Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaner Planner Vs Aworka

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Susie did and import 3 weeks ago today I think it was, So all my jobs from cp active, cancelled and suspended were in total around 619 jobs all these jobs within squeegee are classed as active and my current total of active job's on my rounds are 378 the difference between the two figures above means that I would need to filter these jobs one by one I assume.

Also looking this morning within squeegee my window cleaning jobs have the service marked as general would this mean that I have to filter through 100's of jobs and amend this for each job.

Also a drag and drop feature within the planner would be great as the all the jobs for tomorrow for example are in the wrong order that I clean them, I usually have my first block of work in Round 1 and so on and have my daily jobs set like this so they are in the exact order I clean them. Best Regards Iron Giant

County Durham Lad
??? Too much stress.  I'm off to book a table for lunch. 

We can easily sort the services for you and take a look at the original import (or a new one might be best) for the inactive and active customers to re run it. Great idea for a feature to set the default service when importing... We'll add this to allow users to set it in the next release ? there is drag and drop from the avatars (small circles to the left of the job) for each day to create a planned order. However for now if you go to the service in the service list, you can just rename it and it will affect all jobs with that service. Very soon we'll have the ability to use drag and drop to order a round from the rounds view as well as a number of our customers have asked for this, then whenever that round comes up it will go in that order. 

If you want us to take another look, we'll happily do this for you this afternoon. For the time being on ordering, there's distance, your own planned order for the day (drag and drop) or the optimised route on day pilot. The job for ordering rounds is right at the top of the list after this next release which is massive! 

Cheers! 
Putting rounds in order is what I'm eagerly awaiting

It's the only niggle I have with squeegee, having to put work in order each time

We can easily sort the services for you and take a look at the original import (or a new one might be best) for the inactive and active customers to re run it. Great idea for a feature to set the default service when importing... We'll add this to allow users to set it in the next release ? there is drag and drop from the avatars (small circles to the left of the job) for each day to create a planned order. However for now if you go to the service in the service list, you can just rename it and it will affect all jobs with that service. Very soon we'll have the ability to use drag and drop to order a round from the rounds view as well as a number of our customers have asked for this, then whenever that round comes up it will go in that order. 

If you want us to take another look, we'll happily do this for you this afternoon. For the time being on ordering, there's distance, your own planned order for the day (drag and drop) or the optimised route on day pilot. The job for ordering rounds is right at the top of the list after this next release which is massive! 

Cheers! 

Thanks for the reply not sure if you fully understood what I meant as in CP the options for jobs are Quote/Active, Active, Suspended, Cancelled, Complete and Transferred now jobs that are no longer on my rounds and I no longer clean maybe marked as either Cancelled or Complete within CP so how would this be able to be addressed by ensuring that only the active jobs are imported as active and the canceled or complete jobs are imported to Squeegee as inactive 

Not sure if the inactive jobs as I will label them will need importing due to transaction history etc for accounting purposes more so with been part way through my tax year. 

Thanks for the reply not sure if you fully understood what I meant as in CP the options for jobs are Quote/Active, Active, Suspended, Cancelled, Complete and Transferred now jobs that are no longer on my rounds and I no longer clean maybe marked as either Cancelled or Complete within CP so how would this be able to be addressed by ensuring that only the active jobs are imported as active and the canceled or complete jobs are imported to Squeegee as inactive 

Not sure if the inactive jobs as I will label them will need importing due to transaction history etc for accounting purposes more so with been part way through my tax year. 

Maybe a quick chat on the phone later this morning might be best if you have 5 mins? We looked into the issue on importing yesterday and there's some work being done currently on improving this, so your input is really useful! 

Thanks again! 

Maybe a quick chat on the phone later this morning might be best if you have 5 mins? We looked into the issue on importing yesterday and there's some work being done currently on improving this, so your input is really useful! 

Thanks again! 
I will save the number to my phone and make some time to call you during office hours. 

