Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting out new van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Today I have cut out the sections for the floor  roller system 

View attachment 22443

View attachment 22444

View attachment 22445
Nice van build - looks very professional!

With those rollers, do you leave those holes always open like that? - What happens when you're driving along - does any moisture from the road get thrown up into the van? - What happens at night when moisture rises up?

Sorry for all the questions..

With those rollers, do you leave those holes always open like that? - What happens when you're driving along - does any moisture from the road get thrown up into the van? - What happens at night when moisture rises up?

Yes it’s permanently open looks like this now the rollers are fitted , no don’t get any road dirt come in the van , we have them in all our vans and have never had any water or dirt come inside ,  no problem with any questions that’s how we all learn ,ask away any time .  

669ABCFD-5EE7-49F7-9FD7-F91758D0E1D7.jpeg

They also act as floor vents to provide fresh air for his diesel heater if he isn't drawing fresh air from outside ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Today my mate whose a marine electrician did the electrics everything is now working , just waiting for Grippatank to supply the reels hopefully they will be hear next week , also started on the plumbing but waiting for under bumper hose ports to arrive  as well all very frustrating being held up bu such basic things ???

View attachment 22559

View attachment 22560

View attachment 22561

View attachment 22562

View attachment 22563

View attachment 22564
Now that's what I call wiring. Tidy easy to fault find and perfect 

Well at last the reels have arrived ??? will be fitting them in the van tomorrow barring something unforeseen the control boxes look like something off the star ship enterprise all my other reels have just had a positive and negative to put into the battery this has wires every ware and no wiring diagram ???, I know my electrician is going to say “ ware is the wiring diagram “ ????? 

B0E3B30B-B96D-44DC-8EB0-0770DF022698.jpeg

FC163597-D4AC-4C10-B815-A14127DE82E3.jpeg

1CDDFFF3-05E6-412B-A972-D65664024C63.jpeg

F8221AB6-FDD5-4CA9-BA53-65A62218E958.jpeg

84841D46-631D-4B84-A4BB-F63BC225B540.jpeg

Looking forward to your opinion on these are they big? Did you get the remote control with them? 

Well at last the reels have arrived ??? will be fitting them in the van tomorrow barring something unforeseen the control boxes look like something off the star ship enterprise all my other reels have just had a positive and negative to put into the battery this has wires every ware and no wiring diagram ???, I know my electrician is going to say “ ware is the wiring diagram “ ????? 

View attachment 22647

View attachment 22648

View attachment 22649

View attachment 22650

View attachment 22651
When you plug those yellow connectors in they just pop out later on so I cut a few mm off the female plastic end. It meant I could shove them in further and then tape them up with insulation tape, job done.

Looking forward to your opinion on these are they big? Did you get the remote control with them? 
They are similar size to the waterworks 3D and a bit smaller than the pure freedom one , no I didn’t want the remote control , but have noticed that one of the control box things does  have an Ariel on it so assume all I would need is the remote fob ???? 

Looks to me like the control boxes have 4 wires. 2 male bullet connectors for 0v and 12v the 2 female bullets for the reels, all nicely colour coded. Looks straight forward only thing you need to know is what fuse is required.

Good luck and cheers for picks. Looks like it's coming on nicely.

They are similar size to the waterworks 3D and a bit smaller than the pure freedom one , no I didn’t want the remote control , but have noticed that one of the control box things does  have an Ariel on it so assume all I would need is the remote fob ???? 
I haven’t bothered with the remote to be honest I like to handball to hose evenly on the reel. The install Looking good mate ?

Looks to me like the control boxes have 4 wires. 2 male bullet connectors for 0v and 12v the 2 female bullets for the reels, all nicely colour coded. Looks straight forward only thing you need to know is what fuse is required.

Good luck and cheers for picks. Looks like it's coming on nicely.
Not sure about the wiring to be honest but there is no fuse in any of the bits that I have with it all ????? No paperwork or wiring diagrams at all very poor I think , my mate is going to be doing the wiring and Ime sure it will be an easy thing fir him he’s used to doing full re wires on super yacht s and fit all boating electronics . 

Today I have fitted the reels , and done  the plumbing under the van , and the fuel standpipe has been fitted onto the fuel tank for the boiler and that’s all working fine , just got to sort out the wiring for the reels , dies anyone have a wiring diagram at all please ??? Most reels have two wires that go to the battery but this is totally different with a box of printed circuit boards fir each reel and a number of wires coming out of the box , there is no fusable link in the fitting kit either !!!!! And of course Grippatank are shut over tge weekend I have emailed Oliver but was hoping to have it up and running for  work Monday morning , I cannot take any chances with it being wired wrong as theses boxes full of gubbins look very expensive ????

2617BDC2-C2EA-4DD9-93DB-4C7976E350FC.jpeg

FC80FF00-A7F4-4040-8395-060934528BC1.jpeg

7994C268-D233-473D-9A4A-2FD01E436A0F.jpeg

F13C70CA-062A-4FDD-8DC9-521DD4A348DC.jpeg

E6AE58F4-B755-4B2B-8C6A-F119D62DB94A.jpeg

A6FCC9D7-F7C5-47BB-9D79-7DCE2AD8F2EA.jpeg

B7F82112-10B9-4A98-BA58-605F4FD30AB5.jpeg

Get your electrician to open up boxes as connection points on circuit board will probably be marked. 

Looks like you have 4 wires from control box plus fixed cable for switches?

Looks like power in on male bullets and the other 2 go to reels but without marking on circuit board or diagram could be expensive assumption. 

Get your electrician to open up boxes as connection points on circuit board will probably be marked. 

Looks like you have 4 wires from control box plus fixed cable for switches?

Looks like power in on male bullets and the other 2 go to reels but without marking on circuit board or diagram could be expensive assumption. 
Thanks for that , I will get mark to have a look in the boxes I have looked and don’t know  what Ime looking at to be honest but it looks complicated and expensive ????

Thanks for that , I will get mark to have a look in the boxes I have looked and don’t know  what Ime looking at to be honest but it looks complicated and expensive ????
It must be so frustrating... But the boxes won't be cheap so best to play safe if no markings on circuit board. 

Looking good though. 

Finally made a start on mine today after getting it waterproofed. Here's some pictures, all that's left to do is tidying up, sign writing and securing the tank... It got too cold and dark to do much more today so will finish the tidy up in the morning!

IMG_0273.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

8C2B413B-951A-430E-92AD-44684B991418.JPG

6A3512D6-15C2-4B2D-BE96-ACF4839CAF94.JPG

Back