Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO Alex Gardiner. Flocked Xtreme?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Winp[emoji768]oClean[emoji812]" userid="1282"]So true!!
I remember the first Super-lites and being blown away by them after a few years using Vikan bricks!! I also remember when I had to walk a 40ft pole up the wall to erect it!! Newbies don't know they're born these days!![emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
We have one of these on our big poles as you need a bit of weight on the top to make it easier to use.

We are about to upgrade all our brush heads not happy with the last 20 we have had from xline.
I need 8 everyday brushes we currently use xline lightweight sill brushes

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Alex or anyone using the new DuPont brush what are the bristles like in comparison to the gardiner brushes, 

soft like a flock.

medium soft.

medium.

or stiff.

I have to use soft or flock brushes on a lot of my work due to leaded, wooden and also astragal windows, would the DuPont be suitable for astragal bars or should I stick to the softer brushes? Also is this brush any good for rinsing on the glass as I found the ultimate medium good for rinsing on.

The stiffness of the DuPont is about the same feel as the white outer bristles on a medium/soft Ultimate brush, but they glide more on the glass and have better bounce back.

The DuPont Hybrid would probably be just as good on the wooden and astragal windows, but on leaded it would probably not be quite as good as a soft flocked.

The Dupont Hybrid is good for rinsing on the glass under light pressure as then the centre hybrid bristle are not in much contact.

Thank you Alex for an in depth answer  I have plenty of flocks in stock, I’m also enjoying the ultimate medium but think my next order will include a DuPont hybrid. 

Couldn’t help myself just order the DuPont hybrid looking forward to giving it a try. 

We used to produce a flocked Xtreme - didn't last that well and was not that popular, so we stopped making it.

We are about to bring out a DuPont Hybrid version of the Xtreme which I think will be very popular.
Any indication when this I see due to be released Alex? ?

Me too! 

Its the supreme with DuPont bristles I’m looking forward to. I think from what Alex said a few months ago we must be pretty close time wise. 

Im holding off buying new brushes too. Need to replace every brush soon, and the supreme will be perfect. I just can’t handle the ultimate stick shape. Supremes are much better for the frames I feel like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too! 

Its the supreme with DuPont bristles I’m looking forward to. I think from what Alex said a few months ago we must be pretty close time wise. 

Im holding off buying new brushes too. Need to replace every brush soon, and the supreme will be perfect. I just can’t handle the ultimate stick shape. Supremes are much better for the frames I feel like.
I’m really happy with the ultimate DuPont hybrid, it’s I want to try a extreme for the lightness but waiting for DuPont to be released., I have never tried a supreme heard good things about them but as I’m getting older I’m looking to lighten my equipment. 

I’m really happy with the ultimate DuPont hybrid, it’s I want to try a extreme for the lightness but waiting for DuPont to be released., I have never tried a supreme heard good things about them but as I’m getting older I’m looking to lighten my equipment. 

Thats the thing. You have to try them to see what suits you and your work. For me the Supreme bristles were too long. I ended up selling them on. The Ultimate’s were just right but the Xtreme med hybrid wins hands down due to the light weight.

Are you claiming your equipment is heavy ?
Nope, but being less fatigue or finishing a bit earlier using lighter equipment is a big bonus.

Plus in 20 years time when I’m your age I don’t want to look like you. ?

Thats the thing. You have to try them to see what suits you and your work. For me the Supreme bristles were too long. I ended up selling them on. The Ultimate’s were just right but the Xtreme med hybrid wins hands down due to the light weight.
I’m happy enough with the ultimate brushes, just thought that I would give the extreme a go and maybe finish a touch earlier each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, but being less fatigue or finishing a bit earlier using lighter equipment is a big bonus.

Plus in 20 years time when I’m your age I don’t want to look like you. ?

I’m happy enough with the ultimate brushes, just thought that I would give the extreme a go and maybe finish a touch earlier each day.
Nothing wrong in being the xxxl version of George Clooney ?

Well you do offer good advice and I love the action and scrubbing power of the DuPont hybrid so I'm more than willing to give the xtreme ago, you recommendations so far have always been good ? 

Update:

I have a box of pre production Supreme DuPont Hybrid made up. If anyone is wanting to buy one of these please send me an email - [email protected] & after the 10th of June I can make these up for you to try out. 

Xtreme Dupont - not had these made yet. If any current users of the Xtreme medium hybrid are interested in buying one please email me & when the first pre production ones come in I will sort this. 

Update:

I have a box of pre production Supreme DuPont Hybrid made up. If anyone is wanting to buy one of these please send me an email - [email protected] & after the 10th of June I can make these up for you to try out. 

Xtreme Dupont - not had these made yet. If any current users of the Xtreme medium hybrid are interested in buying one please email me & when the first pre production ones come in I will sort this. 
Thank you for the update, I'm not a extreme user yet but will wait until the extreme DuPont is available as I'm dying to try one out ?

Update:

Email sent for the supreme. ? been waiting for these brushes. ?

Back