Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First one of the year

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I had one same just before Christmas, she was a bit ditzy and said it as getting into her car, she soon stopped when I politely said no find another window cleaner as I have people wanting a slot. Odd clean fair enough, a few cleans is a no

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Nice to see how others word it. ? Nice. Never thought to say I have others on a waiting list! Like that.

I usually say, that I can't run my business like this. And that I need to know when I leave my house how much money I will be earning for that day, week etc otherwise I'm in no-mans land.

I also tell them 95% of my work is commercial, and the very few houses I do are regular customers who just want clean windows all the time.

Just the way I play it.

Nice to see how others word it. ? Nice. Never thought to say I have others on a waiting list! Like that.

I usually say, that I can't run my business like this. And that I need to know when I leave my house how much money I will be earning for that day, week etc otherwise I'm in no-mans land.

I also tell them 95% of my work is commercial, and the very few houses I do are regular customers who just want clean windows all the time.

Just the way I play it.
Basically do the same explain that I only have regulars, work in the rain all year round except snow or high winds etc but unfortunately you still get the odd ones that tell porkies. 

sent messages out for cleans tomorrow 2 cancelled as it was to hard to pay me they have been customers since October and don't use internet banking so normally i pick the money up after 5 there not interested in gocardless either as I've been trying to get them on it since i picked them up

My stock reply is... 'No problem, regards Peter'.

Then I usually dump them.

I've had a few then phone me (6 months later at the start of summer!) and ask why I haven't been. At this point I act dumb! (very easy for me to do).

The conversation goes...

When are you next coming to clean my windows?

I didn't think you wanted me to clean for you anymore as you cancelled my services twice!

Oh no, I do you want you to come and clean, but last time you text me, I had to go into hospital for my lumbago, my car caught fire, there was an earthquake, my house burnt down, the dog died...

Oh well that's a shame as i'm really busy now and can't fit you in.

Bye!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one yesterday. Retired couple who approached me when I was cleaning a neighbour 6 months or so back. I phone them up the night before. 

Me: 'Hi, it's Tuffers, I'll be calling round tomorrow to clean your windows.'

Custy: "oh, hang on....shouts to hubby...do we want the windows cleaned tomorrow? Shout comes back 'not in this weather.'

Me: 'weather is good tomorrow, I'll take you off the round in future.'

Custy: "thank you." In a cheery voice.

I don't think she grasped that she'd just lost her window cleaner.

I wasn't phoning them to ask if I could clean, I was phoning to tell them their windows were due and I'd be turning up to clean. As it happened the weather was decent today.

DUMPED.

I had one yesterday. Retired couple who approached me when I was cleaning a neighbour 6 months or so back. I phone them up the night before. 

Me: 'Hi, it's Tuffers, I'll be calling round tomorrow to clean your windows.'

Custy: "oh, hang on....shouts to hubby...do we want the windows cleaned tomorrow? Shout comes back 'not in this weather.'

Me: 'weather is good tomorrow, I'll take you off the round in future.'

Custy: "thank you." In a cheery voice.

I don't think she grasped that she'd just lost her window cleaner.

I wasn't phoning them to ask if I could clean, I was phoning to tell them their windows were due and I'd be turning up to clean. As it happened the weather was decent today.

DUMPED.
I think a lot see it that way. I only text specific customers were access/payment etc is needed on the day. I feel by texting your offering an alternative were as if you just turn up as agreed in the first place they don’t. Frequency, price, payment method and any other bits of info are all discussed and arranged before the first clean so we both know were we stand. I leave a mini invoice after every clean so they know I’ve been and when/how to pay but very rarley text as they already know when I’m due. I suppose by offering a text service the night before it will weed out the messers. 

Back