No but seriously though it’s always good to have a back up and one of the reasons why I’m still a little dubious about gocardless. Once these company’s know that your business is reliant on them and they’ve cornered the market and know that you need them a lot more than they need you they’ve got you by the short and curlys and can do whatever they want.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

No but seriously though it’s always good to have a back up and one of the reasons why I’m still a little dubious about gocardless. Once these company’s know that your business is reliant on them and they’ve cornered the market and know that you need them a lot more than they need you they’ve got you by the short and curlys and can do whatever they want.

GoCardless is authorised and regulated by the Financial  Conduct Authority so no they can't do just what they want and as they collect around £3 billion a year on behalf of other business and they are continuing to grow right across Europe and now Austrailia they ain't going nowhere which is what some people worry about as well. 

As for round tracking software IMHO is a must for a modern window cleaning business and with a bad memory like mine I need planning software otherwise I wouldn't be managing my business as well as I am without round tracking apps and GoCardless  

GoCardless is authorised and regulated by the Financial  Conduct Authority so no they can't do just what they want and as they collect around £3 billion a year on behalf of other business and they are continuing to grow right across Europe and now Austrailia they ain't going nowhere which is what some people worry about as well. 

As for round tracking software IMHO is a must for a modern window cleaning business and with a bad memory like mine I need planning software otherwise I wouldn't be managing my business as well as I am without round tracking apps and GoCardless  
Fair dos if your memory is that bad. I often forget that I’ve been working my round for a very long time and know it like the back of my hand. I’ve also picked up many round management skills off other people and implemented them into my own to make it very efficient so deffo don’t need software to tell me were I should be. Tbh though my lads not been with me that long and he’s picking it up very quickly so it shouldn’t be that hard for others on their own work. As for GC it’s certainly going nowhere and getting bigger by the minute and that’s the problem. Sooner or later they won’t need the small guy and you will be priced out.

Fair dos if your memory is that bad. I often forget that I’ve been working my round for a very long time and know it like the back of my hand. I’ve also picked up many round management skills off other people and implemented them into my own to make it very efficient so deffo don’t need software to tell me were I should be. Tbh though my lads not been with me that long and he’s picking it up very quickly so it shouldn’t be that hard for others on their own work. As for GC it’s certainly going nowhere and getting bigger by the minute and that’s the problem. Sooner or later they won’t need the small guy and you will be priced out.

The whole point of gocardless is to be aimed at the small guy

Big businesses can afford to use direct debit services which are prohibitively expensive for small operations like ours which is the main usp for gocardless 

The whole point of gocardless is to be aimed at the small guy
Big businesses can afford to use direct debit services which are prohibitively expensive for small operations like ours which is the main usp for gocardless 
Don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking it as I’m sure it’s very useful tool for some but I’m just not keen on sticking all my eggs in one basket, especially when my livelihood depends on it. As we all know times change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

A quick update. Since I started the thread I have further explored Squeegee.  When I first looked at it some time back (when it was Mickey Mouse) it has evolved into one hell of a tool. 

I have now switched all my files over and and very much enjoying the layout and usability and most of all that rare thing called phone support. 

Cleaner Planner and Aworka are now the ones needing to up their game. 

A quick update. Since I started the thread I have further explored Squeegee.  When I first looked at it some time back (when it was Mickey Mouse) it has evolved into one hell of a tool. 

I have now switched all my files over and and very much enjoying the layout and usability and most of all that rare thing called phone support. 

Thanks for the feedback ? We're still nearly there with Enterprise which I think will suit your needs perfectly!

Good to hear, I did an import from CP earlier this week so just working through all things with it been very different and the fact that I have got so used to using another system for years and the integrations of text and GC and not really done a road test as such on a daily as yet.Have you linked your GC account with Squeegee as yet and if so how did you find the process   

I’m just starting out so I want to make sure I make the right choice from the get go. I’ve changed my mind about 5 times since reading from the start of this thread [emoji85]

It looks like squeegee may be the way forward though I’ll have a look into them a bit more [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I’m just starting out so I want to make sure I make the right choice from the get go. I’ve changed my mind about 5 times since reading from the start of this thread
emoji85.png

It looks like squeegee may be the way forward though I’ll have a look into them a bit more
emoji1362.png

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Give us a shout if you need anything at all, we're on hand to help ? 

Latest Posts

Back