Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bank Holiday

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hotwash your right why jeopardise your business by working in rain

when you know that it is frowned on.light rain ok , when it is hitting the windows no no

the customers dont like you working in the rain , the trad cleaners leave there windows dry sills dry that is what the customers want and used to

i know where your coming from gd topic how many times you go to windows not dirty but had heavy rain its the wind the problem

BUT thats your experience Duncs it dosent necessary mean its across the board, thing is we all need to learn a lesson here, as I said in earlier posts, what works for one business dosent apply across the board, and this is where problems occur on forums becasue people think it should be done their way and no other way - and thats why arguments happen

it would be interesting to get some feed back from other cleaners on there views

my point is when you have grafted hard got your round sorted to loose work thro cleaning in the rain

that would gut me

Sure I understand mate, but what everybody has to realise different working methods apply. It dosent work for YOUR customers but it may work for others, its all dependent on how other people run THEIR business - you cant group it all up and round it up into one nice ball where everybody operates the same..... not everybody can be right, were all different and if we were all the same it would be pretty dull...The problems occur as I said before is when people dont accept other peoples working methods. You know sometimes rather than knocking or critisising we can probably pick up some tips from others, keeping our minds open to other peoples methods can be good, Ive learnt alot my opening my mind up to how other people do things, Im always open to suggestions, if it makes me finacially better off - that would be great

Customer dictates at the end of the day.You can educate, promise,guarantee but if they say no! no means no boys and girls

For me Duncs I know everybody runs things differently, if somebody trotted along in my business and said "kate you need to do this this way" which I have been told several times, Ill listen, absorb and then decide if its right for me.... forums are a devil for telling people how they should or should not be doing things - but I accept everybody operates in their own way x We are devils as human beings not accepting change, or suggestions (we all think we do things right) arguments just occur really easily, because people will not accept change or critisim x But thats life hey ho

Just think Duncs we cant dictate to others - people do things their own way who knows whose wrong and whose right..........theres alot of pocket experts about in all industries

ok here is what I do.

domestic window cleaning light rain,

commercial work any rain, unless its really throwing it down.

I personally don't like working in the rain and getting wet and getting my van seats soaking either, so personally I don't tend to do it unless I fall behind.

Sorry folks but what has working in the rain got to do with the original post?

I love a good chit chat myself but surely the topic of working in the rain has been covered many times before....

As we have lost a couple of good mods today I thought I would leave this thread along and let it go off topic if you wanted this is just a one off as tomorrow I will be nasty :Image15: :Image15:

Back