Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Christmas holidays?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As a former civil servant (?) I never worked between Christmas and the New Year.  Ain't going to start now so I will finish on 22 Dec (my eldest boy will turn 11 on 23rd) and return on 4 Jan.  

I'll simply carry on with my schedule as I left it so everyone will be delayed slightly in the New Year.  I don't need to explain to anyone because it ought to be obvious!

I'm looking forward to spending time with my boys over Xmas ?

As a former civil servant (?) I never worked between Christmas and the New Year.  Ain't going to start now so I will finish on 22 Dec (my eldest boy will turn 11 on 23rd) and return on 4 Jan.  

I'll simply carry on with my schedule as I left it so everyone will be delayed slightly in the New Year.  I don't need to explain to anyone because it ought to be obvious!

I'm looking forward to spending time with my boys over Xmas ?
Beautifully put. More to life than work ?

I'm hoping to take from 24th to back on 4th.  I don't want to work Christmas Eve but depending on the weather I might have to.  Wednesday is looking like 50mph winds so might have to take the day off which has a knock on effect.

I wouldn't want to intrude on peoples Christmas festivities, it's a time for family and rest, not a time for my ugly mug popping up at the window ?  

I'm looking forward to the break, not had a week off all year, just worked straight through everything.

I'm breaking up this Friday and I won't be back until the 11th January. I always take 3 weeks off for Christmas from the windows. Usually though I 'work' in my band over the festive period. This will be the first New Years Eve in the house in about 13 years. Or well, time to recharge the batteries...and the van battery's ?

I never work in between xmas and new year....unless you have commercial(shops)to clean then I really can't see domestic customers being pleased to see you.....
That’s a good point. Christmas is a family affair and a national bank holiday.

Imagine someone turning up to your house on Boxing Day to clean your windows?

The second word out of my mouth would be ‘off’ ?

Yup, off from 24th to 4th. I normally use this time to optimise my round and sort out the van (if needed). I don't worry about shifting the schedule by a week or two, I just catch up after the break. We're lucky with the lovely weather down here in the south-east ☀️?

Mostly feet up though ?

I'm hoping to take from 24th to back on 4th.  I don't want to work Christmas Eve but depending on the weather I might have to.  Wednesday is looking like 50mph winds so might have to take the day off which has a knock on effect.

I wouldn't want to intrude on peoples Christmas festivities, it's a time for family and rest, not a time for my ugly mug popping up at the window ?  

I'm looking forward to the break, not had a week off all year, just worked straight through everything.
Why haven't you took a week off all year?I have at least 4 weeks a year off..I even managed to get to greece for a week in oct!.....your a long time dead mate....

I’m gonna finish on the 22 or 23 Dec. Prob go back mon the 11th i think. I will turn out and do my weekly shops in between tho as I like the 4 or 5 hours doing them. 

Why haven't you took a week off all year?I have at least 4 weeks a year off..I even managed to get to greece for a week in oct!.....your a long time dead mate....
I had 2 abroad holidays booked this year and both were cancelled.

Not had a week off except xmas in 2 years.

If I've got nowhere to go what's the point.

I had 2 abroad holidays booked this year and both were cancelled.

Not had a week off except xmas in 2 years.

If I've got nowhere to go what's the point.
You had time off during the first lockdown. I remember you saying ‘i would of been away anyway so I’m taking this week off’  when it was the whole ‘should we or shouldn’t we work’ 

You had time off during the first lockdown. I remember you saying ‘i would of been away anyway so I’m taking this week off’  when it was the whole ‘should we or shouldn’t we work’ 
You're right.. had a couple of weeks then  totally forgot about that.

Getting senile in my old age.

Although it wasn't time off as ended up redecorating the whole house and doing diy?

Ive worked my nads off since i started my journey im finishing Friday 18th (this friday) and im going back Monday 11th.

Yes its a long long break but i deserve it i think.

My customers have been told that their next cleans could be as much as 3 weeks later than the norm and not one has complained, infact most have said "good on you enjoy the break"

One thing i have found this year is the xmas tips have not been as forthcoming as last year but in this horrendous year i didnt expect them to.

Back