posts

Back