Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bottled it - demoralised

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Some of us do it the traditional way mate

I earn between 150 and 190 quid a day usually sometimes more doing it the old way

Im gonna get some trad gear, i have a few jobs that i reckon might be quicker that way, specifically a house that has hydrophobic glass all round and caused me a few problems, would be good to at least try it and see for myself.

My best day taking wise so far is about 120, from 9-3 ish...******* about with a trolley that leaks occasionally, gets air locked from time to time and runs out of water half way thru a job slows me down.

Whats a good brand of trad gear to get? will any do or some better than others?

I use unger ergotec handles and channels

And Ettore. Ettore are good but i prefer unger handles

The ettore channels are better to modify but also harder to use modded but for a standard squeegee both are good

I have the unger optiloc pole so the handles work with that

Also unger applicator handle but porcupine sleeve

I have a feeling you might want to get moerman channels soon though lol

adam u should invest in a small van with built in system wen u get a chance im sure someone could help u set up a cheap but gd quialty one. I just use the unger brand

I had to clean a soil pipe out the back of a house by hand cause bird **** caked on and my feck it was hard dave ;-) well done for doing faschia by hand

Easy..spray with tfr then wipe with wet cloth with ecover/flash mix on it

Jobs a good un

A mate of mine works up the road at autoglym and gets me the 25l advanced tfr superstrength out the back door lol

Last edited by a moderator:
some people prefer an insult rather than a tippey toe approach. youve only seconds to judge when they open the door but if the face fits ,try "hello u old sh/t ,want your windows cleaned?"

it can bring a roar of laughter

adam u should invest in a small van with built in system wen u get a chance im sure someone could help u set up a cheap but gd quialty one. I just use the unger brand
Got a van mate, no problem building one i just cant afford at the minute, not too worried ill struggle on for now, my next step will be to get a reel and microbore and see if i can run it off the trolley from the van.

google Belfast smic accent lmao

here mate ya want yer windies cleaned like the mara do em chaeap lmao

I love it goin door to door wen yer women said that earlier I was pissin meself laughin lol

Back