Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

back pain starting to creep in

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’ve been having a pain in my left arm. Opposite side of my elbow. It’s sore when I push it out straight, feels like tendons what ever the **** I’ve done ?

To help recovery might sound stupid but it does help your body repair itself faster, is increasing your protein intake i.e. why protein isolate shakes, are a very quick solution.

A couple of drinks of that makes a big difference to muscle recovery. You do need to drink it everyday in my opinion.

Its mainly used for weightlifters/bodybuilders to repair damaged muscle tissue after a weights workout, we damage our muscle tissue everyday. Thats why after a hard days work your muscles/tendons feel sore.

I’ve been having a pain in my left arm. Opposite side of my elbow. It’s sore when I push it out straight, feels like tendons what ever the **** I’ve done ?
Are you lifting your reel in and out of the van? I had this last year which assumed was tennis elbow I bought a support of Amazon and it did the trick over a period of weeks and I've had no bother for months now  

fixed electric reel in your van,100m of 6mm hose,xtreme poles and brushes,rinse on the glass for most upper windows

strength training and a bit of cardio in the gym 3 times a week,good high protein diet,stretching/yoga every day even if its only 5 mins worth

5 or 6 hours "on the glass" a day (max) 4 or 5 days a week

spread add on jobs like conny roofs,f/s/g jobs throughout the week,dont try and do more than one or two a day....

i very rarely have any problems and im 47 and been window cleaning 26 years(9 years WFP).....the odd ache and pain but nothing that doesnt go away after a couple of days...

Are you lifting your reel in and out of the van? I had this last year which assumed was tennis elbow I bought a support of Amazon and it did the trick over a period of weeks and I've had no bother for months now  

No mate I’ve electric reels. I’m starting to think it could be from doing awkward windows over conservatories. I think I’ll try one of them support things as it’s not getting any better 

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I started getting muscle spasms around 8 weeks ago and they floored me which sounds  a little similar to you, but I was unable to work and couldn't risk driving at all in case they kicked off as the pain is so bad I can't move once they start, I am now on muscle relaxants and have been for 3 weeks got an MRI scan next week to check on my spine, I had to have @THL4KEL rescue me to get gear in the van he even got my prescription later that day.
Just a little update I had my MRI on Saturday the guy said I would probably get a call from my GP in around 7-10 days I got a phone call today saying I have wear on one of my discs and it's inflamed so I am in for blood tests tomorrow and will have to see a consultant at the hospital in the coming weeks as the GP is concerned ? So my message is if you are having issues which aren't getting better and you are just manning up and getting on with it don't, get yourself to the GP and if your not happy which I wasn't with two GP's decisions I pushed for the MRI "then do so"

Just a little update I had my MRI on Saturday the guy said I would probably get a call from my GP in around 7-10 days I got a phone call today saying I have wear on one of my discs and it's inflamed so I am in for blood tests tomorrow and will have to see a consultant at the hospital in the coming weeks as the GP is concerned ? So my message is if you are having issues which aren't getting better and you are just manning up and getting on with it don't, get yourself to the GP and if your not happy which I wasn't with two GP's decisions I pushed for the MRI "then do so"
Sounds bad man, the worst things happen to the people who least deserve it ?

That's a tough doing, I G. I hope it all improves greatly for you. I'm a believer in pacing myself, proper rest, stretching and a good soak in a hot bath. 

Thanks for the advice about getting checked out if we need to. Good luck to you. 

That's a tough doing, I G. I hope it all improves greatly for you. I'm a believer in pacing myself, proper rest, stretching and a good soak in a hot bath. 

Thanks for the advice about getting checked out if we need to. Good luck to you. 
Aye. The biggest thing i’ve been neglecting is eating. Need calories in this game and a fair amout of em too. I’ve been skipping breakfast and dinner on a regular basis for years and eating big in the evenings. Need to eat more in the days.

hot bath now for the win

That's very true. But more importantly than eating big is to eat well. As close to the hunter / forager /Mediterranean diet as sensibly possible, I reckon. ?

Thanks, lads, I am an optimistic person and believe in staying positive only time will tell but making small changes I know will help, having the reel in the van now has definitely helped this week and in the last 5 weeks things have been good compared to recent months, my issues started back in November and I just cracked on despite struggling some days.

That's very true. But more importantly than eating big is to eat well. As close to the hunter / forager /Mediterranean diet as sensibly possible, I reckon. ?
Nee chance in my house my wife is a vegan and the cook 

Because our work is physically demanding, we need more calories and more protein to repair the damaged muscle tissue.

Latest Posts

Back